Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
SSlim

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey 1SS/RS A6
Service Stabilitrak

I did a search and read many other posts, but they all seem slightly different than mine.

I was getting on it this monring, the car down shifted and bogged almost like hitting the rev limmiter and then the dash lit up with Service Stabilitrack and all the traction control and abs lights lit up. It ideling rough and shifting funny ( I assume this is limp mode) any ideas or suggestions?

Safe to drive it around? I have a 40 mile track back home today before I can put a scanner on it.
Whipple, GT9 cam, LS3 conversion, ZL1 pistons, ZL1 rods, Circle D converter, Stage 3 trans, Tuned by Pat G, CAI inc, TPS headers, posi mod, Dynomax bullet cat back, VMAX TB, ADM Scoop, RX catch can, Eibach prokit plus, Eurotek Mesh 33 wheels, P13w DRLs, Pioneer/Massive Audio/Vibe/JL interior goodies.
613 RWHP/596 TQ
SSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
SSlim

Turned out to be a blown header gasket.
Whipple, GT9 cam, LS3 conversion, ZL1 pistons, ZL1 rods, Circle D converter, Stage 3 trans, Tuned by Pat G, CAI inc, TPS headers, posi mod, Dynomax bullet cat back, VMAX TB, ADM Scoop, RX catch can, Eibach prokit plus, Eurotek Mesh 33 wheels, P13w DRLs, Pioneer/Massive Audio/Vibe/JL interior goodies.
613 RWHP/596 TQ
Old 02-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
spyder

Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
Did you reuse the OEM gasket when you installed the OBX headers??
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
SSlim

Yep. Probably could have been avoided by re tq. the bolts after a few heat cycles.
613 RWHP/596 TQ
Old 02-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
SSlim

Well crap spoke too soon. Replaced the header gaskets still misfiring and ticking. Looks like a lifter may have let go. Sucks, but on the bright side gives me an excuse to do ls3 conversion and a cam.
613 RWHP/596 TQ