Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
Valvoline 300k mile Engine Guarantee

http://www.engineguarantee.com/

In what it’s calling a “game-changing” move, Valvoline has started a campaign in which it will guarantee your engine will keep running for up to 300,000 miles.

The catch? Use only Valvoline, of course, and change your engine’s oil and filter every 3,000-4,000 miles.
The guarantee only works on cars that already have less than 75,000 miles on the odometer, and must be a 1990 model or newer.

Three levels of coverage: Use Valvoline Premium Conventional Motor Oil and the company will back your engine to 150,000 miles; use MaxLife or DuraBlend for up to 225,000 miles; and Synthetic for the elusive 300,000.

If your engine goes kaput within the coverage limits, Valvoline says it will directly pay your service provider for all labor and parts to fix the problem. If the repair exceeds the car’s value, the company will pay you “an amount equal to the vehicle’s value as set forth by Kelley Blue Book or similar source,” the company says.

There is a slew of fine print, of course. Among the other caveats is that the guarantee is not transferable if you sell the car, and Valvoline’s maximum coverage tops out at $5,000 total.

It’s an interesting promotion, overall. Would you bite?
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 AM   #2
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
nah...cause I'm a Mobile 1 guy. Interesting promotion though.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
JJ#48Racing
Fear the Hawg!

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Nope, I'm out. Here's why:

Vehicle can not:

- Be used for competitive purposes.
- Have an engine that has been modified by owner with non-factory original parts.

I guess I could use it for the daily drivers, but I've always been a Mobil 1 fan anyway. This seems like one of those guarantee's that would be very hard to actually get them to pay.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
Nope, I'm out. Here's why:

Vehicle can not:

- Be used for competitive purposes.
- Have an engine that has been modified by owner with non-factory original parts.

I guess I could use it for the daily drivers, but I've always been a Mobil 1 fan anyway. This seems like one of those guarantee's that would be very hard to actually get them to pay.
Yes....I would never take them up on this in a million years. Where-ever fine print and lawyers are involved...I"M OUT too....!

You could almost say this is a desperate measure Valvoline is taking just to attract attention and keep their heads above water!
I just found it interesting the lengths business go....to get more business.
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
JJ#48Racing
Fear the Hawg!

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
This could only work for someone who keeps their engine stock, keeps the car for a long time, and is meticulous about timely maintenance and record keeping. That's a very small percentage of people. But hey it'll probably get some people to start using their oil with the intent of doing all those things.

Interestingly, Valvoline requires you to change the oil every 3-4k even if you're using full sythetic, which is much sooner than most manufacturers recommend. I stick to 3k in my camaro, but go 5k on my other two cars (Mobil 1 sythetic and filters in all of them), which is still conservative for full sythetic. Now add up the cost of all those extra oil changes over 300,000 miles.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
FxsX24

Drives: S10 283 V8,Jimmy 4wd 4dr bk/bk
you have a certain amount of miles you can change within (not exactly 3k) i want to get the exact details on it, i work at advance and can get the oil a little cheaper that some.

i want to find if intake and exh mods are considered to void the guarnatee

what about a motor that has been rebuilt ( bore and everything) does that consder it 0 miles (even though its a old motor) should try it for the 283 in my s10

or if the motor in my jimmy(not the orig motor) has less miles that the odometer has on it
FxsX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
Not enough to make me switch from Royal Purple.

Plus, I'm not even sure how they would back something like that.
- X