Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

horizon670
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #551
Johnthegreat

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS black camaro
Did anyone put up video of sound comparison with or without this product
Johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:55 AM   #552
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthegreat View Post
Did anyone put up video of sound comparison with or without this product
For what? That's like asking to put up a comparison video of driving with the radio on and then off.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 05-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #553
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
I've had mine for a little over two months now. Still very happy I have this. 1 Xmas light experience about two weeks after installation. I leave the device plugged in 24x7.
This is the best mod I've done for my car so far!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #554
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
For what? That's like asking to put up a comparison video of driving with the radio on and then off.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

Word.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #555
Bugnut

Drives: Camaro
Christmas tree myself this weekend.

Simple start up an hour or so after a 20 minute drive. Just turned the key to start and woosh, all on. Shut down, waited less than a minute, tried again. Same. Unplugged Range, waited 45 seconds. One Missisippi, two Missisippi, three... plugged back in Range and started with no lights. Started and stopped wthout issue rest of the day. Consiously waited after first and second key turn before actually starting engine. Allowed radar detector and all needle sweeps to occur before full key turn. Although I don't think that really changed the pattern.

Also don't think any of this is consequential untill it adversely affects the car. None so far so, I'm not worried. If Adam and team have an update in the future, I'm sure we will all benifit.*

Car runs great with out that fart noise. Expecially with muffler deletes.

Mike
Bugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #556
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Positive results so far.

I have been testing the recent firmware update (# 3 I believe) and as of now all looks great.

With the original 2 firmwares I was able to replicate the issue at will, so far I have not been able to do it with this one. When I put the old one back in I am able to replicate it.

I've only been testing for a day so far and need a few more days but so far things are looking very positive. I will continue to update the thread and Adam on my results.

Felix
Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #557
Adam @ Range

Drives: 2011 Tahoe, 1971 Corvette
Quote:
Positive results so far.

I have been testing the recent firmware update (# 3 I believe) and as of now all looks great.

With the original 2 firmwares I was able to replicate the issue at will, so far I have not been able to do it with this one. When I put the old one back in I am able to replicate it.

I've only been testing for a day so far and need a few more days but so far things are looking very positive. I will continue to update the thread and Adam on my results.

Felix
Great news!!! I've never been able to replicate it - even by trying your method Felix, so this is a terrific data point.

Best,
Adam
Adam @ Range is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #558
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #559
Make It Faster

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
I just installed my AFM disable device and it is great to drive the 6.2L on all cylinders all the time. I was going to buy a programmer for the sole purpose of disabling dod. Since I'm not a techy person the programmer was instilling fear in my heart. What if I screw something up and can't recover the OE tune? Those concerns are gone with this device and the car runs great and sounds great. As far as getting in the way when entering or exiting the vehicle, I have not had any issues. I'm 6'6" tall and wear size 12 shoes. This is a must have device. Good job Range Technology!
Make It Faster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #560
craigk777

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/RS
Fart free since 5:30 this morning!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #561
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Its almost a month if not more since i got the 2nd firmware and no issues.

Offtopic**

Is there a thread that talks about the possible issues with the lifters that enable afm? Sorry my search does not work with my SG3.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #562
San2cci

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS (20k miles)
I have 2nd firmware: It has been over a month and nothing..until last night, "Check Right Tail Light" for about 3 seconds then it went away. This is the 2nd time it occured since the Range was in. The first time it said "Check front headlight" for 3 secs then went away. This never happened before I had the Range in. (I'm not worried about this I just wanted to let people aware to see if anyone else has seen it)

and then tonight I went to start the car after work and held the key in the start position and it wouldn't start for about a 3 second delay. Then it finally turned over. I then saw the "Service stabilitrak" message for about 4 seconds then it went away. Like I said it went over a month with no messages until yesterday and today on the 2nd updated Range device.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #563
CoolDaddy

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS L99
Have had the Range V8 for 2 weeks now. No issues until today. Wife texted me and said WTF is wrong with my car? The following issues presented:
1. Steering became stiff
2. Check Power Steering Light
3. ABS Light
4. Traction Control Light

I went to swap vehicles with her because she had my son. After the car was turned off and sat for @ 20 minutes, I started the car while leaving the Range device plugged in, drove about 5 miles, went into the mall for an hour, came back and started/drove home another 5 miles and no problems whatsoever.

Adam please advise.
CoolDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #564
Awdition
Home, home on the Range..

Drives: 2012 SS2
Quote:
Just ignore it for now, it just a communication error. Adam is working on another update, so you'll might as well wait for that one.

Out of curiosity, did you have the key in for a period of time prior to starting.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
yup - after several months this has happened to me too...original firmware though...and she still drives well! I would still recommend this product 100% but would like some help removing the annoying chime and (ABS) light...
Awdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #565
Awdition
Home, home on the Range..

Drives: 2012 SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awdition View Post
yup - after several months this has happened to me too...original firmware though...and she still drives well! I would still recommend this product 100% but would like some help removing the annoying chime and (ABS) light...

Well - all good now.

Range took all of three milliseconds to respond to my support request.

for me it was simply a case of unplugging and leaving the car for an hour, then restarting and plugging back in....

as I said before, I'd 100% recommend this over AFM!!!
Awdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #566
Adam @ Range

All:
We have a new version of firmware that we will release this week. It should all but eliminate this issue. There may still be rare occasions where it will happen, but they should be very infrequent.

If you have not done so - please send a request in to questions@rangetechnology.zendesk.com. Just to give everybody a sense of the problem, there are about 17 people affected and we have sold approximately 350 units. It's still a big deal for us to get this right (as you know) - but I just wanted the folks who don't have any problems to know that its unlikely.

Adam
Old 05-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #567
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

To All,

In my testing I found no reason to have to remove the unit at all. If you get the lights all you need to do it shut the car off and remove the key for about 60 seconds. The trick is to make sure and completely remove the key.

This will clear the lights and you'll be good to go!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #568
msp2887

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
To All,

In my testing I found no reason to have to remove the unit at all. If you get the lights all you need to do it shut the car off and remove the key for about 60 seconds. The trick is to make sure and completely remove the key.

This will clear the lights and you'll be good to go!
Would opening the door also help? Some of the electronics don't shut down until you do that.
msp2887 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #569
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp2887 View Post
Would opening the door also help? Some of the electronics don't shut down until you do that.
Not sure honestly as I never paid attention to that but am sure I've done it with both the door open and closed.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 05-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #570
funnyfuel

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Been using mine for over two months with no issues. I leave it plugged in all the time. Finally yesterday I saw what some of you are saying. Got in, started up the car and got ABS light, BRAKE light, and traction control light. Turned it off, unplugged the unit, pulled the key out, plugged it back in, started the car again, and now the lights are off. Weird. Other than that it works great.
funnyfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #571
droptoptastl

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Glad I came across this site. I just bought a Camaro SS A6. I thought something was wrong with it. Even set up an appointment to take it to the dealer. I will be ordering this thing asap. Just need to know the best place to order from.
droptoptastl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #572
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Metallic 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by droptoptastl View Post
Glad I came across this site. I just bought a Camaro SS A6. I thought something was wrong with it. Even set up an appointment to take it to the dealer. I will be ordering this thing asap. Just need to know the best place to order from.
Direct from Range with Camaro5 code should net you a 15% discount I think....

2013 CRT 2SS RS – Heritage Grille, CAI, ZL1 Style Splitter, Chrome OEM Wheels.
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #573
droptoptastl

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Thanks, what is the code that your talking about?
droptoptastl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #574
Adam @ Range

The code is CAMARO5. You can enter it at checkout.

Best,
Adam
Old 05-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #575
San2cci

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS (20k miles)
Quote:
Originally Posted by droptoptastl View Post
I did that; funny thing is the Chevy dealership told me it was the torque converter HAHA so they replaced it + all my fluids, etc (under warranty) and it happened again when I left after picking my car up. I finally found this site and realized it was the AFM.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote