Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #726
crazyhorse

Drives: 2013 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by k818mn1 View Post
I assume that adding an on/off switch that cut the power to the Range would allow Onstar to run its diagnostics. Trouble with that is I would never remember to turn it off. It would have to be switched power - maybe I could modify the OBDI extension cable to power the Range from a switched power source - would that work?
Good idea. I thought about that too, when they said "unplug the range like your radar detector", I thought "when i had a radar 20yrs ago i had it hard wired to switch off when turned car off"

Adam any discussion on selling V2 with the automatic hard-off switch that won't drain the battery?

Or what about a V4 that is a V3, but turns itself off after 3 days of not starting the car? The range has a chip, its a mini-computer right? So it could turn itself hard off after a (say 3 day) period of no use. No risk to battery, lights fixed 99% of time, everybody happy.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #727
Adam @ Range

Drives: 2011 Tahoe, 1971 Corvette
Crazy:
You should come work for us. Keeping the micro fully powered to count would certainly drain the battery.

Look, guys. We're not yokels. We've been doing this for 20 years. This is an exceptionally complex BUS and ECU. If this were easy, don't you think there would be 20 other options out there? This system has been out for 8 years!!

We understand that the potential for battery drain is not ideal. We are working to get something that is better. However, there will always be a small draw on the battery. It's just the nature of the beast at this point. We could put an on/off switch on the board - but then you have to remember to turn it on and off. We don't think that really solves anything.

The best solution is to simply unplug it when you are going to store your vehicle for longer than 3 days. If it's a weekend driver, just put the device on your dash. We have included this in the install instructions.

Thanks for the support!! These have started to fly off the shelves, thanks to many of you guys. We really appreciate it. We'll be supporting you at CAMARO5 Fest. Please come by and say hello!!

Adam
Adam @ Range is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #728
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam @ Range View Post
Crazy:
You should come work for us. Keeping the micro fully powered to count would certainly drain the battery.

Look, guys. We're not yokels. We've been doing this for 20 years. This is an exceptionally complex BUS and ECU. If this were easy, don't you think there would be 20 other options out there? This system has been out for 8 years!!

We understand that the potential for battery drain is not ideal. We are working to get something that is better. However, there will always be a small draw on the battery. It's just the nature of the beast at this point. We could put an on/off switch on the board - but then you have to remember to turn it on and off. We don't think that really solves anything.

The best solution is to simply unplug it when you are going to store your vehicle for longer than 3 days. If it's a weekend driver, just put the device on your dash. We have included this in the install instructions.

Thanks for the support!! These have started to fly off the shelves, thanks to many of you guys. We really appreciate it. We'll be supporting you at CAMARO5 Fest. Please come by and say hello!!

Adam
Great to hear your having strong sales, it's well deserved.

I guess my job is done, lol, but if you ever need additional testing let me know.

BTW- I still owe you 1 unit. I am away till Sunday and will put it in the mail early next week.

Fellx

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #729
SROD
THE ROD MAN

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS #631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam @ Range View Post
Crazy:

Adam
youre the man Adam! I do not mind testing them for you when I get back!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #730
Adam @ Range

Drives: 2011 Tahoe, 1971 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROD View Post
youre the man Adam! I do not mind testing them for you when I get back!
Stay safe!!
Adam @ Range is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #731
crazyhorse

Drives: 2013 2SS
Adam, sounds like it's time for me to quit researching and buy one. Thanks for your product, I wanted to return my SS under the Lemon Law. I swear it's an awesome looking car but like I said highway driving in my wife's 2004 Suburban with no AFM is better than dreading AFM coming on in my Camaro.

Adam you said we get firmware updates if you figure anything else out on the battery issue, which is great and I guess leaves me out of excuses for not buying one now.

What do you think of the right angle OBD2 extension with a "on/off" switch on the line for PIN16 (power?) as an add-on product sold separately? Prob sell a lot of them to people who don't want to mess with OBD2 in/out.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #732
Pflyn lo

Drives: 2013 summit white zl1
Ordered mine this morning and already shipped.
Pflyn lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #733
whitehorse

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS
Order placed. Goodbye AFM.
whitehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:09 AM   #734
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Finally got around to installing my stainless works retro catback and holy cow what sweet music to my ears with the Range plugged in. I'm still trying to flush the system of 89 Octane (All that was available to the dealership where I purchased the car). Fuse pull could wake it up more yet.

Anybody on the fence about this product shouldn't be, it makes the L99 come to life.
Warpaint69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #735
San2cci

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS (20k miles)
Goodbye AFM, Hello better MPG is what you guys should be saying! I increased from 10.3 mpg - 12.1 mpg since I got the Range. Which was around when it first came out.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #736
easttexas903

Drives: 2011 SS
What's the best site to order from? Is the discount still available?
easttexas903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #737
Ridgerunner916

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Great forum - I've been browsing for a while and just joined yesterday! I ordered the Range disabler 2 days ago and will get it by USPS today. I ordered from the Range Technology website and was able to still use the "Camaro5" code for the $15 discount. Good luck!
Ridgerunner916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #738
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easttexas903 View Post
What's the best site to order from? Is the discount still available?
Order direct form range with coupon code camaro5. That code is going to expire soon so don't wait to long.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #739
easttexas903

Drives: 2011 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Order direct form range with coupon code camaro5. That code is going to expire soon so don't wait to long.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Ok thanks I tried to grab the used one you posted but, it had already been sold . Thanks for the help....
easttexas903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #740
mudchick_alicia

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just placed my order.....I cannot stand the AFM sound!! I was going to get my car tuned but I think I will try this out first!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #741
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROD View Post
You guys are missing my point. I know how to use it and how its plug n play and all that. I am simoly stating that if there were some kind of video promoting this device. Something other than just on here and on a couple of websites. like I stated in my other post, try to get the word out or even do a little bit of advertising because I know that I stumbled upon this thread and none of my friends with L99 camaros have heard of this item at all. geez, whats the harm in that?
Just saw this,

I hear you, now from a sellimg stand point this product sells it self. Why waste time on money on a video that will show nothing more.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #742
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Over 3 months of continuous use and no issues for me. I keep it plugged in all the time (except 3 different occassions to test it unplugged briefly). My car is a daily driver too.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #743
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
Over 3 months of continuous use and no issues for me. I keep it plugged in all the time (except 3 different occassions to test it unplugged briefly). My car is a daily driver too.
What version do you have?
Old 06-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #744
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
What version do you have?
If he has it for 3 months I'm better V1.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #745
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Yup the 1st set/version. I'm one of the first batch of buyers.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #746
suzook

Damn...I should have went with my gut and had Adam send me v2...so I wouldn't have to unplug.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #747
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Damn...I should have went with my gut and had Adam send me v2...so I wouldn't have to unplug.
Adam still recommends taking it out if the car will sit for an extended time (same as V3). Remember Palmer as a V1 and his battery died.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you need to stop over thinking this and just enjoy it.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #748
suzook

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Adam still recommends taking it out if the car will sit for an extended time (same as V3). Remember Palmer as a V1 and his battery died.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you need to stop over thinking this and just enjoy it.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
I enjoy it every time I step on the gas! Haha....just a pain in the butt if I'm gonna drive my truck for a few days..I forget to unplug. I don't regret the purchase...worth it...no doubt.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #749
SROD
THE ROD MAN

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS #631
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudchick_alicia View Post
Just placed my order.....I cannot stand the AFM sound!! I was going to get my car tuned but I think I will try this out first!
congrats! nice car by the way!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #750
nicecamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by easttexas903 View Post
I noticed this one is a version 2. Would I be better off going with a version 3? I'm sure since I didn't buy this from Range if I had issues would I be stuck out?
How can ya tell what version you have
nicecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote