Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
dcosta
 
dcosta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ss/rs camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: peoria,az
Posts: 157
Buying A Used ZL1.Good Deal??????

My son works and a Nissan Store and calls me saying someone traded in a 2013 ZL1.
I go down and look at it and it's black with the carbin insert with black wheels.
When looking at it the outer edges of the tires they look kind of worn down and looks like they were heated up like when you are at a track taking corners at a high rate of speed..these tires seem kinda of soft so maybe before he traded it in he got his moneys worth not sure..When we started it up it also has a little rattle at the pulleys,just dont want to buy anything that someone has hammered on.
This car has 2050 miles on it and I can get it for $48k.
After trading in my 2011 convertible and a 2012 45th SS it will put me back up to 63k..I think is is a decent deal but Not sure I want to get rid of my two bad ass SS camaros for this..
What do you think..worth it or?????

Last edited by dcosta; 03-10-2013 at 02:51 PM.
dcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Jason P
 
Jason P's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2ss
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 273
I vote no if you will owe 63k.
__________________
2011 2ss Ram twin plate ceramic clutch, Texas speed 418 LS3 235 /243 .621 / .624 cam, ported and polished heads with dual springs,magnum push rods, Hotchkis race pack, Stainless Power long tube headers with no cats, Magna Flo competition exhaust, lpe fuel pump, magnuson supercharger with overdrive and port matched blower plate, IW 8 rib pullies, AEM meth kit, id 850 injectors, 3 bar map, halltech cai, zl1 rear diff
Jason P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,435
you will owe $63k, or be ahead $15k? Ahead yes...get a new one, imo.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcosta View Post
My son works and a Nissan Store and calls me saying someone traded in a 2013 ZL1.
I go down and look at it and it's black with the carbin insert with black wheels.
When looking at it the outer edges of the tires they look kind of worn down and looks like they were heated up like when you are at a track taking corners at a high rate of speed..these tires seem kinda of soft so maybe before he traded it in he got his moneys worth not sure..When we started it up it also has a little rattle at the pulleys,just dont want to buy anything that someone has hammered on.
This car has 2050 miles on it and I can get it for $48k.
After trading in my 2011 convertible and 45th SS it will put me back up to 63k..I think is is a decent deal but Not sure I want to get rid of my two bad ass SS camaros for this..
What do you think..worth it or?????
A '13 ZL1 for $48k is a great deal by the #'s In retrospect I bought my used '12 for 52k but with all the options it had the MSRP was $59k and it was GM certified. I also was able to have them throw in 2 new rear tires. Since its a non-Chevrolet dealer getting it GM certified is out the question so at $48k they are trying to let it go apparently. Carfax it, make sure it wasn't handled misproperly and ensure the break in process was done properly. I don't think you'll find a new one for $48k, there are still some states that are charging a premium. Just depends on what region your in.

If they can throw in atleast the price of 2 new rear tires and depending on what other options it has I'd say go for it. $63k isn't bad considering the MSRP of the vehicle may be $52-60k depending on what it has, so your not in the hole if you think that way.

I'd say go for it honestly. It doesn't compare to both your Camaros, once you test drive it you'll see what I'm talking about. And of course others will chime in and say its cheaper to slap a S/C on one of your current models but honestly it doesn't compare.

Just all depends though, trading 2 vehicles for $63k? Ehhhhh idk. Part of me says do it! The other says, idk. Lol Goodluck either way!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
DrkPhx

 
DrkPhx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcosta View Post
My son works and a Nissan Store and calls me saying someone traded in a 2013 ZL1.
I go down and look at it and it's black with the carbin insert with black wheels.
When looking at it the outer edges of the tires they look kind of worn down and looks like they were heated up like when you are at a track taking corners at a high rate of speed..these tires seem kinda of soft so maybe before he traded it in he got his moneys worth not sure..When we started it up it also has a little rattle at the pulleys,just dont want to buy anything that someone has hammered on.
This car has 2050 miles on it and I can get it for $48k.
After trading in my 2011 convertible and 45th SS it will put me back up to 63k..I think is is a decent deal but Not sure I want to get rid of my two bad ass SS camaros for this..
What do you think..worth it or?????
- The tires look that way from the factory. Real soft compound and not a lot of tread to start with.
- The rattle is not uncommon on the LSA motor and is more of an annoyance than anything. CTS-V owners report the same rattle.
- Abuse is one thing; but this car is made to take a beating; let's hope the previous owner engaged in spirited driving.

That's a good deal but I wouldn't go upside like that especially if you're trading two cars.
DrkPhx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
tonyfred

 
tonyfred's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jackson TN
Posts: 1,046
As stated, the tires look that way to start with so I wouldnt let that concern me. I traded in my 2010 RS for my ZL1 and I have NO regrets. It is an amazing machine.
__________________
Jannetty 75 RWHP Performance Package and Tune.
Rotofab Intake, Big Gulp and WW Relocation Kit.
MRR 228 Wheels on Continental DWS06 Extremes.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #7
dcosta
 
dcosta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ss/rs camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: peoria,az
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
- The tires look that way from the factory. Real soft compound and not a lot of tread to start with.
- The rattle is not uncommon on the LSA motor and is more of an annoyance than anything. CTS-V owners report the same rattle.
- Abuse is one thing; but this car is made to take a beating; let's hope the previous owner engaged in spirited driving.

That's a good deal but I wouldn't go upside like that especially if you're trading two cars.
No i realize that the tires are soft and not alot of tread but these edges were heated up and the rubber was balling up..maybe normal for these tires but when looking at these it didn't look normal..lol
dcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
dcosta
 
dcosta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ss/rs camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: peoria,az
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
you will owe $63k, or be ahead $15k? Ahead yes...get a new one, imo.
Well it would be like buying a new one at 63k and no tax with 2050 miles on is's because i am only paying 48k for the used one.Just not sure why this guy would trade it for a Nissan..lol
dcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
Jer4251
Camaro Addict
 
Jer4251's Avatar
 
Drives: too many
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 912
Posts: 1,240
I traded in my 2010 ss alone on my 62k msrp z and I owe a hair over 50k . You must not be getting a good deal on trade in. I would say trade in the 45th and keep the 10. Or don't bother with the Z at all. I wouldn't want to pay that for a coupe at all. Be happy with what you have or sell yours outright and get what you can.
__________________
2013 ZL1 Vert
1990 IROC-Z Vert
1996 SS Vert #1468
1991 Z28
2014 Sierra Denali
Jer4251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
dcosta
 
dcosta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ss/rs camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: peoria,az
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
A '13 ZL1 for $48k is a great deal by the #'s In retrospect I bought my used '12 for 52k but with all the options it had the MSRP was $59k and it was GM certified. I also was able to have them throw in 2 new rear tires. Since its a non-Chevrolet dealer getting it GM certified is out the question so at $48k they are trying to let it go apparently. Carfax it, make sure it wasn't handled misproperly and ensure the break in process was done properly. I don't think you'll find a new one for $48k, there are still some states that are charging a premium. Just depends on what region your in.

If they can throw in atleast the price of 2 new rear tires and depending on what other options it has I'd say go for it. $63k isn't bad considering the MSRP of the vehicle may be $52-60k depending on what it has, so your not in the hole if you think that way.

I'd say go for it honestly. It doesn't compare to both your Camaros, once you test drive it you'll see what I'm talking about. And of course others will chime in and say its cheaper to slap a S/C on one of your current models but honestly it doesn't compare.

Just all depends though, trading 2 vehicles for $63k? Ehhhhh idk. Part of me says do it! The other says, idk. Lol Goodluck either way!
The only reason I am getting it at this price is because my son is selling it to me.Everybody at the dealership has been trying to get the keys from him to drive it.
dcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
dcosta
 
dcosta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ss/rs camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: peoria,az
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer4251 View Post
I traded in my 2010 ss alone on my 62k msrp z and I owe a hair over 50k . You must not be getting a good deal on trade in. I would say trade in the 45th and keep the 10. Or don't bother with the Z at all. I wouldn't want to pay that for a coupe at all. Be happy with what you have or sell yours outright and get what you can.
Yea This deal is not done.They want to give me about 30k per car and that puts me about 7k per car upside down.This would roll into the ZL1..
but it does cut my payment by $450.00..lol
dcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
avcbm
 
avcbm's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville (area), FL
Posts: 259
so your trading in 2 for 1, and your going to still be upside down 7K..... if that is the case, my heart is saying yes... but the mind is saying no way..... so it depends if your thinking with your heart, or your mind....
__________________

2012 Camaro ZL1
2010 Camaro SS (Sold)
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #13
Normagene


 
Normagene's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Eastern, Mass
Posts: 2,590
I must be missing something here, I don't understand the numbers whatsoever. Your getting 63 for trading I two camaro's. buying a ZL1 for 48. So they, the dealership, will be writing you a check for $15,000. Trade-in: 63 minus ZL1 at 48 leaves a balance of 15 being returned to you. If that's the deal, I'd do it, sounds like a good amount for the trade-ins and a sale price of 48 for the ZL1 sounds really good for a 2013. What's the original sticker price of the ZL1 and what are the blue book prices on each of the trades.
Normagene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #14
dcosta
 
dcosta's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ss/rs camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: peoria,az
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I must be missing something here, I don't understand the numbers whatsoever. Your getting 63 for trading I two camaro's. buying a ZL1 for 48. So they, the dealership, will be writing you a check for $15,000. Trade-in: 63 minus ZL1 at 48 leaves a balance of 15 being returned to you. If that's the deal, I'd do it, sounds like a good amount for the trade-ins and a sale price of 48 for the ZL1 sounds really good for a 2013. What's the original sticker price of the ZL1 and what are the blue book prices on each of the trades.
The car price is $48k plus a standard fee They charge on all cars.
After I trade in my two cars we are adding $15k to the price of the car making it $63k to finance....$14k rolled into ZL1 between the two cars trading in.
Car Price..............$48,000
Negative Equity....$14,000
Dealer fee............$1000.00
..................................................
Finance................$63,000..2013 ZL1 With Carbon Fiber Insert

Last edited by dcosta; 03-10-2013 at 12:06 PM.
dcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.