Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Canada Leafs

Old 03-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #26
Mike88

Drives: 94 Camaro, 05 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazz28 View Post
Regina is pretty nice, the trees do add alot, and the legislative buildings are very nice!! I've always liked Saskatoon a little more though, a little cleaner and more open in my opinion. But most of us are nice to everyone, must be a small town thing. Maybe a little too nict, I know it takes a lot for somebody to tick me off anyways.
A bunch of our grad class was fortunate enough to go to Montreal last year for "Mining GAmes", which is a competition between about 10 universities, its our way of seeing which one is the best(and yes, we won). I've been out there a few times and I like everything about Montreal.......except for their drivers, they are NUTS!!!!! Canadiens are my #1 team, I love the way they play hockey.
Yes, we're crazy drivers, but we're skilled at being crazy...not like Toronto, where they're just crazy...(yes I said it, and I've lived here for a year so my opinion is informed!). I do have to say its not everyone, probably not the kinds of guys on a Camaro forum...so calm down!

HABS all the way! Let's see how they do in the playoffs without Koivu, Streit, Boullion and Komisarek maybe. We had such a great and healthy season and now all these injuries to our top players with 3 games left! Anyway..they'll pull through! Keep the faith!

My gf's bro just got accepted into mining engineering at McGill...he's pretty excited about the possibility of a work stage in Australia...not to mention the tons of cash he'll be making in just 4 short years!
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:52 PM   #27
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I disagree with the statement that drivers in Toronto are crazy. Most bad drivers in Toronto are just stupid. I've lived in the area all my life, and while some are crazy, many are just plain stupid. The distinction is important because its possible to sometimes excuse someone for being crazy, there are few excuses for stupid.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:13 AM   #28
Mike88

Drives: 94 Camaro, 05 Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I disagree with the statement that drivers in Toronto are crazy. Most bad drivers in Toronto are just stupid. I've lived in the area all my life, and while some are crazy, many are just plain stupid. The distinction is important because its possible to sometimes excuse someone for being crazy, there are few excuses for stupid.
so true...i revoke the word 'crazy' from my statement and replace it with 'stupid'

A few weeks ago on a Sunday evening I was driving from Mississauga back to my place downtown near Yonge and Bloor...I saw three accidents parked on the shoulder of the 401. The first was someone who had changed lanes without checking his blind spot judging by the dent along the driverside door of the other car. The second was a guy who decided too late that he was going to take the exit and smashed into the divider between the collector and the expressway. The third accident, somone had rammed the back end of another car...I'm assuming this was a result of tailgaiting, something Toronto is notorious for and drives me absolutely crazy! I couldn't believe it...you'd never see that in Montreal. The worst is that these morons tie up traffic for hours on a daily basis!
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:43 AM   #29
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

See, to me that stuff is normal. 3 is pretty bad, especially on a sunday evening. But as for the tailgaters, it is way too common. If people left more space there wouldn't be as many trafic issues. you wouldn't have to cut other cars off because there is space. they don't have to slow down to make room. you can let off the gas to slow down rather than hit the brakes. so many little things. But there is the mentality that "if i don't follow close, then someone will get home before me". I never knew what real highway driving was like until this past summer. drove out to ottawa, there were times when I was the only car that I could see, 3 lanes each way. nobody behind me, nobody in front, and nobody coming in the other lane. it was crazy. While up there, there was no 'rush hour'. cars let you in, drove near the limit -at 5 pm on the highway, on a weekday. It was nice.

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 03-31-2008, 01:51 AM   #30
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
DG - You actually live in Camaro town? You are the man on the inside, any pics, parts, plant lot when production starts, plant tours with photos would be greatly appreciated!
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:17 AM   #31
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

i am in oshawa, but I won't be around to see a camaro roll off the line. I'm done school in a month. though I might just take a trip back in october just to see one. Home is about 2 hours from here, kinda close to Buffalo NY. If you want insider stuff, talk to 80Zedder. He works at the plant.

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 03-31-2008, 01:17 PM   #32
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If you want insider stuff, talk to 80Zedder. He works at the plant.
Maybe he won't be for long if he spills insider stuff.

crazz28,

Congrats on the degree.
I predict plenty of coin in your future to spend on Camaro's
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #33
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
Maybe he won't be for long if he spills insider stuff.

crazz28,

Congrats on the degree.
I predict plenty of coin in your future to spend on Camaro's
That is true, graduated with ZERO debt thanks to my work terms and some cash the parents saved up since I was born(but I only took as much as I needed for first year) Hoping to go in a year from now and say "I want that one in black, here's the cheque"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post

My gf's bro just got accepted into mining engineering at McGill...he's pretty excited about the possibility of a work stage in Australia...not to mention the tons of cash he'll be making in just 4 short years!
Yeah, Australia is nuts, 2 people I graduated with went over there. But it's not my style, way way way too hot and no winter sports and without them, I don't see a point to living PM me if he's curious about something, I'll see what I can do.
crazz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #34
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
It does't need to be off limits stuff...I'm a native Floridian, but for 8 long years I lived in Northern Vermont and travelled 2 hours north of Montreal because my ex-wife lived there with my kids.

I used to drive by the F-body plant everytime and there was always a sea of Camaros and Firebirds. Quite a sight! I was just thinking I'd love to see a picture of a sea of new Camaros
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:02 AM   #35
Maddog78

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
I was just thinking I'd love to see a picture of a sea of new Camaros
Yeah, that would be cool.
Maybe someone will be able to put up a pic like that someday?
Old 04-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #36
ugoogalee

Drives: 2006 Silverado Special Edition
Bob, from Calgary (formerly from Edmonton and waaaay before that Saskatchewan, where all good Albertans come from). Starting back in the late 70's I had seven '67 Camaros - with the two sweet ones being a plain jane with a killer smallblock, and the ultimate - a RS/SS 350 (numbers matching). I did sway slightly into a 2nd gen with a 70 split bumber, but have never really liked what Chev did to the Camaros after that. Until now that is! When I first saw the concept I was floored as it brought back my youth - just in time for my mid-life crisis!! Gotta thank GM for taking 3 years to get this thing out - allowed me time to sync up my current lease so that I can purchase the new Camaro when it comes out.

The only debate that I'm having is whether or not to wait for the rag. I gotta tell ya, while I love the hugger orange rag concept (even have my vanity plate already - HGGR), I'm not sure that I can wait almost a year after everyone else has been cruisin for a summer - know what I mean?
ugoogalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #37
Maddog78

Hey, Bob.

I don't know, tough and personal call.
Probably be too expensive to get a coupe early and then trade it in on a vert' the next year? Are you leasing or buying?
Old 04-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #38
ugoogalee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
Hey, Bob.

I don't know, tough and personal call.
Probably be too expensive to get a coupe early and then trade it in on a vert' the next year? Are you leasing or buying?
I'd probably look at either option. Yes, I was thinking about seeing if I could do a deal where I could get into a coupe (lease) before the rag (special order purchase). There's a pretty good dealer here in Calgary (GSL) that I'll explore options with. Talking to them now seems a waste of time until GM gets the Camaro into the ordering system.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #39
The Project
Don't Mess with the Zohan

Drives: 89 IROC
Aren't all the alloted camaros sold out for 09. I hear dealerships are not getting any more cars.................
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
The Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #40
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Project View Post
Aren't all the alloted camaros sold out for 09. I hear dealerships are not getting any more cars.................
You're thinking challengers I'm sure. No Camaro's have been sold yet since there hasn't been any pricing released.

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 04-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #41
ugoogalee

Quote:
Which is another reason I want to special order mine - I figure that the dealer will have a harder time jacking the price...
Old 04-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #42
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Like DGthe3 said, accounts for all the Challengers. In fact, I recall something like 4,000 orders being placed the very first day and another 6,5something orders placed the following day....more than were planned on being built.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:17 AM   #43
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 13 SRX Premium 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Hey fellow Canadians! Joshua from Moosomin, Sask. (2 hours east of Regina, next to Manitoba border on #1)

Anyway, 22 yrs fresh, and working in the oilfields (mainly) in AB.
I currently own the vehicles in my sig, and am hoping to add a 2011-2012 blue Camaro SS convertible to my "fleet".

Old 07-21-2008, 01:35 AM   #44
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Welcome!

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
Old 07-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #45
Maddog78

Hi and Welcome.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #46
lilszoke

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs 81 and 78 camaro
hey im cassidy im a guy i know i have a girls name lol i get buged about that alot im 19 liveing in brooks AB trying to save up for my down payment working on the oil rigs and i cant wait to sit in that beautiful car
lilszoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #47
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Hi, from Montreal South Shore. ordered my Camaro in Nov can't wait to get the final details.
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #48
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
hey guys! i'm from Edmonton.. just wanted to say hi to all my fellow albertans out there. anyone else in edmonton? we'll have to set up a cruise night in the summer when we get our camaros... imagine 4-5 of us rollin down whyte ave or jasper ave LOL
Old 01-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #49
SlipKnoT

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Im Slip. I listen to metal. Im 21, my GF is ****** pissing me off. I hate long walks on the beach. My cat died last months.

I finished BCIT/UBC in Vancouver as a Network Administrator. Working fulltime as one for huge shoe company at the head office. I also like eating fries and mooching off my parents by not paying rent.
SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #50
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT View Post
Im Slip. I listen to metal. Im 21, my GF is ****** pissing me off. I hate long walks on the beach. My cat died last months.

I finished BCIT/UBC in Vancouver as a Network Administrator. Working fulltime as one for huge shoe company at the head office. I also like eating fries and mooching off my parents by not paying rent.
1. Would never have guessed you're a metal head . . .

2. Girls are like that.

3. Not many long beaches around here. I don't think I'd enjoy them either

4. Our cat died a year and a half ago. When she was fat, her belly fur would reach the ground.

5. Rent, at least offer them $100/mo. Thats what my brother did and I am doing after my eduma-k-shun.

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum