Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #1
dangnplus
 
dangnplus's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT camaro RS package
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dallas Tx
Posts: 133
2013 V6 camaro vs 2010 GT mustang

What would the outcome of this match be? will the camaro get left in smokes? will it be close? if it were both stock? thanks!
__________________
dangnplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
2010 mustang gt, no questions asked.

Auto GT does low 14's, Auto V6 Camaro does high 14's.

Manual GT can do high 13's, manual v6 camaro can do mid 14's.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
My friend's 2010 5-speed automatic mustang gt ran 13.2 @ 104-105 mph on stock gears with just a tune and mufflers/intake on drag radials. He has 4.56 gears and run's 12 second 1/4 miles all day now. Camaro V6 is no competition, stock or mod for mod. People underestime the 3v's since the 5.0 came out, but they still run good. Don't sleep on 'em!
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #4
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776


^The 3v making 13.2 pass with just a tune and mufflers.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #5
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
If the gt can drive, you'll get beat.
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #6
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
If the gt can drive, you'll get beat.
+1

I did beat an intake/exhaust 08 mustang gt manual. But it was only because he scratched 2nd gear. In my defense I held him off all the way to the 1/4 mile marker. By the time he was in 2nd gear and got back on it, my car was dead even with his. His 60 foot advantage was negated and it was close. But I would say I was the faster driver, not the faster car.... per say. Note how I actually lengthened my lead from the 330 foot mark to the 1/4 mile mark.

I'm car 260, was driving a 10 year old v6 manual accord coupe.

08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor
 
FaytalsCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: My Wife Crazy
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,699
Sorry but everyone else is correct. Even though the horsepower may be close the torque is what wins races. It will be evident the difference from the get go. This is with to equal drivers though.
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
justa25thTA

 
justa25thTA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
My friend's 2010 5-speed automatic mustang gt ran 13.2 @ 104-105 mph on stock gears with just a tune and mufflers/intake on drag radials. He has 4.56 gears and run's 12 second 1/4 miles all day now. Camaro V6 is no competition, stock or mod for mod. People underestime the 3v's since the 5.0 came out, but they still run good. Don't sleep on 'em!

so its not stock? The OP said stock to stock.
__________________
Yeah, I'll get around to it...
justa25thTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #9
Grabber
Resident Mustang Owner
 
Grabber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wheeling, IL
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
+1

I did beat an intake/exhaust 08 mustang gt manual. But it was only because he scratched 2nd gear. In my defense I held him off all the way to the 1/4 mile marker. By the time he was in 2nd gear and got back on it, my car was dead even with his. His 60 foot advantage was negated and it was close. But I would say I was the faster driver, not the faster car.... per say. Note how I actually lengthened my lead from the 330 foot mark to the 1/4 mile mark.

I'm car 260, was driving a 10 year old v6 manual accord coupe.


14.2 for a Manual GT is horrible.

My friend ran a 13.3 @ 105 in a completely stock (3.55 Gear option) 06 GT in really good weather conditions. Years later, he got an 07 GT with a 3.31 Gear option and ran 13.4 @ 104 in very similar weather. In summer, his GT's consistently went 13.5-13.6 in Chicago heat.

Stock for Stock/Mod for Mod, the V6 Camaro will lose by a good amount.
__________________
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com
 
Drives: The Blue Vert
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 123
I did 12.7 on gears and tune on my 08 coupe and 13.1 with my 06 vert with stock 3.55's and tune. The 08 did that in 100 degree summer Texas weather. It was fully stock minus gears and tire. Just launching the living piss out it. Thanks Ford for the 31 spline axles and straight axle stock. That was a 6800 launch.

Neal@NitrousOutlet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com
 
Drives: The Blue Vert
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 123
Oh and to give you an idea of what a tune and intake will do power wise. The stock tune on the 08 yielded 27X/31X and with JLT intake and tune 318/340.
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
VADER SS L99


 
VADER SS L99's Avatar
 
Drives: Z71, 2001 Trans Am, 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 2,908
My 08 GT auto did consistent mid 13's with only a Bama tune and C and L cai in horrible Oklahoma DA. I dont think any current V6 Camaro has a chance vs any 3v Mustang stock for stock mod for mod driver for driver. Yeah they might have close to the same HP but the torque is way different plus the Mustang is lighter.
__________________
BLK/BLK 1SS/RS Ordered 11-01-2009 Took delivery 12-22-2009. Heads/cam/converter/bolt ons. SOLD Feb 2015 to fund 6th gen LT1 SS with 8L90E.
VADER SS L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,789
If the driver in the mustang can drive, there is no contest.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #14
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
14.2 for a Manual GT is horrible.

My friend ran a 13.3 @ 105 in a completely stock (3.55 Gear option) 06 GT in really good weather conditions. Years later, he got an 07 GT with a 3.31 Gear option and ran 13.4 @ 104 in very similar weather. In summer, his GT's consistently went 13.5-13.6 in Chicago heat.

Stock for Stock/Mod for Mod, the V6 Camaro will lose by a good amount.
Cool the mustang is on the left, it ran 14.3. ET is bad but considering the 30 mph headwind and 2000 DA, the trap is right on. My friend in tuned 2010 mustang gt who ran 13.2 @ 104 also ran 13.4-13.5 @ 101-102 that day, on drag radials nonetheless.

Weather/conditions play a huge factor. One day his 3v can run mid-high 13's @ 101-102, another cooler day with negative DA it can run bottom 13's @ 104-105 mph.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.