Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS A6
Question about how the Trans is commanded to shift

Problem I have is my trans don't want to shift from 1-2 when commanded to. Rest of the shifts are fine. In my tune for WOT 1-2 is set at 28mph and rpm 6300. But it's not shifting till around 6900/7000. So it likes to hit the rev limiter. Is there something else in the tune that tells it when to shift? The other shifts 2-3,3-4 seem to be shifting on the rpm but not 1-2.

I'm guessing it's hitting the rev limiter because it's pulling the throttle position to 40%, But I had the rev limiter set to 7200.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nitroman28; 03-17-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Who did your tune?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, RX CC, GFX, Subs.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
I have to command 17 mph in first gear. It doeant care about commanded rpm, on wot mph commanded. I'd drop it down another 2-3 mph and try it. Because I'm picky I also like to make sure the wot area of all the shift tables is set the same as the wot mph table.

Specializing in LS performance and calibrations.
Remote tuning, In-house builds, and Parts. Custom Grind LS and VVT Camshaft packages.
Ryan@gogwatney.com Aaron@gogwatney.com www.Gwatneyperformance.com
Home of THE Fastest Stock Displacement Naturally Aspirated GEN 5! 10.45@133.55
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
Rhino79

There is also a rev limit acceleration modifier that will " soft limit" before the 7200 hard limit depending on rate of acceleration. You can 0 that table out.

Remote tuning, In-house builds, and Parts. Custom Grind LS and VVT Camshaft packages.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
Nitroman28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
I have to command 17 mph in first gear. It doeant care about commanded rpm, on wot mph commanded. I'd drop it down another 2-3 mph and try it. Because I'm picky I also like to make sure the wot area of all the shift tables is set the same as the wot mph table.
Thanks Ryan, I'll give that a try, Going to have to wait for this rain to go away before I can try it..
Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
Rhino79

Lol. I know, I got stuff I need to do today and the rain is slowing me down.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
Problem I have is my trans don't want to shift from 1-2 when commanded to. Rest of the shifts are fine. In my tune for WOT 1-2 is set at 28mph and rpm 6300. But it's not shifting till around 6900/7000. So it likes to hit the rev limiter. Is there something else in the tune that tells it when to shift? The other shifts 2-3,3-4 seem to be shifting on the rpm but not 1-2.

I'm guessing it's hitting the rev limiter because it's pulling the throttle position to 40%, But I had the rev limiter set to 7200.

Sure that is not a ECM Torque limiter that you are hitting? All of these programs are now based off of predicted torque and if the scaling is not correct and/or you are above the predicted torque range it will pull throttle out. I see you have HPTuners, you can ask me for my config file if you want just shoot me a PM with your email.. You'll have to log at least these to find out whats going on:

ETC Source
ETC Commanded Pedal
Accelerator Pedal Pos
Fuel TQ Mngt Type
Spark TQ Mngt Type
Engine Torque
ETC Position

You'll see the ETC Source go from Pedal to Torque and it will cut back the Torque.

- Matt

We carry all the best products lines! Driveshaft Shop, Fore Innovations, American Racing Headers, Diablosport, East Coast Supercharging, Vortech Superchargers, Borla Exhaust, Magnaflow Exhaust, VMax Motorsports, Mantic Clutches, LG Motorsports
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Nitroman28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Sure that is not a ECM Torque limiter that you are hitting? All of these programs are now based off of predicted torque and if the scaling is not correct and/or you are above the predicted torque range it will pull throttle out. I see you have HPTuners, you can ask me for my config file if you want just shoot me a PM with your email.. You'll have to log at least these to find out whats going on:

ETC Source
ETC Commanded Pedal
Accelerator Pedal Pos
Fuel TQ Mngt Type
Spark TQ Mngt Type
Engine Torque
ETC Position

You'll see the ETC Source go from Pedal to Torque and it will cut back the Torque.

- Matt
I've still got your email, I'll send one over..
Old 03-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Shot you back a mail..

We carry all the best products lines! Driveshaft Shop, Fore Innovations, American Racing Headers, Diablosport, East Coast Supercharging, Vortech Superchargers, Borla Exhaust, Magnaflow Exhaust, VMax Motorsports, Mantic Clutches, LG Motorsports
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
Rhino79

For what its worth, I have to lead my 1-2 shift by 17 mph for it to execute at the rpm I want to shift at. Sure I have a shorter 1st gear, but mine tops 1st at 35 mph @ 6900 rpm.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
Tampa Tuning
Like us on Facebook!

Drives: C5 Corvette/ 2010 Camaro
Your not a low horsepower caramo, and the computer doesnt have a chance to react to how fast your hitting your 1-2 shift point exchange, plus your losing traction at that shift point which is making it spool faster and blowing passed your shift point.

Lowing your shift point on the 1-2 shift.

Read these testimonials :
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...20#post7838320
Follow us on INSTAGRAM #TAMPATUNING
www.TampaTuning.com
Camaro Corvette CTS GTO Tuner Tampa Orlando Bradenton
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
Nitroman28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Your not a low horsepower caramo, and the computer doesnt have a chance to react to how fast your hitting your 1-2 shift point exchange, plus your losing traction at that shift point which is making it spool faster and blowing passed your shift point.

Lowing your shift point on the 1-2 shift.

Yea I'm going to try and lower the mph and drop the RPM down about 600 and see what happens, Hard to test it on the road, will have to wait till I get back to the track.