Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Detroit Speed
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Titanfall

A place to discuss all things Titanfall!
Attached Images

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #2
ShnOmac

One of my favorite matches was when I started with a burn card for a stryder...... I can not explain to you how much rage was aimed toward me by the end of that match. That thing is great for taking pop shots at Titans and stepping on pilots. Spent the whole match running around and never died once!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Huh my whole time playing the Titan fall beta I never saw one Stryder. But I really hope my local best buy does a midnight release, want to pick it up at midnight get home and let it install through the night
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #4
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Huh my whole time playing the Titan fall beta I never saw one Stryder. But I really hope my local best buy does a midnight release, want to pick it up at midnight get home and let it install through the night
Hopefully it installs faster for you than theif.... That's just crazy!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #5
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Hopefully it installs faster for you than theif.... That's just crazy!

Yea tell me about, I honestly got frustrated with the console yesterday. Other than the install issues and the netflix issues the one has been great hoping those two issues get resolved with some further updates.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post

Yea tell me about, I honestly got frustrated with the console yesterday. Other than the install issues and the netflix issues the one has been great hoping those two issues get resolved with some further updates.
Hopefully Titan fall doesn't require a day one update..... That will help you out A LOT!

On a side note I am having a issue with my Xbox as well....... Randomly the screen will go black and I lose all video. Audio remains but no picture. The only fix I have found is to shut the box down and actually unplug the power for about 10 seconds or so. Strange issue!

Last edited by ShnOmac; 02-26-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:54 PM   #7
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
The issue popped up with the update last week. Microsoft knows about it.

Does anyone know any good Titanfall preorder deals? I always go through Amazon but not sure if anyone else has a better one.

My Cars: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE, 2000 Ford Ranger XLT (State-issued)
Extended Family: 2013 GMC Terrain SLE, 1998 GMC Sonoma SLS Extended Cab

FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:08 AM   #8
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Does anyone know any good Titanfall preorder deals? I always go through Amazon but not sure if anyone else has a better one.
I haven't seen anything that stands out.....
Old 02-27-2014, 06:09 AM   #9
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Hopefully Titan fall doesn't require a day one update..... That will help you out A LOT!

On a side note I am having a issue with my Xbox as well....... Randomly the screen will go black and I lose all video. Audio remains but no picture. The only fix I have found is to shut the box down and actually unplug the power for about 10 seconds or so. Strange issue!
Known issue with the February update. Most correct it by just holding down the power button on the console though.

Quote:

I preordered through best buy and they will give 10 bucks in reward certificates. Believe Microsoft was giving out 10 dollar gift cards too.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #10
ShnOmac

Anybody get to try the Ogre class titan in the beta? How was it compared to the Atlas class?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:25 PM   #11
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
Quote:

30% bump on trade ins at gamestop, if it goes toward titanfall

Next Mod:SOLO HFC, Lowering springs
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #12
ShnOmac

New info....

"PILOT HUNTER Kill the enemy team’s Pilots to reach the score limit and win—one point is awarded for each Pilot killed. Although killing Grunts and Spectres in this mode will not earn points towards your team’s score, doing so will still give you build time reductions on your replacement Titans and Titan Core Ability.

TURRETS See here Heavy turrets are designed for killing everything—including Titans. When used out in the field, they are often braced into position in urban environments atop buildings, and have a considerable range of motion and excellent target tracking systems. Multiple Titans are usually required to disable a single heavy turret by focusing their fire on it. They operate autonomously and, in most cases, can be “flipped” (to fight for the other team) when a nearby console is compromised, often with a Data Knife.

GENERATIONS Thanks to RazorUK we basically know a ton about Generations already, I'll spare the details. But I was given this screenshot of what "Regenerating" actually looks like.

ZIPLINES See here Ziplines travel both ways, up and down. They're especially helpful in CTF matches and escaping areas quickly. You can attach to it from either end or even while in midair (assuming you're close enough.) You hold the reload button to latch on and ride."

See all maps here.....

http://www.ibtimes.com/titanfall-rel...photos-1559010
Old 03-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #13
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Hmm interesting. Can't wait for next Tuesday just have to finish Thief first.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #14
ShnOmac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvIziJ1oCY0
Old 03-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #15
BooSSted

Drives: 2011 VR 2SS
Can't wait for this to drop... Im bored as all hell with my X1.
BooSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #16
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
Can't wait for this to drop... Im bored as all hell with my X1.

One more week. Been waiting for this game since I got my system.

I never have free time to play my X1 and the last week I had a couple days where I was able to play. Of course it will change once Titanfall is released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Mod:SOLO HFC, Lowering springs
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #17
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainEnvelopes View Post
One more week. Been waiting for this game since I got my system.

I never have free time to play my X1 and the last week I had a couple days where I was able to play. Of course it will change once Titanfall is released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought my XB1 specifically for this game
Old 03-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #18
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Here you guys go to feed your addiction! Titanfall Information Overload.

Official Launch Trailer *New*

New Trailer

Images

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...blow-your-mind

We've managed to get The Art of Titanfall book ahead of its release on February 25 and, in doing so, uncovered a range of new details on the weapons, maps, story and even the monsters of Titanfall.

That's not a typo. Here... there be monsters.

Before we get to that, let's start with the details we'd already had a whiff of. Those maps that were data-mined from the beta are apparently legit, as there are entries for Colony, Boneyard, Corporate, Overlook, Nexus, Airbase, Outpost 207 and Lagoon in the book. Additionally, there's also an entry that seems to be more lore-focused for a planet called Demeter, the "red giant". It's described as an IMC stronghold that serves as a refuelling point for long-distance jumps, which makes sense seeing as it's named after the Greek goddess of agriculture.

In terms of the other maps, there's new info. Lagoon was once a tranquil place, until an IMC megacarrier crashed into the middle of it. The result is an arena that's going to be tight and confined. Overlook is of a similar size, but its a prison complex, designed to hold Militia prisoners of war. Corporate is the Hammond Corporation's headquarters, and looks both sleek and modern, while Colony features a crashed carrier and has long been out of the IMC's reach

The accompanying text for Outpost 207, meanwhile, gives us one of our first proper insights into how Titanfall's narrative will be woven into the multiplayer gameplay. "Militia leader MacAllan is especially keen to make an assault when IMC’s capital ship IMS Sential pulls in for repair, although no Outpost-protected facility has ever been breached before," it reads, "An audacious plan to use a derelict ship as bait is hatched, but IMC forces are unlikely to be fooled quite so easily." It seems, then, that in the case of Outpost 207, this is the backdrop your firefights will take place against.

Then we have Nexus and Airbase. There's a lot of art for Nexus, which is set on a planet called Harmony, that has quite a strong mechanical edge to it. Apparently the map was originally planned to feature a huge space elevator that ferried cargo out of the atmosphere, but this was abandoned in favour of a more terrestrial battleground. Airbase, meanwhile, is a distant moon of Demeter. It's got 'dog whistle defences' - giant sonic emitters to keep local wildlife away. Interestingly, it was designed as a gameplay experiment, in a bid to see how giving Titans a tactically superior higher "hill" to hold works.

Finally there's Boneyard. It's set on Planet Leviathan in the Badlands system. The planet is named after the local fauna, huge monsters that drove the IMC off-planet and forced them to abandon it. Their skeletal remains provide the backbone for the world and it looks spectacular. There's art showing the IMC battling local flying creatures, while Leviathans disappear into the clouds in the background, looking reminiscent of the gargantuan creatures glimpsed at the end of Frank Darabont's movie adaptation of The Mist.

So, what does this mean? Was the original reason the Titans were developed because of the hostile local wildlife encountered on these foreign worlds? It's an exciting thought, one made even more so by the accompanying news that some of the creatures "will walk or fly around levels harmlessly until people interfere. Others will attack when you just stare at them." Looks like you'll have more than just the Militia and IMC to worry about then. Will you be able to set up traps featuring the wildlife and unsuspecting foes?

Looking at the section focused on vehicles, a range of hitherto unseen tech is listed, including Drones and Gorilla Tanks. Could these be high level burn cards reserved for those that wrack up killstreaks?

A number of weapons are also revealed. The Arc Cannon looks set to fire bolts of lightning that can hit multiple targets, and is designed to be used as a short-range, high-damage option. The Rail Gun, meanwhile, shoots pure plasma and boasts high damage, range and accuracy. Finally, the Avenger looks like it could be the Chaingun masquerading under another name, but we can't be sure.

All known screens of Maps

AirBase

Angel City

Boneyard

Corporate

Colony

Demeter

Fracture

Lagoon

Nexus

Outpost 207

Overlook

Relic

Rise

Smugglers Cove

Training Ground

Last edited by FaytalsCamaro; 03-04-2014 at 01:13 PM.
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #19
ShnOmac

New launch trailer....

Old 03-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #20
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
lol beat you!
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #21
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2013 Audi Q5 Prestige 3.0T MBM
I'll be playing, however I'm not sure I can play with those using XBox or not...I'll be getting it for my PC...
Old 03-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #22
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
lol beat you!
lol.... did you edit your post? I swear I didn't see that earlier....

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #23
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

That trailer really makes this game look amazing.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #24
ShnOmac

For the first time ever I am clearing my schedule for a game release.... Nothing but Titanfall for a couple of days.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #25
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
For the first time ever I am clearing my schedule for a game release.... Nothing but Titanfall for a couple of days.
I wish I could do that. Of course when I can actually go to a midnight release my local best buy will not be doing on. At least they haven't officially confirmed that it will happen.