Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
SSICKO

 
SSICKO's Avatar
 
Drives: SSICKO
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 750
Radiator Replacement?

First of all, my radiator has a slight crack in it which causes it to leak a little bit.

I am looking to replace the radiator before I do my cam in the coming months.

Where are you guys getting replacement radiators and is it worth is to get an upgraded performance radiator like a Mishimoto?
__________________
Slowhawk Performance Built & Tuned
SSICKO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
caligrown562
 
Drives: 2012 1SS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 318
where's it cracked at?
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
JDP Sales

 
JDP Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevys at the limit
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 11,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK1201 View Post
First of all, my radiator has a slight crack in it which causes it to leak a little bit.

I am looking to replace the radiator before I do my cam in the coming months.

Where are you guys getting replacement radiators and is it worth is to get an upgraded performance radiator like a Mishimoto?
I recommend getting the CSF Radiator. THis is the radiator that we use on all of our shop Camaro's. My motto has always been "If you have to replace, UPGRADE!"




CSF designed these radiators to be a direct OEM replacement, requiring no modifications for installation. Utilizing the “B-Tube” technology and a radial tank design, these units are designed to perform up to 40% more efficient than OEM stock radiators. This radiator will keep even the most powerful and demanding engines cool even if pushed in extreme temperatures and conditions. Not only do these units look great, but they are designed to last.

If you have any questions, Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 801-545-4215
JDP Sales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
MrGs SS
 
MrGs SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
I recommend getting the CSF Radiator. THis is the radiator that we use on all of our shop Camaro's. My motto has always been "If you have to replace, UPGRADE!"




CSF designed these radiators to be a direct OEM replacement, requiring no modifications for installation. Utilizing the “B-Tube” technology and a radial tank design, these units are designed to perform up to 40% more efficient than OEM stock radiators. This radiator will keep even the most powerful and demanding engines cool even if pushed in extreme temperatures and conditions. Not only do these units look great, but they are designed to last.

If you have any questions, Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Just the shiny factor on this radiator should be good for 5-10 RWHP.. fine looking piece of hardware.
__________________
2013 2SS Black~ L99

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
JDP Sales

 
JDP Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevys at the limit
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 11,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGs SS View Post
Just the shiny factor on this radiator should be good for 5-10 RWHP.. fine looking piece of hardware.
Believe it or not, each one of these radiators are hand polished!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 801-545-4215
JDP Sales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 4,029
I like Flex-a-Lite and BeCool better and they're both made in the USA. Costs more but I think they're slightly better units. Not that the CSF is bad, but thats my opinion. The units with new fans are ridiculously priced but would support a ton of power.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
tys2010camaro
 
tys2010camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 352
Go with the CSF from JDP on here! Jordan sold me one last year and looks great! Easy install car never overheats and JDP are great to deal with. No brainer!
tys2010camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
JDP Sales

 
JDP Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevys at the limit
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 11,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys2010camaro View Post
Go with the CSF from JDP on here! Jordan sold me one last year and looks great! Easy install car never overheats and JDP are great to deal with. No brainer!
Thank you for your business and support! The CSF Radiator truly is unbeatable for the price! I highly recommend them.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
__________________

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | 801-545-4215
JDP Sales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
LSX Camaro
Master ASE, GM, LSX Tech.
 
LSX Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Irvine, CA.
Posts: 904
The Mishimoto radiator is made by CSF in Indonesia. The Flex-a-lite is US made and has twice the capacity of the CSF.
LSX Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
Pro Stock John
Writer
 
Pro Stock John's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS / 1951 Mercury
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,498
Just get another stock one. Don't waste your money.
__________________
PROJECT HEAVY CHEVY
Camaro Now: Mods for the Masses Part I | Part II
13.15@106 1.95 | 100% Stock
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #11
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 4,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Just get another stock one. Don't waste your money.
Meh. Never been a fan of dissimilar material radiators. They like to split especially when you get them real hot a lot. I'd go CSF before doing that.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
Pro Stock John
Writer
 
Pro Stock John's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS / 1951 Mercury
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,498
Meh we took 4th gen rads down to the low 8's. Don't waste your money.
__________________
PROJECT HEAVY CHEVY
Camaro Now: Mods for the Masses Part I | Part II
13.15@106 1.95 | 100% Stock
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
Jayrcr3

 
Jayrcr3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chatham, Illinois
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Meh we took 4th gen rads down to the low 8's. Don't waste your money.
Unless you're tracking your car in Arizona in high heat I agree with John.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
__________________
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #14
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2
 
litle88's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 Ws6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Burbank,IL
Posts: 6,337
Agreed!
"If you have to replace, UPGRADE!"
"Do it once and do it right, or end up paying twice"!
__________________
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.