Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
the barber

Drives: 13' Sw 2ss Ls3
CAI and NPP

I have been searching and can't seem to decide currently leaning towards the CAI intake but would like to know if any one is running this intake with the npp exhaust and how you like it if there's a difference in exhaust tone or not or what you are running with this exhaust
the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
13FastBlkSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I have both and installed my CAI last week, and I noticed a deeper tone with my exhaust! And if you havent already remove the fuse that controls the butterfly valves in the exhaust.. it will make your exhaust 10x better

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, ZL1 Style Front Splitter, Barton Short Throw
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #3
the barber

Fuse pull also?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
13FastBlkSS

Theres a fuse block inside the trunk passenger side (behind carpet) look for the one that says "exhaust flap" and pull..

EDIT:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...33&postcount=4

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, ZL1 Style Front Splitter, Barton Short Throw
Build#24869
Old 02-26-2013, 01:50 AM   #5
the barber

Meant to ask if u have the fuse pulled also..
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #6
the barber

I think I didn't the fuse pull second day after purchasing the car lol sounds a lot better
Old 02-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
yup I have a CAI inc cai and the fuse pulled for sure changed the tone and added much power across the mid range especially.
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by the barber View Post
I have been searching and can't seem to decide currently leaning towards the CAI intake but would like to know if any one is running this intake with the npp exhaust and how you like it if there's a difference in exhaust tone or not or what you are running with this exhaust
Sounds like a good choice to me

Let us know if you have any questions, we would be happy to help! Thanks for considering our CAI, I am confident that if you do choose it you will be very happy!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
the barber

Thanks for your guys opinions and suggestions I think I am gonna order this up first thing Monday morning!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
camguynj

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP Blue Ray Metallc
Quote:
Fuse pull also?
See this thread (both pages) DIY/How-to: How/What fuse to pull for NPP (Dual mode exhaust) ( 1 2) by FINALLYSATISFIED It has good pics & tips Good luck but you won't need luck if you read the thread. 15 mins & done then listen to the roar.
20" Nitto Redlines, Rocket Muscle Boosters w/knockoff spinners,
Underbody LEDs, LED Footwells, LED Dome, RapidFire LED Tailights , Halo & DRL Harness w/LEDs,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Underhood SS Bowtie, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals

camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
JDP Tyler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Just about any intake system will give you the sound you are looking for. The CAI system is a very nice system and is preferred by most of the C5 community. We also have a gift car promo on that system. Feel free to call, PM or email me any time with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #12
Jeff_SS
Cam only

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS M6
My CAI intake that I ordered from Apex Chase will be here tomorrow afternoon according to UPS. I'll post back with results after it's installed to give you my opinion on the difference I notice right away.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #13
the barber

Thanks please let me know Jeff_SS!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
My CAI intake that I ordered from Apex Chase will be here tomorrow afternoon according to UPS. I'll post back with results after it's installed to give you my opinion on the difference I notice right away.
Awesome!! Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc. and be sure to post some pics and "like" us on Facebook!!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13FastBlkSS View Post
I have both and installed my CAI last week, and I noticed a deeper tone with my exhaust! And if you havent already remove the fuse that controls the butterfly valves in the exhaust.. it will make your exhaust 10x better
on this entire statement!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #16
Jeff_SS
Cam only

Quote:
Thanks please let me know Jeff_SS!
Alright so I have a 6.2 M6 with the NPP dual mode exhaust with the fuse pulled.
I just finished installing my CAI intake. It fit VERY snugly, in fact it took a lil squeezing but now I know it's solid and in place.
For sound, it was noticeably deeper as I started her up. And even at idle it has a slightly deeper hum to it.
When I really step on it is when I really notice it's sound difference. MUCH deeper tone under heavy acceleration. Sounds amazing.
I'm going on a long distance drive tomorrow so I'll see if I notice any better mileage with it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Awesome!! Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc. and be sure to post some pics and "like" us on Facebook!!
I'll post up some pics soon for sure.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
Eluve38
SoCal HT5

Drives: VR 2lt V6
Just installed mine the other day. Should I do the fuse pull on this little ole V6?
Eluve38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
camguynj

Quote:
I just finished installing my CAI intake. It fit VERY snugly, in fact it took a lil squeezing but now I know it's solid and in place.
For sound, it was noticeably deeper as I started her up. And even at idle it has a slightly deeper hum to it.
When I really step on it is when I really notice it's sound difference. MUCH deeper tone under heavy acceleration. Sounds amazing.
I'm going on a long distance drive tomorrow so I'll see if I notice any better mileage with it as well.

You said it had a VERY tight fit ...did you have to struggle with it to get it in ?
Underbody LEDs, LED Footwells, LED Dome, RapidFire LED Tailights , Halo & DRL Harness w/LEDs,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Underhood SS Bowtie, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals

Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #19
Jeff_SS
Cam only

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
You said it had a VERY tight fit ...did you have to struggle with it to get it in ?
No not really struggle. Like once I found the right angle I was able to shove it right into place. Since mine is a 2013 I have a cable that goes across in one of the corners of the shield. There is a little notch out of the shield that allows the cable to go through; once that cable was in the right place I was able to snap the whole thing into place easily.
Fits REALLY snug, but that's a good thing.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #20
camguynj

Quote:
No not really struggle. Like once I found the right angle I was able to shove it right into place. Since mine is a 2013 I have a cable that goes across in one of the corners of the shield. There is a little notch out of the shield that allows the cable to go through; once that cable was in the right place I was able to snap the whole thing into place easily.
Thanks for detail reply. I've got a '13 too and my CAI is on the way. Any other tips?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
13FastBlkSS

Yes, be careful heating the heat shrink tubing provided.. I accidentally burned a hole in mine :( but I had some extra hose clamps lying around..

Build#24869
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #22
Jeff_SS
Cam only

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Thanks for detail reply. I've got a '13 too and my CAI is on the way. Any other tips?
Not really, that's pretty much it.
You can watch this while you install it like I did.
Skip to 5:15
Old 02-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #23
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
CAI and NPP Luv mine.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #24
camguynj

Quote:
Is the cable you mention the one on the right fender mounting stud that's attached with a zip tie thing? If it is how did you get the cable off the zip tie and what did you do with the zip tie when you mounted the air box onto the stud? Thanks!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #25
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:

Glad to hear you are enjoying the results! They are made to fit nice and snug for a OEM like fit and finish, along with being sealed off from the heat of the engine bay. Since every car is a little different and all the CAI's are obviously manufactured the same, some fit tighter than others, but thats a good thing.