Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #51
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
This is total BS. I bet the OP noticed the blurry HUD too before he bought it and they agreed to replace the HUD. Now that it turns out to not be the HUD they are balking.

Unacceptable.

If customer service does not work.

Find a lawyer, mention suing for false advertisement, and have your hud fixed.

This is at a dealership level now and you don't even have to involve GM.

This is as simple as, they advertised that the make, model, and equipment was certified GM correct and it is not.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #52
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Whoa that thing is out of focus.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #53
RS4DS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Just got off the phone with customer service, and they told me they will not help mw in my claim. Thay are siding with the dealership, but the dealership wants to make me happy so they will take off $200. Big Deal.

Dan
RS4DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #54
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS4DS View Post
Just got off the phone with customer service, and they told me they will not help mw in my claim. Thay are siding with the dealership, but the dealership wants to make me happy so they will take off $200. Big Deal.

it's pssible you can take the view that this is a safety problem, as it is in your line of sight, it can be considered a distraction being out of focus.

might need to talk to a lawyer.

heck you might even be able to push it as a lemon law, seeing as it is a problem that can't be fixed right?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #55
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
I see a cracked windshield in your future....

And when you have it replaced through safelite/insurance make sure you explain it has HUD so need the OEM Hud windshield otherwise they will replace it with the cheapest they have which is no doubt what happened to the previous owner
Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #56
RS4DS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Thanks for all the info. I am still fighting this with the customer service. Hopefully you will hear this big POP. That will be them pulling thier heads out of thier a..es and fix it.

Dan
RS4DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #57
trm2

Drives: '13 Volt & '84 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 SS SLP ZL427 View Post
Well since they wont cover it id be breaking the window myself and turning it into my insurance so they replace the windshield with the correct one and all id be out is my deductible, If the car came with HUD from the factory it should have the HUD windshield period the insurance cant argue that when they run the VIN number.
That is insurance fraud.

just saying.
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #58
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

wow seriously? people recommending the OP to commit Fraud and a Felony..

come on guys. get real.

besides if the window is $850 and the dealer is offering $200 off and his deductible is $500, why the hell would someone risk jail time and a fraud for $150..

seriously?

GM needs to step up with this.. IMO it is a safety issue, and I would be pursuing that avenue if this was me..

The dealer sold the car, I understand if they didn't know it was repalced by the previous owner, however they "certified" the vehicle thru GM, then this was missed and should be covered. If GM says no then the dealer General Manager needs to step in and correct the issue.

Have you spoken to the General Manager (not the service manager) or even the owner of the dealership?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #59
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
besides if the window is $850 and the dealer is offering $200 off and his deductible is $500, why the hell would someone risk jail time and a fraud for $150..

your maths is confusing. how did you get $150?
Old 03-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #60
dkp2LT

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 GT/CS, '10 Flex
Quote:
$850 total - $200 discount - $500 deductible = $150 savings.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #61
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Glass deductible is usually less or free in some states. Yes, publically suggesting fraud is a bad idea.
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #62
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
well i was going to say it sounds like the wrong windshield was put in.... ours got broke when they went to put the new one in it was the wrong wind shield every thing was all messed up ...two days later they got the right one and every thing looks right
Old 03-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #63
dkp2LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Glass deductible is usually less or free in some states. Yes, publically suggesting fraud is a bad idea.
Here it's a separate rider - and it wasn't cheap for me so I got rid of it. Therefore with my $1k deductible I have to eat the entire amount. But since I've only have glass replaced 1 time in my 34 years of driving then it's not worth paying extra for.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #64
strych9
Nice rear end!

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Well since they wont cover it id be breaking the window myself and turning it into my insurance so they replace the windshield with the correct one and all id be out is my deductible, If the car came with HUD from the factory it should have the HUD windshield period the insurance cant argue that when they run the VIN number.
Yeah...committing insurance fraud is the answer.

Unless there is an earlier warranty claim involving the windshield replacement (stress crack), GM will be of no help to you. And you really have no recourse with the dealer, as I'm sure your purchase agreement has "AS-IS" printed on it. It's a crappy situation all the way around. I feel for you, OP.

Best of luck to you.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #65
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
$850 total - $200 discount - $500 deductible = $150 savings.

kinda..

OP Paid = Dealer price of $850 - $200 discount = $650 out of pocket for OP

Insurance Paid = Dealer Price of $850 - $200 = $500 out of pocket for the OP and insurance pays $150.

so the OP saves $150 by committing fraud..
Old 03-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #66
2011 SS SLP ZL427

Drives: 2011 SS ZL427
At the end of the day GM wont fix this problem they will find a way to get out of paying for the correct glass for the car, if the cars owner perviously to you installed HUD by themselves then your out of luck, why not get the Chevy parts department to run your VIN number and find out actually if the vehical came with HUD from the factory then you will know the answer, the safety route wont work because the windshield is not broken therefore it cant do physical harm on the person driving it, the glass is intact and manufactured safe, just because its the wrong glass doenst make it unsafe, the HUD is a benefit/luxery they wont view it as a way to wreck the car.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #67
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
At the end of the day GM wont fix this problem they will find a way to get out of paying for the correct glass for the car, if the cars owner perviously to you installed HUD by themselves then your out of luck, why not get the Chevy parts department to run your VIN number and find out actually if the vehical came with HUD then you will know the answer.

the dealer has already replaced his HUD, the HUD isn't the issue. it is the windshield.

the previous owner apparently had the windshield replaced.

--

the issue at hand is this:

The OP purchased a GM certified used vehicle that has a NONE certified and incorrect windshield, as such the dealer either missed the fact the windshield is not the proper one for the HUD, or lied about the vehicle being certified.

either way, if this is in fact a GM certified used vehicle, the dealer needs to correct the issue, seeing as they sold the vehicle under the pretense that it the vehicle was inspected for proper OEM or OEM Authorized replacement parts.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #68
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
so when you drove the car during the test drive, I am assuming you did. You did not notice the blurriness of the HUD? That is one of the best features of the 2011. If it were me, I would like to see it in action and if it was blurry I would ask questions.
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #69
2011 SS SLP ZL427

I know the glass is the issue what im saying is GM wont view the glass as unsafe because its intact and not cracked, the HUD might be blurry but they wont see it has unsafe, as far as insurance is conerned we all pay a pretty penny for rates fraud to me would be wrecking a car and telling the insurance its something else, fraud to me isnt replacing the window in a car with the exact same window especially if you have glass insurance, thats why we have insurance and pay so much for it to protect ourselves and the screw ups of others this I view as someones screw up, he shouldnt have to live with this, Actually to be honest the Dealership he bought the car from committed fraud by telling him the car is all certified and factory correct so that to me is false advertisement.

Last edited by 2011 SS SLP ZL427; 03-20-2013 at 06:09 PM.
2011 SS SLP ZL427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #70
ENV US

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green RS, 1999 Camaro
So did you drive the car before you purchased it? If you look up what a GM certified car is there is no mention that it includes the glass. Warranty is for a manufacturing defect, an incorrect glass installed that is not genuine GM part is not a manufacturing defect so why would you expect GM to replace a non GM component under warranty? Why would a windshield necessitate replacement? Well Mr. Wizard, maybe it got a stone chip in it. Most states require replacement if the chip is in the drivers field of vision. Crack the windshield and file an insurance claim, definitely fraud, which again can carry heavy fines, jail time, etc. Should the dealer step up? Did they tell you at point of purchase they would fix it? If they did then hold them to it. If not, like I said, did you not drive the car before you purchased it?
ENV US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #71
2011 SS SLP ZL427

I dont know about you but if im paying over 30K for a car I would surely want to know if the glass has been replaced along with anything else major in the car, thats alot of money for some people and the dealership should have told them the glass was replaced since we all want to be honest here why weren't they honest, they chose to disclose that if they would have told him it was changed he could have checked it more closely and found that problem and either handled it that way BEFORE purchase or went elsewhere to another dealership, no he has to get stuck with the problem so one lie leads to another one.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #72
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
I dont know about you but if im paying over 30K for a car I would surely want to know if the glass has been replaced along with anything else major in the car, thats alot of money for some people and the dealership should have told them the glass was replaced since we all want to be honest here why weren't they honest, they chose to disclose that if they would have told him it was changed he could have checked it more closely and found that problem and either handled it that way BEFORE purchase or went elsewhere to another dealership, no he has to get stuck with the problem so one lie leads to another one.
The dealership probably wasn't even aware at the time that it had been changed.
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #73
dkp2LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
The dealership probably wasn't even aware at the time that it had been changed.
+1. And even when the OP test drove the car I can't blame him for thinking it was the HUD as the normal person has no clue there is special glass (I didn't until recently & I had a Corvette that had HUD).

Where I am confused is why the dealership replaced the HUD w/o blinking an eye but now won't help w/ fixing the actual problem. The cost to replace the HUD had to be way more than replacing the windshield.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #74
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
+1. And even when the OP test drove the car I can't blame him for thinking it was the HUD as the normal person has no clue there is special glass (I didn't until recently & I had a Corvette that had HUD).

Where I am confused is why the dealership replaced the HUD w/o blinking an eye but now won't help w/ fixing the actual problem. The cost to replace the HUD had to be way more than replacing the windshield.
Probably they charged the HUD to warranty and GM paid for that, they could still get charged back on the replacement...

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #75
strych9
Nice rear end!

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Probably they charged the HUD to warranty and GM paid for that, they could still get charged back on the replacement...
^^ This, exactly.