Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
C Dot
 
C Dot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Front Fascia

Hello All,

I'm new to the forums, my apologies if this is in the wrong section. But I recently discovered a truck tapped my front lower bumper with the ball of their truck and it's such an eye sore. Was wondering if it would be easier to just replace the whole front fascia with something better (which was a thought to begin with) or to have a body shop touch up the damage and at that point install fogs after its fixed?

Also does anyone know where you can get custom painted bow ties? I've looked everywhere and plastidip just isn't cutting it for me. I ordered a vinyl kit in the mean time.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
C Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
TX_ED_SS
 
TX_ED_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 250
Sorry about the truck backing in to your bumper. May be able to get it fixed at a body shop. Lupe, with River City Lighting, does some of the best custom bowties. He's a sponsor here.
__________________
U.S. Army Retired
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #3
Raysmaro
 
Raysmaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Jose
Posts: 129
I think if your going to repair the bumper then just have the whole front bumper repainted. If it was me and i had someone bang into my bumper i would probably just upgrade to the SS bumper or the Zl1. Zl1 of course is going to cost you from 800-1200 dollars.
Raysmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
C Dot
 
C Dot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysmaro View Post
I think if your going to repair the bumper then just have the whole front bumper repainted. If it was me and i had someone bang into my bumper i would probably just upgrade to the SS bumper or the Zl1. Zl1 of course is going to cost you from 800-1200 dollars.
With purchasing a SS or ZL1 bumper what else would I have to purchase aside from that, example: grill, fogs, etc?
C Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
C Dot
 
C Dot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_ED_SS View Post
Sorry about the truck backing in to your bumper. May be able to get it fixed at a body shop. Lupe, with River City Lighting, does some of the best custom bowties. He's a sponsor here.
Thank you
C Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #6
Jrichards73
 
Jrichards73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 670
Mine is in for the 3rd time to be painted... It sucks. First the color was not even close, second time when they resprayed it the didn't break it apart, so it started doing it on its own ( hello the ground effects need to come off!!) So now they have to sand it all the way back down and start over... It still isn't going to match right because god forbid you do a few spray out cards and a little mixing before you spray it... PPG paint system has made painters so lazy, the color code has variances people, just try a little at least.

Sorry about your luck, my life has sucked during this whole process.. If they can fix and blend it in as small a spot as possible I say do that.
__________________
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
PalmerGA


 
PalmerGA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southwest GA
Posts: 6,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Dot View Post
Was wondering if it would be easier to just replace the whole front fascia with something better...
Just replace the whole car with a SS - you know you want it!
__________________
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99
CAI Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes
RX Catch Can
Husky Splash Guards
Heritage Grille
Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges
Emblem Pros Custom Retro SS Kickplates
Emblem Pros Under-hood Bowtie
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #8
C Dot
 
C Dot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Mine is in for the 3rd time to be painted... It sucks. First the color was not even close, second time when they resprayed it the didn't break it apart, so it started doing it on its own ( hello the ground effects need to come off!!) So now they have to sand it all the way back down and start over... It still isn't going to match right because god forbid you do a few spray out cards and a little mixing before you spray it... PPG paint system has made painters so lazy, the color code has variances people, just try a little at least.

Sorry about your luck, my life has sucked during this whole process.. If they can fix and blend it in as small a spot as possible I say do that.
Thanks for your input
C Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #9
C Dot
 
C Dot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Just replace the whole car with a SS - you know you want it!
Palmer that actually has been a thought of mine, basically what will seal that deal is if whether I will be deploying in Oct. which would give me a nice chunk in the bank (I am active duty Air Force). If not, financially being 23 it just wouldn't be the smartest choice to make currently, I was lucky to get the LS 2 years ago. Thanks!
C Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10
 
its a syn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy Green SE
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albia,Iowa
Posts: 3,244
If you were to go with a ZL1 front. Be prepared to get a crush bumper unless you know a good body man that can use the existing one. You will need fogs also and a harness if you want to be able to use all the lights.
__________________
its a syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #11
IAMTHEDANGER
The great ruiner of plans
 
IAMTHEDANGER's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central Louisiana
Posts: 151
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtVyEZymUFo&feature=player_detailpage#t=31
IAMTHEDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
bumper, fascia, front fascia ls

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.