Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
spyder
 
Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: new york
Posts: 288
Raptor supercharger

I wonder if the following will fit the 3.6 LLT engine! I doubt it but I figured let me check anyway.
http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=37
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
Lil' Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,066
interesting find, but i doubt our LLT's can handle 10 lbs of boost (more like 6) much less 20
__________________
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norcross, GA
Posts: 3,417
it makes about 370rwhp at 10-20psi if I am converting it right. That superchager looks smaller than the RX and IPF units. So it's possible to get 10-20psi of boost out of this to equal their units power.
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
kuzman89
 
kuzman89's Avatar
 
Drives: Ly7
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: bezza
Posts: 201
Won't fit. The alloytec/ly7 doesn't have fueling issues like the LLT so bigger boost is easily on the cards. Generally safe to around 12psi-14psi. Anything over that and your risking it on stock internals. Raptor is also a belt driven turbo, which has it's pro's and con's compared to a Vortech (gear driven).
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
JLE58

 
Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ROCKMART, GA
Posts: 2,190
I'd like to see a supercharger that doesn't use a belt.....
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #6
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture
 
stand-al0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jamlando, FL
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLE58 View Post
I'd like to see a supercharger that doesn't use a belt.....
google the word "turbo"
__________________
EBC Brakes| DOT 4|Bigworm| SickSpeed| BMR | IPF | Vararam| MRT |MGW | Nitto | Rx |
Iggee |ZL-1 Sways| Hurst | Apex Racing|Past: Srt-4| 6.0L GTO- RIP | '98 Integra

stand-al0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
Sikoriko

 
Sikoriko's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
google the word "turbo"
Exhaust charged, back in the day....
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #8
simt3k

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzman89 View Post
Won't fit. The alloytec/ly7 doesn't have fueling issues like the LLT so bigger boost is easily on the cards. Generally safe to around 12psi-14psi. Anything over that and your risking it on stock internals. Raptor is also a belt driven turbo, which has it's pro's and con's compared to a Vortech (gear driven).
LFX doesn't have these issues, I wonder why vendors aren't pushing higher boost with the new motor?
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #9
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,081
kuzman is correct. The Ly7 is a traditional port injection so it was just adding larger capacity injectors.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
simt3k

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
kuzman is correct. The Ly7 is a traditional port injection so it was just adding larger capacity injectors.

What about on the LFX and adding new ZL1 fuel pump/injectors? Or wa it just the fuel pump you swapped on the orange beast?
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #11
JohnnyBfromPeoria

 
JohnnyBfromPeoria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
LFX doesn't have these issues, I wonder why vendors aren't pushing higher boost with the new motor?
The law of diminishing returns. IPF has tried upping boost but didn't get anything more out of it, at least without adding more components and complexity.

John B.
__________________
12 LS M6, IPF S/C, ASA GT-5 wheels, VMax PTB
1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR
1987 Dodge Raider Turbo Project
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
simt3k

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
The law of diminishing returns. IPF has tried upping boost but didn't get anything more out of it, at least without adding more components and complexity.

John B.
Bigger pulley? Meth injection? Better tune?

I doubt that, RX seems to have reached new levels of performance with their twin turbos. (Not bashing anyone just saying..)
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #13
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
Bigger pulley? Meth injection? Better tune?

I doubt that, RX seems to have reached new levels of performance with their twin turbos. (Not bashing anyone just saying..)
What kit are u talking about because the only twin rx car around is can't_c_me
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #14
JLE58

 
Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ROCKMART, GA
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
google the word "turbo"
I'm not talking about a turbo though.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #15
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
Bigger pulley? Meth injection? Better tune?

I doubt that, RX seems to have reached new levels of performance with their twin turbos. (Not bashing anyone just saying..)
Your comparing apples to oranges somewhat. The IPF kit is generating somewhere between 450 - 500 HP at peak which is not super far off what we've seen for the LLT TT builds, but less TQ than the turbos, especially at lower rpms. Past this, other changes were needed, and they also felt this was a safe number without risking too much stress on the stock internals. I know I'd rather have a safe 480 HP than risk my luck on 550+HP on stock internals.

Only RX TT kit I can think of is Can't_C_Me's. Gretchens LFX TT build is not an RX build if thats what you are referring to.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #16
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Norcross, GA
Posts: 3,417
Me and Battle have the only RX TT kit's as of now. Gretchen had a custom RX TT kit before going EFR's. Most need to realize that my car has every bolt on made for these cars along with the TT kit (except for the heads). I also have a 600HP suspension set up thanks to Chase at Apex for a well put together package. Barton short throw with stock clutch which is holding up very well so far. Full synthetic oils in the Tranny and Diff. And a few trial and errors tweaks along the way. So my setup is really (not to brag) out of many's price range. I also have a Meth kit that I haven't turned on in like almost a year. That will allow me more fuel/power (like an extra 30rwhp) than now as I have pushed the car to 11-12psi with the meth with everything running fine. Just want to clarify myself and Gretchen are well beyond stock with adjustments we've made behind the sense. I have a few updates coming once my new born has arrived that will shock most not in the know.
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Me and Battle have the only RX TT kit's as of now. Gretchen had a custom RX TT kit before going EFR's. Most need to realize that my car has every bolt on made for these cars along with the TT kit (except for the heads). I also have a 600HP suspension set up thanks to Chase at Apex for a well put together package. Barton short throw with stock clutch which is holding up very well so far. Full synthetic oils in the Tranny and Diff. And a few trial and errors tweaks along the way. So my setup is really (not to brag) out of many's price range. I also have a Meth kit that I haven't turned on in like almost a year. That will allow me more fuel/power (like an extra 30rwhp) than now as I have pushed the car to 11-12psi with the meth with everything running fine. Just want to clarify myself and Gretchen are well beyond stock with adjustments we've made behind the sense. I have a few updates coming once my new born has arrived that will shock most not in the know.
What, I'm not in the know!

Seriously, you can't compare our TT setups to anyone elses. We've done a lot more than just slap a kit on the car. If you aren't looking at trying to find out what the limits are, then you are probably going to see about the same peak HP as the SC kits, but TQ will be higher and come on earlier with the turbos.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
JohnnyBfromPeoria

 
JohnnyBfromPeoria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Seriously, you can't compare our TT setups to anyone elses. We've done a lot more than just slap a kit on the car.
Big, big difference. I just slapped a kit on my car. Took a Saturday and a Sunday. These two have been at it for a "bit" longer than that.

BUT, you also can't just overdrive the S/C and get much (if any) better numbers. The set-up as it is just doesn't work like that. That's where I was heading.

John B.
__________________
12 LS M6, IPF S/C, ASA GT-5 wheels, VMax PTB
1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR
1987 Dodge Raider Turbo Project
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #19
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,081
Gretchen has gone into the R&D side of these (with Aaron of course) way beyond many. Forged pistons, etc.

And now for a sneak peak into one of the latest mods for these turbo cars:




And all controlled and monitored as far as blade position, angle, rate of flow, etc.

This allows the boost to build even quicker and this car has a 50shot of nitrous that is on a boost referenced controller to come on at 1500 rpm and off at 3000 to further spool up instantly.
This is a 2010 LLT...I think the qucikest LLT in the world right now (FI)
Of course the same EFR turbos we are using as the top end option and that Gretchen has on his new LFX .
Will be releasing more info shortly as far as price, lead time, etc.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #20
spyder
 
Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: new york
Posts: 288
Up until now I have had people tell me that the C5 looks like an exotic space ship from the outside. Looking at those gauges I guess the same can be applied for the inside.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #21
simt3k

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Posts: 762
Sorry thought Grechen was an RX build, anyways with the tunability of the LFX we should be hitting higher levels of boost.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,081
The original Gretchen was....she is gone and Dereks new car is an LFX and I think they only reused the intercooler, BOV, wastegates and turbos for the most part. All was fabbed by Dereks team and they did awesome....and are not finished yet!!! (he needs more power).
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.