Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Crashnburn7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
iTSX problems help!

I got a iTSX tuner. I am having some issues and was wondering if anyone could help.

I have a droid and used the app, it uploaded the stock tune so I could send it off to JRE, when I did and emailed it out there was no attachment.

Then I tried to do it via USB, hooked it up to my computer to see if I could get the file but I cant find any software to get the file.

After trying I few things now I get an error where I cannot upload stock tune.

Then I tried my girlfriends iphone figuring maybe it was the app version I was using, we could not get it to work with her phone either. It pairs just fine and connects. Just cant get the stock tune uploaded.

I work mon-fri long hours and JRE and SCT dont really seem available the hours I am, so wondering if anyone out there had any thoughts (google NO HELP!!)

-Steve
Crashnburn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
first, make sure the app, and OBDII reader is updated. This is VITAL!!! The old version is a piece of garbage and will drive you nuts.

I havent used the droid version, but the apple version was fine, once I updated.

You can try pulling it using the computer, via the Itsx. That works also. GO through all of JRE's directions, step by step.

Good luck
Old 03-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Crashnburn7

I just found where to download SCT device updater software, my phone wouldnt allow it to work,So I did just update firmware on the device. Also able to extract the stock tune off the device via USB. Its a different file type than if you send it by bluetooth though. Not sure if there is a difference, I guess I will find out.

I went through all the directions, just didnt know I had to do a firmware update, and couldnt find the install software on the SCT website. I found it now though.. I thought I broke it
Old 03-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
haha, no worries. I DID break one. Well, actually it bricked while I was updating. After that, everything was all good.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Crashnburn7

That did the trick. works fine now, wish I would have known that before all the aggravation
Thanks