Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

tandtperformance.com
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
GM Parts House- Great Prices-But!!!

I bought a Heritage Grille from GMPartsHouse.com on Saturday. I had PM'd Patrick about getting the part and he was fantastic. The prices can't be beat however I had the following conversation with the Owner that kind of annoyed me.

Order Number: 30569228
Good Morning, Thanks for the order. It will take me 2-3 business days to get this item here and 24-48 hours to ship. Thanks, Gene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I didn't realize it wasn't stocked. No problem. What are the chances of getting it by the weekend as I was planning on having help to install this and high flow cats?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Good Evening,
It is possible due to your geographical location, but I cannot make any promises unless you pay for that guaranteed service. We did mention in a couple of different places, including the confirmation email that if you were looking for an item by a certain date or time to please call instead of placing the order online.

Thank you,
Gene.
Owner Of GM Parts House
Shop Online @ www.gmpartshouse.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From; Titan

It is what it is. Not being a dick but doesn't a confirmation email come after you have already placed your order online? lol- I am not overly concerned about it, you gave me more than a fair price on it and I will get it when I get it.
Thanks you for your replies and the good deal!

Good Evening,

What I said it was mentioned to you in a couple of different places, actually before you placed the order, and then including the confirmation email. That is all.

Thank you,
Gene.

Owner Of GM Parts House

Sir,
Not looking for a back and forth about about ordering procedure and content on your site. All I was asking is if I would have the grille by saturday. No big deal, if I don't have it, I just will wait till the following weekend to install it. But just so you are aware I did go through the link on camaro5 and mocked up another order again. I did not see anything conspicuous that states it is not in stock or to call in regard to a certain delivery perimeters. I did not recall seeing it until the confirmation email.Not trying to argue with you, just telling you what I observed as a consumer since you seem overly passionate about this. Again, I was just curious and was not concerned about when I got it.
Let me know when it ships
Thanks

Hello,

I am not overly passionate at all. I just know it is there as I am the one who controls where the items are put. Iíll give you a couple of examples. Just proving the fact that we donít say we have something in stock on the site and there are many reasons why, but below are the excerpts from the site and an order confirmation email.

Thank you,
Gene.
Owner Of GM Parts House

Dude,
Are you for real? Let it go my man, Remember when I said I was not looking for a back and forth, That was nice speak for "I really don't care."
I have been very polite up til now but let me be perfectly clear-Take your meds, supply quality parts at a great price and never contact me again.

I am not sure if I am out of line or if this is just weird.
I would order from them again, I just will never ask a question I guess.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I cancelled my order with them and ordered through Maureen for almost the exact same reason. I ordered a heritage grill and ZL1 shields(mud flaps) and thought I got a great deal. Only to be notified after making the purchase that I would receive an email to confirm availability and shipping. Long story short, I went back and forth via email asking how much shipping would be in addition to the shipping I already paid at checkout.

I was told that it depends on how it's shipped.

I responded with ship it the cheapest method.

His response was and I quote "The cheapest shipping method may not be the least expensive with duties and taxes considered on each."

At this point I requested a refund. I live in Hawaii and mail order everything. I have never gone through that much hassle trying to get shipping figured out. I will never buy from them again.

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
swizlstik

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Dang....that wore me out.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:22 AM   #4
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 M6
I am not so sure he is at fault really.

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
I am not so sure he is at fault really.
Maybe you have a desire to quibble over semantics with an online retailer, but I don't.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5 & C6
sounds like someone wants the last word..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
family man

Drives: .
They drop ship like a lot of other places.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Not sure if you mean me or him, but unrelated to this- I liked your other avatar better since it is my actual girlfriend.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #10
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Always has good luck with them. Much better than GMpartsdirect.
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #11
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
got my order just fine no probs at all
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote