Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2008, 03:04 AM   #15
melvin
 
Drives: 2007 Ducati 1098, 1980 FJ40
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Posts: 8
Abbotsford, eh? Cool. Im in good old Chilliwack.
__________________
melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #16
SSmoked

 
SSmoked's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: O' Canada
Posts: 1,278
supp everyone.

im a 16 year old student attending high school in woodbridge ontario. im in grade 12 at the moment and will be attending collage in a few months. in collage i will be studying enviromental managment for 2 years than moving on to join a apprenticeship program to become a arborist. i dont play any sports at the moment i use to play soccer in elementary school, and use to compete in ta kwon do where i placed 3rd in the canadian nationals in winnepeg.

well thats me.

soo how bout them leafs? for those that live in toronto know what im talken about lol.

edit: btw anyone know when they have that camaro or car show in niagra i think, i rember last year hearing about it but never had a chance to go
__________________
SSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,504
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
edit: btw anyone know when they have that camaro or car show in niagra i think, i rember last year hearing about it but never had a chance to go
Talk to 3Whiterag. I assume you are talking about the one at GM Powertrain in St Catherines?
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:08 PM   #18
SSmoked

 
SSmoked's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: O' Canada
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Talk to 3Whiterag. I assume you are talking about the one at GM Powertrain in St Catherines?
just seen his sticky. ill be going there with my dad sounded like a great show last year.
__________________
SSmoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #19
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired
 
3whiterag's Avatar
 
Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 352
Here I am! You can register online at www.gmpowertrain.ca It is sent directly to me at work!
There is also the Ontario Camaro Club show in St. Catharines in June which is for strickly Camaros. You can find info on that at www.ontariocamaroclub.com I have been a member of that club for 19 of its 20 years.
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #20
crazz28
 
crazz28's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 213
Hey fellow Canucks,
I'm 22yrs old, born and raised on a farm in good ol' Sask (please, go easy on the jokes). Graduated from University of Alberta in '07 with a degree in Mining Engineering. Currently living in Saskatoon and working at the mines in northern Sask as well as on the farm during my weeks out.....trying to make time go by as quickly as possible for the next year, and make as much cash as possible!!!! I've driven my 2000 sunfire since I graduated high school in '03 so the upgrade will be a welcome one. I'll probably still keep "old reliable" though, for winter driving and such.

Kevin
crazz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #21
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,504
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Why would we make fun of Saskatchewan? There is nothing to make fun of, litterally. There's nothing there.

seriously though, how's the sunfire in terms of maintenance and such? I'm thinking of getting a cav from 2000 or 2001. basically the same car though, don't want a sunfire because I can't figure out what looks worse, ones with the spoiler or the ones without.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #22
crazz28
 
crazz28's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Why would we make fun of Saskatchewan? There is nothing to make fun of, litterally. There's nothing there.

seriously though, how's the sunfire in terms of maintenance and such? I'm thinking of getting a cav from 2000 or 2001. basically the same car though, don't want a sunfire because I can't figure out what looks worse, ones with the spoiler or the ones without.

Haha, yeah, true, we've got nothing........except for the 2007 Grey Cup Champs (it's a big deal here, at least let me have something )

I personally haven't had any problems with mine, although I should point out that it's not exactly high mileage, only about 130k, but I drive it pretty hard. It's the stripper version SE with a 2.2, I've basically just bought a set of tires, brakes and a battery(my bro left the lights on and it never fully recovered) in the 5 years I've had it, that's it!! The head gasket is leaking a bit but I think I've read somewhere that is common with these cars, but will still need replacing, other than that it runs solid, auto tranny stills shifts good, keeps me cool in the summer, warm in the winter, insurance is cheap here, so it hasn't really failed me yet. Won't win any races but it will get you where you're going fairly cheaply until you've got enough for the Big Dog Camaro. My fuel mileage isn't the greatest, but I'm usually going 130+ and it's revving up around 3k. It'll easily do 30mpg if you drive it right (but we're engineers so fuel mileage doesn't really matter )
Mine is black with the little spoiler in the back, i think it looks alright, but then again I am a flatlander so I may have a skewed view of the world
My brother has an '01 Alero V6, that's a pretty fun car!!! albeit a little more expensive in the maintenance and tire dept but it goes like stink!!!

It's been kinda funny though, a bunch of guys in my uni grad class bought new vehicles(one guy got a brand new lexus is250, another got a new mazda6) so they give me a hard time about still owning the pontiac, but the old addage 'good things come to those who wait' will definitley hold true next year

Hope some of that helped you out.

BTW, you get your ring yet???
crazz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #23
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,504
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazz28 View Post
Haha, yeah, true, we've got nothing........except for the 2007 Grey Cup Champs (it's a big deal here, at least let me have something )

I personally haven't had any problems with mine, although I should point out that it's not exactly high mileage, only about 130k, but I drive it pretty hard. It's the stripper version SE with a 2.2, I've basically just bought a set of tires, brakes and a battery(my bro left the lights on and it never fully recovered) in the 5 years I've had it, that's it!! The head gasket is leaking a bit but I think I've read somewhere that is common with these cars, but will still need replacing, other than that it runs solid, auto tranny stills shifts good, keeps me cool in the summer, warm in the winter, insurance is cheap here, so it hasn't really failed me yet. Won't win any races but it will get you where you're going fairly cheaply until you've got enough for the Big Dog Camaro. My fuel mileage isn't the greatest, but I'm usually going 130+ and it's revving up around 3k. It'll easily do 30mpg if you drive it right (but we're engineers so fuel mileage doesn't really matter )
Mine is black with the little spoiler in the back, i think it looks alright, but then again I am a flatlander so I may have a skewed view of the world
My brother has an '01 Alero V6, that's a pretty fun car!!! albeit a little more expensive in the maintenance and tire dept but it goes like stink!!!

It's been kinda funny though, a bunch of guys in my uni grad class bought new vehicles(one guy got a brand new lexus is250, another got a new mazda6) so they give me a hard time about still owning the pontiac, but the old addage 'good things come to those who wait' will definitley hold true next year

Hope some of that helped you out.

BTW, you get your ring yet???
Helps out alot. Its funny you should mention the Alero V6 both it and its twin, the Grand Am, are also on my list. And I got my ring a couple weeks ago. I hardly notice it now.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #24
Mike88
 
Mike88's Avatar
 
Drives: 94 Camaro, 05 Magnum
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto/Montreal
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazz28 View Post
Hey fellow Canucks,
I'm 22yrs old, born and raised on a farm in good ol' Sask (please, go easy on the jokes). Graduated from University of Alberta in '07 with a degree in Mining Engineering. Currently living in Saskatoon and working at the mines in northern Sask as well as on the farm during my weeks out.....trying to make time go by as quickly as possible for the next year, and make as much cash as possible!!!! I've driven my 2000 sunfire since I graduated high school in '03 so the upgrade will be a welcome one. I'll probably still keep "old reliable" though, for winter driving and such.

Kevin
I know you're not from there, but I drove through Regina a few years ago on my drive from Edmonton to Montreal. I thought it was a beautiful city. I love that main street with the huge old oak trees on either side. Also, the provincial buildings were among the nicest I've seen in this country. I don't think I'd mind living anywhere in Sask...the ppl seemed so nice.
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:50 AM   #25
crazz28
 
crazz28's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 213
Regina is pretty nice, the trees do add alot, and the legislative buildings are very nice!! I've always liked Saskatoon a little more though, a little cleaner and more open in my opinion. But most of us are nice to everyone, must be a small town thing. Maybe a little too nict, I know it takes a lot for somebody to tick me off anyways.
A bunch of our grad class was fortunate enough to go to Montreal last year for "Mining GAmes", which is a competition between about 10 universities, its our way of seeing which one is the best(and yes, we won). I've been out there a few times and I like everything about Montreal.......except for their drivers, they are NUTS!!!!! Canadiens are my #1 team, I love the way they play hockey.
crazz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #26
Mike88
 
Mike88's Avatar
 
Drives: 94 Camaro, 05 Magnum
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto/Montreal
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazz28 View Post
Regina is pretty nice, the trees do add alot, and the legislative buildings are very nice!! I've always liked Saskatoon a little more though, a little cleaner and more open in my opinion. But most of us are nice to everyone, must be a small town thing. Maybe a little too nict, I know it takes a lot for somebody to tick me off anyways.
A bunch of our grad class was fortunate enough to go to Montreal last year for "Mining GAmes", which is a competition between about 10 universities, its our way of seeing which one is the best(and yes, we won). I've been out there a few times and I like everything about Montreal.......except for their drivers, they are NUTS!!!!! Canadiens are my #1 team, I love the way they play hockey.
Yes, we're crazy drivers, but we're skilled at being crazy...not like Toronto, where they're just crazy...(yes I said it, and I've lived here for a year so my opinion is informed!). I do have to say its not everyone, probably not the kinds of guys on a Camaro forum...so calm down!

HABS all the way! Let's see how they do in the playoffs without Koivu, Streit, Boullion and Komisarek maybe. We had such a great and healthy season and now all these injuries to our top players with 3 games left! Anyway..they'll pull through! Keep the faith!

My gf's bro just got accepted into mining engineering at McGill...he's pretty excited about the possibility of a work stage in Australia...not to mention the tons of cash he'll be making in just 4 short years!
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #27
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,504
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I disagree with the statement that drivers in Toronto are crazy. Most bad drivers in Toronto are just stupid. I've lived in the area all my life, and while some are crazy, many are just plain stupid. The distinction is important because its possible to sometimes excuse someone for being crazy, there are few excuses for stupid.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:13 AM   #28
Mike88
 
Mike88's Avatar
 
Drives: 94 Camaro, 05 Magnum
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto/Montreal
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I disagree with the statement that drivers in Toronto are crazy. Most bad drivers in Toronto are just stupid. I've lived in the area all my life, and while some are crazy, many are just plain stupid. The distinction is important because its possible to sometimes excuse someone for being crazy, there are few excuses for stupid.
so true...i revoke the word 'crazy' from my statement and replace it with 'stupid'

A few weeks ago on a Sunday evening I was driving from Mississauga back to my place downtown near Yonge and Bloor...I saw three accidents parked on the shoulder of the 401. The first was someone who had changed lanes without checking his blind spot judging by the dent along the driverside door of the other car. The second was a guy who decided too late that he was going to take the exit and smashed into the divider between the collector and the expressway. The third accident, somone had rammed the back end of another car...I'm assuming this was a result of tailgaiting, something Toronto is notorious for and drives me absolutely crazy! I couldn't believe it...you'd never see that in Montreal. The worst is that these morons tie up traffic for hours on a daily basis!
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadian Pricing for the Camaro5 Jay Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 97 07-11-2012 11:34 PM
for sale / wanted section [KRPT]ECP Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 3 01-11-2008 03:45 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.