Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-10-2015, 08:41 AM   #1
spyderbuddy
Account Suspended

Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
superchargering the llt

ok, I'm looking at getting the IPF supercharger for nightmare. Called Andy the other day, and had some questions for him.

I don't like the catch can they have on there kit. Want an Elite or Mighty Mouse.
don't like the way you have to break your power streering resavor.

Guy's I just want to get some feed back other than it's great. I would like to know the problems y'all had before i jump into this fray.

I want to be about 400hp at the rear

IPF supercharger
BBK Headers with High Flow Cats
Ported Throttle Body
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
Spyder my friend- I sense a negative attitude toward this experience, and it hasn't even started yet !

You want to get a S/C for "nightmare"?

Upgrading to another catch can is no problem and they don't break your PS res. But you can relocate it.

My advice would be save the cost of the IPF. The '16s will be out soon and a factory V6 with twin turbo's is bound to be in the line up!
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, FE4 struts,ZL1 toe rods/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing front sway bar, JPSS FE4 rear sway and radius arm inserts, Pedders rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:19 AM   #3
spyderbuddy
Account Suspended

no its not a negative attitude, just a little cautious. I like my car the way i've got it, just want a little more power.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Maybe you could design and build your own? That would solve that problem.
AGP TT kit, Alky Controll dual nozzel meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, FSP custom grind Turbo cam, Dual Valve springs, 25% SLP UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1400hp axles, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000....Built and tuned with pride by FSP 747whp/714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
First thing will be to either gut your cats to replace them with test pipes, the heat will melt them and plug up the exhaust.

The catch can is an easy mod to do during the install. The IPF one is in a bad location for both draining and condensation.

You are just relocating the power steering reservoir, it is easy. I just don't like the bracket since the reservoir doesn't want to stay seated. I honestly think IPF should use a Mishimoto power steering reservoir and have it attached to their bracket, make it look cooler than that nerdy stock OEM one.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #6
spyderbuddy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
First thing will be to either gut your cats to replace them with test pipes, the heat will melt them and plug up the exhaust.

The catch can is an easy mod to do during the install. The IPF one is in a bad location for both draining and condensation.

You are just relocating the power steering reservoir, it is easy. I just don't like the bracket since the reservoir doesn't want to stay seated. I honestly think IPF should use a Mishimoto power steering reservoir and have it attached to their bracket, make it look cooler than that nerdy stock OEM one.
Thanks, this is the kind of information i'm looking for.

When i saw lil'nasty's Car that was one of the problems he was haviing with his setup.

I am just loking for information to help me with my install, and to head off problems.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #7
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
Gottcha- we repositioned my PS res here on the driver's side strut tower-
and +1 on the HFC's- you gotta go no cat or OE cats.
Attached Images

Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, FE4 struts,ZL1 toe rods/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing front sway bar, JPSS FE4 rear sway and radius arm inserts, Pedders rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #8
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
If you do use the Ipf PS resivor location get a good flexible hose or metel elbow so you don't get a kink in the line . Defently go with another catch can MM or elite or good choices . Make sure you route the superchager drain line away from any lines to avoid cutting tru them . ( I have mine zip tied to the side ) . Swap out your spark plugs to a step colder . Like magnum said gut your cats . Also put a rain sock over your flitter
Old 01-11-2015, 10:08 AM   #9
gutterball

Drives: 2011 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
I have the BBK low rest Cats, had them on now for 4 years, Supercharger for just over a year, and the BBK Cats are still holing up.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote