Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #76
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69copo View Post
I'm still a little confused. Why has GM been so hush-hush with engine options? They keep teasing us with pics. But have yet to see one in action. When the mustang was being desinged and tested I kept seeing pics of it going through the paces. I love the new pics and am greatful for everyone we get but come on General, help a brotha out. We are showing up late to the party in the fisrt place, we are behind the Mustang and Challenger. Please step up the pace. GM just reported a 35 BILLION dollar loss for 2007, and is losing its grip on the 14% world market share to Toyota. Come on General let's get this thing on the road allready. There are people foaming at the mouth for this wonderfull piece of automotive sculpture. Please don't make me buy a Rousch. I can't bear the thought of it. We need our Camaro and we need it now. I can't stand it any more. I'm just going off on a rant. I'll wait and be quite and keep banging my head against the wall while screaming "I wan't it now, I wan't it now."

They have nothing to gain right now by releasing engine info, but they could lose a fair bit to the competion by giving it out too early.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #77
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
Well said i cant get over it looking so sweet in black omg it would be sweet if they had a pre pro bumble bee but i know that wont happen so my second color choice is just perfect.... for now mwa hahaha
Old 02-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #78
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
i didnt just do that crap o well
Old 02-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #79
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Your right. Sorry about the rant. I'm just tired of getting picked on by my non GM buddies. My neighbor just showed me his order form for his Challenger and my co-worker has an S281. All can I show them are the pics I (and we) find on line. While there out running around in there new muscle cars I have to wait and look at pictures. Now can feel my pain........
Old 02-12-2008, 09:23 PM   #80
ChevyMSU35

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3 Red Rock Metallic
WOW! Black just shot to the top of my color list.

I wish the watermark wasn't directly over the windows, I want to see how noticeable the B-pillars are when the car is black. Oh well, I shouldn't be complaining too much considering these are probably my favorite pictures so far.

I'm also not convinced that these pics show the fuel door on the side, but I can see where people are coming from.
ChevyMSU35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #81
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Looking better every time.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #82
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Looks great, but I'll be so glad when we see the production grille/headlights!

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #83
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
Your right. Sorry about the rant. I'm just tired of getting picked on by my non GM buddies. My neighbor just showed me his order form for his Challenger and my co-worker has an S281. All can I show them are the pics I (and we) find on line. While there out running around in there new muscle cars I have to wait and look at pictures. Now can feel my pain........
No doubt your neighbor will be waiting for his Challenger for a while. And after you get your Camaro, he'll wish he had waited longer!

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #84
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro10 View Post
No doubt your neighbor will be waiting for his Challenger for a while. And after you get your Camaro, he'll wish he had waited longer!
very much agreed!!!

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #85
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'Z28 View Post
oh, i bet it's a riot in the snow (provided you know how to drive in it)
Ask me one year from now, if it's snowing then, I'll be throwing snow around with my black BEAST Camaro to take it home!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #86
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
well look at it this way -- your neighbor will either:

>feel really foolish when you pull in with your new Camaro -- asking himself "what was I THINKING???"

or

>He'll trade it in at first chance and buy a REAL Performance Car -- the Camaro.

(not that I'm prejudiced or anything........)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #87
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
We'll, you can't blame us for being anxious to show up the competition.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:46 PM   #88
black34v6

Drives: ?????

did a little photo enhancement....(sharpening) on a few pics to try to get some better definition in them... that one above turned out best. the rest were blurry...but i can CONFIRM from working on the pics that there was NO fuel door on EITHER side of the car.

there were a few reflections and shadows that appeared to be circular in shape in the old location of the fuel door (but no fancy silver cap) -- so i cant confirm or deny that the fuel door is on top of the fender, but i will attest that teh fuel door is NOT on the side of the car. i'm pretty confident about that...
Old 02-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #89
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well look at it this way -- your neighbor will either:

>feel really foolish when you pull in with your new Camaro -- asking himself "what was I THINKING???"

or

>He'll trade it in at first chance and buy a REAL Performance Car -- the Camaro.

(not that I'm prejudiced or anything........)
I was going to post something like that, but coming from you, it sounds so much cooler.
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #90
smike07

I also would like to add, the new HEMI may as well be an exact replica of the GM 6.2. I don't remember which one, but I know I read about it a couple of days ago. Imitation is the best form of flattery, eh? Think about it, the Challenger is only sporting a replica of a GM block. How awesome do you thing the originators of that engine are going to do, when outdoing themselves? I'll see if I can dig up the article and post it for everyone to see.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #91
smike07

I know it's completely , but here's the website that shows Chrysler copying the gen. III and IV 'vette engines. (So I had the engine wrong--still... GM for this one.)
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ls3_page1.html
Old 02-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #92
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post

did a little photo enhancement....(sharpening) on a few pics to try to get some better definition in them... that one above turned out best. the rest were blurry...but i can CONFIRM from working on the pics that there was NO fuel door on EITHER side of the car.

there were a few reflections and shadows that appeared to be circular in shape in the old location of the fuel door (but no fancy silver cap) -- so i cant confirm or deny that the fuel door is on top of the fender, but i will attest that teh fuel door is NOT on the side of the car. i'm pretty confident about that...
I also noticed that. Maybe it's ELECTRIC or HYBRID or something?!

As much as I had to pay for gas this afternoon, I really don't think I would complain at all!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #93
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Damn it's pretty And yay, reverse mohawk!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #94
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by smike07 View Post
I also would like to add, the new HEMI may as well be an exact replica of the GM 6.2. I don't remember which one, but I know I read about it a couple of days ago. Imitation is the best form of flattery, eh? Think about it, the Challenger is only sporting a replica of a GM block. How awesome do you thing the originators of that engine are going to do, when outdoing themselves? I'll see if I can dig up the article and post it for everyone to see.
if your gonna look at it that way compare the Corvette C6 to the Ferrari 599GTB look at it for a while and you'll start to see a resemblance and the corvette came out a year or so before the ferrari
i'd say thats some serious flattery coming from Ferrari
(sorry about the image size)
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2008, 01:12 AM   #95
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smike07 View Post
I know it's completely , but here's the website that shows Chrysler copying the gen. III and IV 'vette engines. (So I had the engine wrong--still... GM for this one.)
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ls3_page1.html
that is an awesome article. One of the coolest things for me was when they were talking about using unigraphics and nastran computer aided design tools. That is the same software that I am using here at school! Lots of other really good things in there too

Oh, and the vette and the 599 are completely different . . . the vents on the side are switched top and bottom. And its a different shade of red.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:00 AM   #96
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Show me the production lights already... how long does it take to produce a light bulb? That sounds like the begining to a really bad joke.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:35 AM   #97
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
None taken, though I appreciate the thought.

I can't 'enhance' it anymore than I did....but I still see it........
I saw what you were talking about. Looked like a part of a circle there too...to me.
Quote:
I'm still a little confused. Why has GM been so hush-hush with engine options? They keep teasing us with pics. But have yet to see one in action. When the mustang was being desinged and tested I kept seeing pics of it going through the paces.
First, everyone has a pretty good idea what the production Camaro is going to look like. Ford and Chrysler won't steal ideas and implement the looks from the Camaro to their cars.....at least that would kind of look weird....and obvious. But, Ford did have the upper hand when it came to engines....why? Well, there was no competition. It's not like they had anyone to compete with in a HP war. Now, with new Mustangs getting ready to hit the roads, GM has a very good idea what they will be running and also knows their production registered curb weight rating. As long as everyone at GM keeps their mouths shut about engines, GM will come out on top in this HP war.....no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
I also noticed that. Maybe it's ELECTRIC or HYBRID or something?!

As much as I had to pay for gas this afternoon, I really don't think I would complain at all!!!
We're getting a hybrid/electiric Camaro?!?!?!

lol...this is exactly how rumors start.....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:48 AM   #98
maro&bird

Drives: ls3 ss
second picture in first post is defining "mean" ... just beautifull
maro&bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:22 AM   #99
Bomber Z

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
That one is mine!!!
Bomber Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:39 AM   #100
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103
you know how certain cars will always be around? continuous production without years off, say like the corvette which has been in production since 1953!!!!!????? or even the mustang since 1964!

this is the beginning (or i should say re-beginning) of the CAMARO!!!!! this car will be around for a long time!!!!!

EDIT: that is if CAFE doesnt have anything to say about it!

and i totally agree that there are not many other things they can reveal about this car before they HAVE to start talking about the engine......i just hope its sooner than later, so i can start trash talking, even if its with numbers.

mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote