Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 06-16-2015, 01:01 AM   #1
CreativeDawn

Drives: 2010 1LT
Star Wars Battlefront: PS4 Multiplayer Gameplay

LOOKS FRIGGEN AMAZING!!!!!!!!
CreativeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:45 AM   #2
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel

Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon. Cant wait.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #3
CreativeDawn

Drives: 2010 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon. Cant wait.
Oh ....me neither! It'll be fantastic and this is just the first video! I really wish they would come out with a game like this for the Star Trek scene too. I love both Star Wars and Star Trek.
CreativeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
The sound effects are spot on.

BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan coil overs, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Dynamat, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
Lgndryhr
Camaro Die-Hard

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IOM
Cannot wait for this game! After finally seeing gameplay I am sold.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Live in or around Memphis? Check us out on here and Facebook
Lgndryhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:36 PM   #6
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Yea gameplay looks amazing damn so much money to be forking over for games this fall and not enough time to play them all lol.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #7
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
EA..... They've been awfully disappointing lately

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #8
Lgndryhr
Camaro Die-Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
EA..... They've been awfully disappointing lately
That's my fear. I'll wait on reviews.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #9
Dizzy82

I wonder how the "hero" characters will factor into gameplay. I hope they aren't OP, but wouldn't that be the point of having them?

BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan coil overs, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Dynamat, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Old 10-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #10
Dizzy82

Been playing the PC beta. It's fun as heck.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:30 PM   #11
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Let us silently thank John Williams for quite possibly the best musical score ever recorded.

Undoubtedly, and without exaggeration, he is one of the best composers of all time, on par with Strauss, etc.

What would Star Wars have been without his powerful, evocative, and moving score? He is a titan of music.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #12
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I played the beta for a few days on PS4 and on PC. The graphics were great (a little screen tearing on PC with some framerate dops, and some soundtrack "skips" but it's beta).

I didn't play co-op, but I played the two multiplayer ones. The one with the escape pods was a lot of fun (can't remember the game mode name). It was competitive and the objective was very clear. I felt the controls were a little "sloshy", which is typically how I feel about most, if not all FPS that Dice has their hands in (Medal of Honor, Battlefield, BlackOps).

The Walker Assault map, where I tried to spend most of my time, has some severe balancing issues that makes playing the Rebellion feel like playing with both hands tied behind your back. The objectives are slightly confusing, your main form of fighting back against the AT-ST's are laser turrets scattered around the map. It's very easy to spot someone in a turret, and even easier to blow the turret up. There are the A and X wings as well, but the flight controls really bothered me. Additionally, if there was a TIE fighter up there when you get your air vehicle powerup, you pretty much get blown out of the sky before you get situated.

Playing the Imperials felt like bowling against a professional, but with a 299 pin handicap. Every time I was on the Imperial team we won by a landslide. The walkers were easy to use, and you spend a lot of time picking off people in turrets trying to take down your vehicles. The plus side is, if you stay in the same game without leaving, you will alternate between Rebel and Imperial each time the game ends and a new one starts.

For other thoughts... the power-ups are kind of cool. They have pre-placed spawn points around the map, although the same power ups do not seem to always spawn in the same place. On Hoth, you sometimes get vehicles, but also get proximity mines, a large grenade, placed automatic turrets, placed manual turrets, shield generators, and some other goodies. The hero ability is also obtained through a power up like that. So it seems like the chances of the one operating the hero ability are random (you have to luck out and come across it). They add some variety and excitement into the power-up system, unlike killstreaks in the other games which are rewarded for how you play (or more appropriately, how much of your life you spend playing).

The weapon loadout is "meh". There are some slight advantages to some blasters over others, but other than that they felt fairly similar. The star cards are kind of a cool feature. You get to equip a couple items (grenades, jump packs, one-round sniper rifle, etc). But instead of a limited amount of ammo, they are managed with a cooldown timer. There wasn't a star card that I felt that you HAD to have, except for the jump pack. The mobility advantages of using it made it almost mandatory.

I'm interested in seeing some other game modes, but I'm not sure that the beta pulled me in as much as it needed to for me to risk another EA/Dice production.

What did others think about beta?

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #13
Dizzy82

The next three hero characters are: Lela, Han, and Palpatine.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:56 AM   #14
Lgndryhr
Camaro Die-Hard

I want to pre-order this, but at same time the beta has me fearful.

How to hug your camaro