Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #101
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013
 
sycraft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 2,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
So cant wait to see this beast at the next sunshine state rally
we will need a row for the SC V6 cars....
__________________

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #102
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
Lil' Nasty's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
we will need a row for the SC V6 cars....
wish I had the dough for it...thinking about going FI not sure what tho


Back to topic
__________________
Lil' Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #103
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
ZaBeast07's Avatar
 
Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hunter's Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Awesome build from an Awesome shop!
Definatly!! And thanks again for the ride down and fun tag along buddy to follow home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
So cant wait to see this beast at the next sunshine state rally
It will definitely be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
we will need a row for the SC V6 cars....
That is a great idea, maybe a v6 FI section, V6 NA section, and so on for the v8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
wish I had the dough for it...thinking about going FI not sure what tho


Back to topic
I can honestly say that hands down it has been the biggest overall impact mod. Like you get some small mods that make a little impact on the car, like my rims, that really changed my car and I thought that was the nest mod/impact I'd had all along. Even though the IPF is under the hood and not necessarily a visual thing that I can look at my car and see, driving it it so much more fun and pleasing now. I am biased I guess, but I think the supercharger option is the best...and specifically IPF. I it so non invasive...looks 100% stock, and has extremely low maintenance. Change the blower oil with normal oil change. To me having the fun at your foot and have the ease of maintenance make it totally worth it.
__________________
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #104
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
ZaBeast07's Avatar
 
Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hunter's Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,301
Complete Build Review

Alright so I apologize for the wait and the length this post will end up!! I am finally getting a chance to sit down and put my thoughts and “review” of my IPF build now that it’s done, on the forum!!

First off let me start out quickly with the 2 guys and shop that did the build. Matt and Rodney at FSP did an awesome job. The pictures and communication were awesome. Matt kept me up to date with exactly what the goals were for each day and how those daily projects went!! It was awesome being 2hours away and knowing exactly what was going on with my car at all times!! I can’t say enough about how well Matt and Rodney treated me. Matt never let me down, as soon as there was a little snag, he addressed any issues and immediate let me know what had to be done, any solutions, and if there was any set back in the project. I am getting into a whole other review on FSP so ill wrap this part up. But all I have to say is Matt and Rodney are 2 badass guys and they built me a badass car in 2 weeks, in and out the door.

Onto the IPF kit. I am a go big or go home kind of guy……So I couldn’t just do the IPF kit by its self and be done. As you that have read along know I went all out, meth, rear end, gears, suspension, all at once. As an overall, total build impression…….I absolutely love it!! It’s like a brand new car and I can’t stop smiling. So far the only driving of the car I have done is the 2hr trip home from FSP. With all the new suspension parts, I severely need an alignment. Matt’s alignment shop would touch the car because of the 22s. I have a shop here in Orlando I will be visiting on Monday to get it done. Besides the rear end being extremely loose for the drive home the car pulled like hell!!!!

From turn-key at FSP to doing 135mph on I-4 the car has been awesome. The drivability in the low end RPMs is still awesome. An increase in power from idle to 3500RPM is awesome; it definitely kills some of those lower RPM dead spots that the v6s have. This may be from the 3.91 gears but regardless it’s nice having some of that deadness eliminated.
The power the car has from 4k+ RPM is night and day from what it was. At 4200RPM the boost comes in, 2-3#. By 5200RPM+ it’s pulling 6-8# of boost. Matt did mention on one of the Dyno pulls when the car was cooler he saw 10# right at redline. How quickly the car pulls through the gears and how quickly the power is there has to be the most impressive part.
Because of the gears in the rear end, I have not done any zero to wide open pulls. Everything has been on the highway, and gradually up to speed. I want those gears out back to get happy in their new home before I put them to work, as recommend by Matt.

I did get the chance to take the wife out in the car Sunday briefly when I got it home. Like I said I never pulled too hard on the car, but I got a good scream and grab of my right arm out of her. Best part was, her being a Camaro owner also (2010 LLT) after the scream was the huge ass smile and her going “Damn I want this!!!”

From a “per mod review “or “difference I felt for each mod” I couldn’t tell you. I wish I could be like well after the gears, I felt this and this change and after Meth I felt this and that change. Since the build was all at once, the car came back to me feeling 100% different, and it’s hard to answer specific question on the individual mods.

But please anyone that has any questions about the kit, the gears, the meth, the suspension, do not hesitate to PM me, post here, get my number and text me, whatever you want!!!

All I can say is so far, the build was from the ground up, incredible and probably the most satisfying thing I have done with the car!!

I will continue to post after each new experience, issue, whatever!!!
__________________
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:10 AM   #105
Vader2011v6

 
Vader2011v6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 summit white ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,039
Congrats sounds like another extremely satisfied customer. Wish that there was someone on the west coast that could pay as much attention to the build and tuning aspect of the supercharger. I'm going to try out a place that works and tunes vettes along with Ipf next month.
Vader2011v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #106
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
CrzyGamr2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 2,643
12 pounds! Ah yea!
__________________
CrzyGamr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #107
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
ZaBeast07's Avatar
 
Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hunter's Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,301
Little bit of an update!! I am having some issues with the rim size, intake piping, and rubbing the wheel well. I know that if i ditch the 22s itll solve the problem...but I'd like to keep them, so will be trying to find a way around that!!!
__________________
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #108
butters
It's not the batmobile!
 
butters's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,094
You'll get better launch times if you switch to 20s, just saying
butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #109
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
CrzyGamr2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 2,643
Keep telling him to get 20's and lower it!
__________________
CrzyGamr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #110
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaBeast07 View Post
Alright so I apologize for the wait and the length this post will end up!! I am finally getting a chance to sit down and put my thoughts and “review” of my IPF build now that it’s done, on the forum!!

First off let me start out quickly with the 2 guys and shop that did the build. Matt and Rodney at FSP did an awesome job. The pictures and communication were awesome. Matt kept me up to date with exactly what the goals were for each day and how those daily projects went!! It was awesome being 2hours away and knowing exactly what was going on with my car at all times!! I can’t say enough about how well Matt and Rodney treated me. Matt never let me down, as soon as there was a little snag, he addressed any issues and immediate let me know what had to be done, any solutions, and if there was any set back in the project. I am getting into a whole other review on FSP so ill wrap this part up. But all I have to say is Matt and Rodney are 2 badass guys and they built me a badass car in 2 weeks, in and out the door.

Onto the IPF kit. I am a go big or go home kind of guy……So I couldn’t just do the IPF kit by its self and be done. As you that have read along know I went all out, meth, rear end, gears, suspension, all at once. As an overall, total build impression…….I absolutely love it!! It’s like a brand new car and I can’t stop smiling. So far the only driving of the car I have done is the 2hr trip home from FSP. With all the new suspension parts, I severely need an alignment. Matt’s alignment shop would touch the car because of the 22s. I have a shop here in Orlando I will be visiting on Monday to get it done. Besides the rear end being extremely loose for the drive home the car pulled like hell!!!!

From turn-key at FSP to doing 135mph on I-4 the car has been awesome. The drivability in the low end RPMs is still awesome. An increase in power from idle to 3500RPM is awesome; it definitely kills some of those lower RPM dead spots that the v6s have. This may be from the 3.91 gears but regardless it’s nice having some of that deadness eliminated.
The power the car has from 4k+ RPM is night and day from what it was. At 4200RPM the boost comes in, 2-3#. By 5200RPM+ it’s pulling 6-8# of boost. Matt did mention on one of the Dyno pulls when the car was cooler he saw 10# right at redline. How quickly the car pulls through the gears and how quickly the power is there has to be the most impressive part.
Because of the gears in the rear end, I have not done any zero to wide open pulls. Everything has been on the highway, and gradually up to speed. I want those gears out back to get happy in their new home before I put them to work, as recommend by Matt.

I did get the chance to take the wife out in the car Sunday briefly when I got it home. Like I said I never pulled too hard on the car, but I got a good scream and grab of my right arm out of her. Best part was, her being a Camaro owner also (2010 LLT) after the scream was the huge ass smile and her going “Damn I want this!!!”

From a “per mod review “or “difference I felt for each mod” I couldn’t tell you. I wish I could be like well after the gears, I felt this and this change and after Meth I felt this and that change. Since the build was all at once, the car came back to me feeling 100% different, and it’s hard to answer specific question on the individual mods.

But please anyone that has any questions about the kit, the gears, the meth, the suspension, do not hesitate to PM me, post here, get my number and text me, whatever you want!!!

All I can say is so far, the build was from the ground up, incredible and probably the most satisfying thing I have done with the car!!

I will continue to post after each new experience, issue, whatever!!!
Glad to here all this, and congrats by the way Can't wait to hear more.
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #111
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
ZaBeast07's Avatar
 
Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hunter's Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent View Post
Glad to here all this, and congrats by the way Can't wait to hear more.
Thanks buddy!!! Looks like my club wants to start doing a "Club Fastlist" so it may be going back to Matt soon for some track parts hahaha
__________________
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #112
Fr3e4gent
 
Fr3e4gent's Avatar
 
Drives: 1LT, Very First LLT Supercharged v6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaBeast07 View Post
Thanks buddy!!! Looks like my club wants to start doing a "Club Fastlist" so it may be going back to Matt soon for some track parts hahaha
That's going to be fun =)
__________________
MRT 2.0, Hotchkis Suspension Springs, SS Rotors, SS Brembos, Braided Brake Lines, 20inch SS Rims, Nitto Invos, IPF Supercharger
Fr3e4gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #113
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
ZaBeast07's Avatar
 
Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hunter's Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3e4gent View Post
That's going to be fun =)
Definitely!!! I have never tracked my car, or any for that matter. So it'll be a competitive learning experience haha
__________________
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #114
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
ZaBeast07's Avatar
 
Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hunter's Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,301
Well it looks like I will be heading to the track Friday night to give it my best (and first) try at the 1/4 mile!!!
__________________
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #115
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaBeast07 View Post
Well it looks like I will be heading to the track Friday night to give it my best (and first) try at the 1/4 mile!!!
Good luck man! Please beat my 12.9. I beg you!
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #116
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,675
Good luck man!
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #117
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
ZaBeast07's Avatar
 
Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hunter's Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
Good luck man! Please beat my 12.9. I beg you!
Hahaha I can not gurantee that lmao!! It will be my first, so if I dont post results you'll know it was embarrassing. Plus the rims and tires may be a big issue...well see!!!
__________________
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #118
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
Good luck man! Please beat my 12.9. I beg you!


can't imagine why you'd say that

OP good luck on the run! Hopefully DA doesn't suck too much.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #119
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
ZaBeast07's Avatar
 
Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hunter's Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Good luck man!
Thanks!!!
__________________
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #120
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
ZaBeast07's Avatar
 
Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hunter's Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post


can't imagine why you'd say that

OP good luck on the run! Hopefully DA doesn't suck too much.
Thanks!! I will let you guys know how it goes and ask for your advice on how to get faster lol
__________________
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #121
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaBeast07 View Post
Hahaha I can not gurantee that lmao!! It will be my first, so if I dont post results you'll know it was embarrassing. Plus the rims and tires may be a big issue...well see!!!
Post them anyway. That way we can pick them apart and maybe even help you do better next time.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #122
Vader2011v6

 
Vader2011v6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 summit white ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,039
Good luck ZaBeast07.Is yours a manual or auto? Ive been having the hardest time with my launch or stuff breaking lolz.My car is now popping out of 2nd gear on its own.Hopefully I can get it fixed soon.
__________________
Summit white 2014 ZL1. Cold air intake,diablo tune,clear bra,apex springs,apex oil catchcan
Vader2011v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #123
JohnnyBfromPeoria

 
JohnnyBfromPeoria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,037
Pour a bag of ice over the intercooler first!

Just kidding. That'll get you booted.

John B.
__________________
12 LS M6, IPF S/C, ASA GT-5 wheels, VMax PTB
1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR
1987 Dodge Raider Turbo Project
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #124
blackTT600

 
Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 921
mist the intercooler with Ice-water before each run. should lower IAT's and make you more power.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #125
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club
 
ZaBeast07's Avatar
 
Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hunter's Creek, Florida
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader2011v6 View Post
Good luck ZaBeast07.Is yours a manual or auto? Ive been having the hardest time with my launch or stuff breaking lolz.My car is now popping out of 2nd gear on its own.Hopefully I can get it fixed soon.
I'm an auto
__________________
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.