Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #26
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Women like it better when you ask them out instead of locking them in the trunk... plus theres that release now so they can escape too easy!
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #27
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Women like it better when you ask them out instead of locking them in the trunk... plus theres that release now so they can escape too easy!
what the hell is wrong with you and the other people who keep repeating this 'joke'. really.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #28
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
Okay, I switched to my second key FOB last week, and it hasn't happened since, so maybe there are some defective key FOB's out there.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #29
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
what the hell is wrong with you and the other people who keep repeating this 'joke'. really.
wow... lighten up
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #30
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I found out the trunk button on one of my key fob's doesn't work, so maybe you have the same issue with the key fob you're now using?
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #31
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I found out the trunk button on one of my key fob's doesn't work, so maybe you have the same issue with the key fob you're now using?
I have used it to open the trunk, so it does work. I am just happy that it doesn't open on it's own now!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #32
Jay_LHD3

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS LS3
I just started having this problem. Three times since Saturday, only in the morning at the house; it was closed when leaving work yesterday.

I don't put the FOB in my pocket at home and leave the keys laying out flat with no chance of the button being pressed. I have been swapping back and forth between FOBs without paying much attention to which one I had. I will swap to the other one tonight and see if the problem goes away.

I also need to do some testing because I was under the impression that the trunk could not be opened if the doors were locked. I do know that I started using the trunk last week to throw my laptop bag in there after work which is left in there overnight when I'm going to drive the camaro the next day. So it not like I'm opening the trunk when I get home, but still find it open the next morning.

I hate for rain to get in there or worse find a snake in there next summer!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #33
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #34
chevy dude

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM Camaro
It's happened to me a few times,but it's not from accidentally touching the trunk release button,it's the "lock" button.If i touch the "lock" button hard,the trunk opens
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #35
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Explanation = keys in pocket. I keep setting of the alarm and occassionally opening the trunk this way.