Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

USA - Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 5,259
Custom plates in MD

I'm about to move to MD in aug. Do they allow custom license plates there? I was looking at their website but couldn't really find it.
__________________
Denis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
fastlane2010
 
fastlane2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro with fast lane stage 2
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: hagerstown
Posts: 588
Yeah they do its under vanity plates or personalized plates
__________________
12.4 in 1/4 at 117mph first time
custom 2tone paint fastlane stage 2 hydroformed carbon fiber cowl and cluster kooks headers and 3" xpipe with pypes axle back

fastlane2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #3
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997
 
PIPE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,043
Its hard to find on the MVA website and a pain to navigate through.
__________________
PIPE
PIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
itsjustdave
David A.
 
itsjustdave's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 125
Easy guys, if you have ?s about MVA let me know. And I'll tell how what you need as I work there. Md does allow custom tags to an extent, there's an application that you need to get, complete, send in to HQ(glen burnie) and wait for their approval. Sometimes they turn down the stupidest of things if it has any kind of suggestive connotation so there are 3-5 different spaces on the form to try your custom. The website isn't too hard to navigate, BUT NEVER CALL THE 800 # AS THE AGENTS THERE SUCK!!!
__________________
It's Just Dave
itsjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
SeriouslySinning
 
SeriouslySinning's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustdave View Post
Easy guys, if you have ?s about MVA let me know. And I'll tell how what you need as I work there. Md does allow custom tags to an extent, there's an application that you need to get, complete, send in to HQ(glen burnie) and wait for their approval. Sometimes they turn down the stupidest of things if it has any kind of suggestive connotation so there are 3-5 different spaces on the form to try your custom. The website isn't too hard to navigate, BUT NEVER CALL THE 800 # AS THE AGENTS THERE SUCK!!!
The website says my application/plates has been processed. How long should it take from them to receive them?
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 5,259
I found a form but it's for amateur radio operators registration plates lol
__________________
Denis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
SeriouslySinning
 
SeriouslySinning's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 722
https://securetransactions.mva.maryl...MustHave2.aspx
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
itsjustdave
David A.
 
itsjustdave's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 125
If its been processed and approved looks for them in the mail w/in the next 2 weeks.
__________________
It's Just Dave
itsjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:09 AM   #9
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997
 
PIPE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,043
O and just a lil FYI. Once youre personalized plates are approved and delivered, I'd call the MSP and have them run a check on that plate to make sure the plate name/number was never reported stolen. Dont ask me why Im telling you this but lets just say I wish I'd have done that so I wouldnt had seen the 5 cops and a helicoptor.
__________________
PIPE
PIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #10
SeriouslySinning
 
SeriouslySinning's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 722
Lol thank you.
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #11
SeriouslySinning
 
SeriouslySinning's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustdave View Post
If its been processed and approved looks for them in the mail w/in the next 2 weeks.
Online it just says processed. Will it say approved online as well?
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #12
itsjustdave
David A.
 
itsjustdave's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 125
Processed only, your good to go. Enjoy.
__________________
It's Just Dave
itsjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #13
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
O and just a lil FYI. Once youre personalized plates are approved and delivered, I'd call the MSP and have them run a check on that plate to make sure the plate name/number was never reported stolen. Dont ask me why Im telling you this but lets just say I wish I'd have done that so I wouldnt had seen the 5 cops and a helicoptor.
I wanna know.....
__________________
Denis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #14
IrocJack


 
IrocJack's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,611
Is there a phone # or some place on the website to see if a plate has been taken yet?
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #15
itsjustdave
David A.
 
itsjustdave's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 125
If a plate has been taken already, MVA won't issue another one to somebody else, that's why the custom plate form has several option lines, so if option 1 is taken, they move onto the next one.....no website or phone number toy knowledge, just trial and error. You should know that MD ISN'T that advanced.
__________________
It's Just Dave
itsjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #16
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997
 
PIPE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
I wanna know.....

I decided to get on it a lil from the light. Was safe noone around and it was just a short distance to the next light to turn to my house. Well outta nowhere I seen lights. Next thing I know I see numerous sets everywhere. Then a spot light from above. Long story short apparently the cop seen me way before and ran my plate for shits and giggles. It came back stolen. I guess when he recieved word he called in backup. Ironically I took off from the light like a bat outta hell and they chased me to the next light. It was all just perfect timing I guess. So after I pulled over and was surrounded with guns drawn they determined I wasnt a threat. Here come to find out the original owner of my tag never turned them back in to the MVA and just reported them stolen so he wouldnt have to pay a fine. However the MVA issued them to me New when I got my car. Was a big Cluster fuzz.
__________________
PIPE
PIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #17
itsjustdave
David A.
 
itsjustdave's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
I decided to get on it a lil from the light. Was safe noone around and it was just a short distance to the next light to turn to my house. Well outta nowhere I seen lights. Next thing I know I see numerous sets everywhere. Then a spot light from above. Long story short apparently the cop seen me way before and ran my plate for shits and giggles. It came back stolen. I guess when he recieved word he called in backup. Ironically I took off from the light like a bat outta hell and they chased me to the next light. It was all just perfect timing I guess. So after I pulled over and was surrounded with guns drawn they determined I wasnt a threat. Here come to find out the original owner of my tag never turned them back in to the MVA and just reported them stolen so he wouldnt have to pay a fine. However the MVA issued them to me New when I got my car. Was a big Cluster fuzz.

Well you got some DUMB luck. The police SHOULD'VE been able to tell that the initial tags were voided out as stolen and that this new set was issued after the fact. At least that's they way it shows in the record when they look it up. Just a little bit more attention to detail from the local finest. Hehe

On the marylandmva.com website there should be a link around the personalized tags to show what's avail and what isn't.

***note- a person has 1 year to get their tags reissued to themselves if they turn them in, THE SYSTEM WILL SHOW THIS****
__________________
It's Just Dave
itsjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #18
SeriouslySinning
 
SeriouslySinning's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 722
Link to personalized plates is in the above thread.
__________________

Seriously Sinning - "Veronica"
Commandment 11 - Thou shall not travel slowly.
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #19
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997
 
PIPE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustdave View Post
Well you got some DUMB luck. The police SHOULD'VE been able to tell that the initial tags were voided out as stolen and that this new set was issued after the fact. At least that's they way it shows in the record when they look it up. Just a little bit more attention to detail from the local finest. Hehe

On the marylandmva.com website there should be a link around the personalized tags to show what's avail and what isn't.

***note- a person has 1 year to get their tags reissued to themselves if they turn them in, THE SYSTEM WILL SHOW THIS****

Thats the thing. They were still showing as stolen from PG county in 2009. My tags were purchased in May 2011. Was the state police that pulled me over and they said I had to call the PG county police to have them remove it out of the system. All of Md is a bunch of dumbasses.
__________________
PIPE
PIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #20
SeriouslySinning
 
SeriouslySinning's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 722


Got them on Saturday!!!
__________________

Seriously Sinning - "Veronica"
Commandment 11 - Thou shall not travel slowly.
SeriouslySinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #21
itsjustdave
David A.
 
itsjustdave's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Thats the thing. They were still showing as stolen from PG county in 2009. My tags were purchased in May 2011. Was the state police that pulled me over and they said I had to call the PG county police to have them remove it out of the system. All of Md is a bunch of dumbasses.
I AGREE 110% ❗❗❗❗
__________________
It's Just Dave
itsjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #22
itsjustdave
David A.
 
itsjustdave's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS AGM/ '13 2SS/RS Vert SW
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hagerstown MD
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySinning View Post


Got them on Saturday!!!

Looks good. Glad ya got em.
__________________
It's Just Dave
itsjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #23
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
I decided to get on it a lil from the light. Was safe noone around and it was just a short distance to the next light to turn to my house. Well outta nowhere I seen lights. Next thing I know I see numerous sets everywhere. Then a spot light from above. Long story short apparently the cop seen me way before and ran my plate for shits and giggles. It came back stolen. I guess when he recieved word he called in backup. Ironically I took off from the light like a bat outta hell and they chased me to the next light. It was all just perfect timing I guess. So after I pulled over and was surrounded with guns drawn they determined I wasnt a threat. Here come to find out the original owner of my tag never turned them back in to the MVA and just reported them stolen so he wouldnt have to pay a fine. However the MVA issued them to me New when I got my car. Was a big Cluster fuzz.
Damn. What luck huh?
__________________
Denis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #24
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997
 
PIPE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Damn. What luck huh?

Yea it sucked. Was looking at 1400 + in fines. Got a lawyer and the fine was dropped to 238 with court costs.
__________________
PIPE
PIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #25
Grimlock
dey see me rollin
 
Grimlock's Avatar
 
Drives: the magic school bus
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vault 101
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustdave View Post
Well you got some DUMB luck. The police SHOULD'VE been able to tell that the initial tags were voided out as stolen and that this new set was issued after the fact. At least that's they way it shows in the record when they look it up. Just a little bit more attention to detail from the local finest. Hehe

On the marylandmva.com website there should be a link around the personalized tags to show what's avail and what isn't.

***note- a person has 1 year to get their tags reissued to themselves if they turn them in, THE SYSTEM WILL SHOW THIS****
A NCIC check won't be able to determine if the tags are the original set or the reissued. It's entered into the system with the same characters so a hit is a hit. Of course proper registration will take care of that, but you may have to deal with a felony stop...
__________________
Have you ever been tickled on the inside? - Elmo
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.