Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS AGM
i don't mind the yellow color when off, can barely see it. i wanted to change the color when turn signal is activated. i wanted to look for a light bulb with the same color or close to the door dash trim lights.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #27
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Haha yea that would be nice, didn't think that would be legal. VA isn't very nice with car mods
FY_Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #28
Jalberdi99

VA is not for lovers. VA is for car mods haters
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #29
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I want to have my DRl harness on with my drl bulbs at all times. I also want the bulbs to match as close as possible. Next I want my halos on with all these things. I have a 2010 2ss/rs. What are the exact part numbers I need to order from gen5diy?

I looked but was unsure when it said drl harness or custom halo harness.
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
In the time waiting, I contacted Ofer, and got it all ordered from him. Took some doing with a weird Pay Pal mess up, but he sure took good care of me. Thanks so much again from Kentucky.
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #31
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Good stuff, I believe you want a DRL and Halo harness. Maybe Ofer made you a custom one for both.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #32
68dreams

Drives: 2011 ss rs
I just finished doing mine about a week ago. Only took me about 20 minutes really easy install. Happy with the results
68dreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #33
VACamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FY_Ivan View Post
Haha yea that would be nice, didn't think that would be legal. VA isn't very nice with car mods
what did u find out about the VA harness? I ordered a harness but saw nothing special for VA when I was looking. It should arrive tomorrow and now you have me paranoid lol. VA definitely is unfriendly ... I was going to add light covers, if only for daytime driving ... no no no you cant do that!!!!!
VACamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #34
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamaro View Post
what did u find out about the VA harness? I ordered a harness but saw nothing special for VA when I was looking. It should arrive tomorrow and now you have me paranoid lol. VA definitely is unfriendly ... I was going to add light covers, if only for daytime driving ... no no no you cant do that!!!!!
Well i think it will fail state inspection if you don't get the VA legal DRL harness (turn off DRLs when high beams are on), at least that was my conclusion after searching online a bit. Maybe you will pass if you go to a 1 man inspection crew , i don't know how he could check that by himself, but I get free state inspections from the dealer for the life of the camaro so I know there will be more than one person that could check the car and fail me. I figured the peace of mind was worth the extra money, plus I got the halo harness built into it since it used much of the same wiring. $95 for two lighting mods, not so bad in my book.

Now to complain about the 50% tint levels per VA law....

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
Old 12-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #35
Jalberdi99

you need to get one of this
Attached Images

Tags
drls, harness, led, lights, p13w