Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
Luckymex_dallas
Drag Racer

Drives: 2010 2SS/Rs
Is my Tune Gone?

Will Unplugging the ECU, disconnecting the battery, or pulling out the ECU fuse reset my tune? I did all of these in the past weeks and i want to know if my tune is gone, it seems a lil sluggish but i cant tell as i am driving the car like a baby now..
just replaced a seized lifter, and blew a head gasket!!
repaired those things its driving great now....but wondering if my tune is still in place?
Luckymex_dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
Luckymex_dallas
Drag Racer

I did those things i was chasing(trying to reset) a code i was having problems with
Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
No! Unplugging your battery or anything is not going to reset your tune! If you have had a tune, your tune will still be in there until it is changed!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #4
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
If you unplug your computer or laptop from the wall (without a battery plugged in) and then plug it back in later and boot it up, does windows/MAC OS/Linux (whatever OS your running) still boot up?

Why yes, it does. And all the files you saved are still there!

Your tune is stored in your ECU's ROM. It is not like RAM that gets cleared out upon reboot
Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Luckymex_dallas
Drag Racer

thanks...still seems a bit underpower...maybe its cuase im used to nitrous in the track car, but im gonna do some more digging into this thing, it just seem as strong s it used to fell, but i may just be ready for more upgrades
Old 03-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymex_dallas View Post
thanks...still seems a bit underpower...maybe its cuase im used to nitrous in the track car, but im gonna do some more digging into this thing, it just seem as strong s it used to fell, but i may just be ready for more upgrades
Just asking, but I assume you are putting 93 octane in it and you have done a fuse pull? Not sure if you have a CAI, but if so do you have a strong MAF?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, RX CC, GFX, Subs.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote