Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

View Poll Results: HVAC and radio controls - hit or miss?
Hit 18 42.86%
Miss 10 23.81%
Indifferent 14 33.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Pre-production HVAC and Radio Controls

So what are your impressions of the HVAC and radio controls as they stand now? Hit, miss, or indifferent. So assume that the execution will be more polished, but the general design is what we'll get on the production car.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #2
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
Well, as of this point, the only Miss vote out of the 8 votes is mine, so ill think ill explain myself. I only rate it a "miss" because while it does look good and might have some decent feature set and sound quality, its design completely precludes going aftermarket for a new stereo, and unless this stereo offers 3 sets of pre=outs, Ipod support, aux in jack, and usb support, aftermarket is somthing i would usually seriously consider.

If there is an aftermarket option, it would be a very custom very specific solution that would likely be very expensive to get the features i would like.

So thats why it gets a miss for me. Is this a dealbreaker?, not on anyones life!, (not getting a stout v8 that has 400 horses, or cant be modded up to 400 horses relativly easy would be my only real hesitation in getting the car ) but i digress, i do like the radio from an aesthetics point of view, and i like the flow, and most everything about it.

my $0.02
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:17 AM   #3
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
I also voted "miss" primarily because to me it simply isnt appealing enough and for reasons as stated by MTron.... the way it is setup has no after market potential imo..... i think i will be completely re-doing that section custom if i do get this car.... which should be fun anyways... so i dont know why im complaining, LOL.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:37 AM   #4
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
I voted "hit" because I think the pushbutton vent controls and the surrounding fan/temperature knobs look like they'll be very intuitive and easy to use. The way the buttons on the left are aligned, you don't have to really look at the buttons to know which one to push to get the upper vents, lower vents, and bi-level settings. A lot of cars that use the typical 3 knob set up put the vent settings in different, less-intuitive places.

As long as the stereo comes with MP3 CD capability, I can't see myself needing to put in a different unit, and the layout of the stereo controls looks very simple. The whole pod maintains the general look of the show car and looks distinctive.
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:14 AM   #5
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I'm indifferent until I actually sit in the car and use the controls. We still don't know if a jack will be located inside the console or glove compartment. I'd just like to see more.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Hit. I'm a simpleton when it comes to these sorts of things. I think it looks good, and even better illuminated. Also, I don't listen to the stereo unless the windows are up so I can here my big, burly V8 rumble

Now that I think about it, dual zone climate control would be great. It isn't even close to a deal breaker, but after having it on the wife's car, I have found I really like it. I'm fat and like it cold
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Indifferent.

We've only seen spy shots of what is possible. I'll admit that the interior already looks better than the 4th Gen's, but...until that new 5th Gen rolls off the line and we see what that finished interior looks like, there's room for imporovement....just look at all the pix of other car companies interiors that have been posted up here. There sure are some nice interiors...think it was the Mazda? WOW!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
nari_aizawa
Jen is not toast

Drives: 2007 Honda Civic
Hit

As long as the controls work as easily in the Camaro as they do in my Civic I'll be very happy. The only thing I'm "concerned" about is an iPod jack. If it comes with an input jack and easy controls I'm good to go.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^I've been hearing a lot about the ipod jack stuff, so I think we could very well be in luck. Let's hope!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTron View Post
unless this stereo offers 3 sets of pre=outs, Ipod support, aux in jack, and usb support, aftermarket is somthing i would usually seriously consider.
I voted indifferent as I haven't seen enough yet on the Radio controls, I'm fine with the HVAC. As MTron stated, I'm looking for a stereo that offers 3 sets of pre=outs, Ipod support, aux in jack, and usb support. I'm sure GM knows that cassette tapes are out, CDs are on the way out, Ipod support is the in.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Hit.

I really like the way it looks. It's unquestionably different. and that is going to appeal to a lot of people, I think. It looks very simple to use - and aftermarket is definitely NOT a high priority for me. But if it was, then I'd have some hesitation, like some here.

Awesome Job!
Old 02-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #12
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Hit for two reasons: It is definitely unique and distinctive (unlike another pony car whose name starts with a C...) yet it looks extremely simple and intuitive. Those are both really big priorities for me. Personally I don't care about aftermarket. The most I want is the factory upgraded sound system and the stock radio, but that's just my preference. I'm positive it will come with an input jack (everything does now) and will likely offer GM's ipod connector. USB would be cool, but I'm not sure if we'll see that. Based on what we see and can logically assume, I'm giving it a hit for now.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote