Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Old 03-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
Sesiom Summers

Drives: Camaro Z-28 2001
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
2001 z28 vs 2003 corvette at orlando speed world

well 2 days ago I did my first 1/4 with my friends at orlando speedworld, is was a funny night, I spend all the day reading about -how to avoid totaled your car and yourself- everything was normal until a guy with a 2003 corvette w tinted windows appears, I was like -OK I already lost, just do it for fun- I did the line and i got more scared every time I got closer to the drag strip.. at the end a guy hit 'gently' my hood and point the drag strip at that time my mind was like about to explode.. anyway, I go to my lane, I avoid the water lines (I use stock wheels) and I put my transmission in 1 (Im a A4) put my feet on the brake and the other in the gas and the car star to make a burnout and turn a bit to the left, by instinct I correct the direction and gently release the brakes and let the car roll like.. 5 or 10 feet then I brake -by these time i already forgot that I had a corvette In my side, and I was enjoining every moment, slowly I go to the line but I pass it so I fell like a nooob but baah i WAS SOOO HAPPY at this moment, then in ... dont know it was so fast the yellow light start to "go down" and wen I saw the green light release the brake and launch the car at 2.500 rpm the car go perfect, just turn my head and the covette fell behind, I "shif" 2nd and 3th at 6.300 knowing that mi A4 is stock and it has a lag of half of second +/- then I saw that the corvette pass me like I was at 10mhp but at the same time the track end, so I didnt know If I won so I go to the "ticket place or whatever is called" and they give me a paper then I went to the place were my friends was and curiously the corvette park in front of me, and I saw one of my friends going out, I smile and the rest of the CFT team run to my car and told me that was and awesome race

these are the numbers

VS

LEFT : ME RIGHT: CORVETTE

I lost but I think I did it great and I love it, he have a stock corvette 2003, W N20 but of course he didnt use it I have a camaro w some stuff and 330 hp at wheels, today we are going to race again he with N2O Im using drag wheels and a more aggressive tuning wish me luck! (probably he is gonna kick my but.. hahahaha ) also I want to know if what is best launching it at 3.000 or higher (w drag tires)

thanks to all

and sorry for my bad English I'm falling sleep right now

Last edited by Sesiom Summers; 03-03-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Sesiom Summers is offline   Reply With Quote