Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #101
72MachOne99GT

Drives: 1972 Mach 1, 1999 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

...I am, however, detecting some anti-ZL1 undertones to some posts...please remember where you are before you (you know who you are) takes something personally...and refrain from raining on our parade.
Strange, I've noticed every post make sure to kiss butt before posting anything remotely controversial.

If Ford or anyone does ever release some ring times I'd love to see some PP vs non-PP times.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #102
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Cool video, but I don't think I'd adjust my helmet at 135 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #103
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRain View Post
First five words in his post 'I went to Subaru Canada' Everything is so overpriced up here. Such a freaking scam. You would think that the camaros being built in canada give us a break. But no the add 10k dealership tax.
Strange, drive across the border buy one and take it back lol Jk idk how all that crap works but hey its an idea

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #104
ThaCamaroKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie scar View Post
That’s the problem with living in Canada; we get screwed on the price of vehicles.

If you go to the GM Canada web site and build a ZL1, the price without the taxes or options is over $60K, and because I live in Ontario you have to add on 13% sales tax to the cost of the vehicle. 13% of 60K is $7800.00.

Go to the GM Canada web site and build your ZL1 with the options you have on it. The price that comes out does not have the taxes added to it. Also they throw in a bunch of fees on top of that price, which are about $600.00.

Also since I am Canadian I cannot purchase a vehicle from the U.S. that is new. Only used vehicles are allowed for purchase, which means I would have to buy a ZL1 with someone else mileage on the car instead of my own.

This is not meant to start an argument; this is the reality of vehicle prices and rules in Canada.

Here is the real kicker of it all.
I live in the same province as these vehicles are produced.
There is only one Chevy dealership in the city I live in with a population of over a 100,000 people.
GM will only give the local dealership one allocation at a time, in order to get another one they have to actually have the papers signed saying the owner has bought the car.
And last but not least when you put your order in you are looking at anywhere from 6 months to a year to get the car.
Wow wtf is the deal with that? Why can you not buy a new car from the U.S. and bring it over? I'd be pissed about that more than anything!

375RWHP/399RWTQ
Old 02-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #105
ThaCamaroKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Strange, I've noticed every post make sure to kiss butt before posting anything remotely controversial.

If Ford or anyone does ever release some ring times I'd love to see some PP vs non-PP times.
Ford already took the 2013 GT500's to the ring and will not release the times, there are plenty of pictures of the GT500 being there so 1 of 2 things happened,

1) The GT500 did not come near the times they wanted
2) They were simply Test driving it there and not taking times

If the GT500 ever gets around the ring and laptimes are displayed it will be from a private tester which is not likely to happen, though I wish it would I would like to see what it lays down.

375RWHP/399RWTQ
Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #106
72MachOne99GT

That's not what my second paragraph says?

I know they were there, well before the ZL1 time was released to boot, still didn't release times, never have. Which is why I said I'd LIKE to see Ford or someone release times
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #107
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post

It has nothing to do with kissing butt. The point is this is a ZL1 forum populated with ZL1 owners who love the car; much like every other model specific forum that populates the internet. Yet, owners of different cars (Ford and GM alike) love to come here and down play every accomplishment of the ZL1 and quite honestly it's annoying as hell.

You have a fine car that offers incredible performance and commands respect in it's own right; no need to hate on the ZL1 to prove it.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #108
72MachOne99GT

Ok, great point... Save for the fact that not one of my posts on this site has ragged on the ZL1.

Any other insight?

I'm aware this site gets trilled heavily (whether or not it deserves it I'll keep to myself) but if people read my posts instead of lumping my name/sig with said trolls, there's plenty of discussion available.
Quote:
Old 03-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #109
ThaCamaroKid

I keep an open mind when car comparisons come up, however I chose my Camaro because I believed it was better at than the given Mustang/Challenger at the given time, as do most of the people on this forum, if they believed the Mustang or Challenger was better they would have bought one of those and probably be on that forum. I obviously don't mean that in a bad way but people choose what they think is better for whatever reason, Ford and Chevy go back and forth between the monsters they up each other constantly. Ford releases a 302 Boss for the track Chevy answers back with the 1LE, Chevy releases the ZL1 with 6 more horsepower to match Ford's GT500 and Ford responds with a 662 HP monster in return. It is never ending. What you believe is better is your own choice and everybody carries out that argument whatever way they see fit.

375RWHP/399RWTQ