Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #239
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
I finally got the car turned around so I could post some video with a little better perspective. The lights are definitely a new, fun option to play with on the car. It kind of give it multiple personalities.
That's AWESOME Thanks for sharing.

How easy did the install go?
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #240
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Super! Everything is included, right down to a couple specialty bits and every zip tie! I fought a little with the switchbacks I added at the same time or I would have been all done in about 4 hours.

Note: The switchback battle was a bulb anomoly. It was unrelated to the NightOwl system!

Last edited by chef-beavis; 07-03-2013 at 07:20 AM.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #241
Drottie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
I wrapped up the install for my JDP Halo upgrade kit from NightOwl. First let me say that the quality of this kit is astounding. The install was very easy, the video does a great job of hand-holding you through the process. IF you are looking for total control of your lighting, THIS is what you want. The programing of the different modes is easy and very easy to modify to get exactly what you want. More modules to control under car and engine bay are definitely in my future. Way to go NightOwl !
Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
MGW shifter
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Carlyle Performance 15" kit with Pfadt solid subframe inserts
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
Lighting controlled by NightOwl

2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009
CGM w/flat black stripes
Drottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #242
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Happy 4th everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHWA View Post
Any word on when kits will be available for those of us with halo's already installed from another vendor? I think we are needing the kits with SL modules.

Thanks
You can contact me directly. We will be starting to release these, but we don't have full production on it to handle a lot of volume yet. We also have a few of the halo kit users that have installed additional SL modules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drottie View Post
I wrapped up the install for my JDP Halo upgrade kit from NightOwl. First let me say that the quality of this kit is astounding. The install was very easy, the video does a great job of hand-holding you through the process. IF you are looking for total control of your lighting, THIS is what you want. The programing of the different modes is easy and very easy to modify to get exactly what you want. More modules to control under car and engine bay are definitely in my future. Way to go NightOwl !
Thanks so much for sharing. I'm glad you are enjoying it and thanks for the great feedback.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #243
HarryNW
HarryNW

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Black (LS3)
Was very happy to complete my full kit install yesterday. All-told it took about 3-4 hours and more than half of that was the LED swaps - those damned little torx screws are a pain in the ***.

Regardless, it was well worth it and I am ecstatic about the results. Will be posting to my build thread shortly with some evening video. I especially like the "Breathe" program.

Next purchase for me will be the LEDs for the Fogs - just seems incomplete with all that great color and white fogs. Curious what specific order would need to be placed to extend the install to include the 2 fogs? I have the Halo Kit + Harness + Grill Light

Great install video (comes with the package) BTW - nicely done.

What amazing quality in everything, from the components, to the installation, to the application and keyfob - very well engineered!

HarryNW
HarryNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #244
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Here is a quick video my buddy (drottie) and I made using our NightOwl kits. His 2011 SS vert is on the left, my ZL1 is on the right. We made it on July 3rd and shared it with our Camaro club on July 4, hence the red/ white/ blue lights! Enjoy!

Last edited by Deke736; 07-08-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Deke736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #245
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Cool,posted a vid on the other thread,http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post6762797

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #246
HarryNW
HarryNW

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Black (LS3)
Short video of the new look...

Lovin' it...

Any answer from the NightOwl team on my prior post RE: Next purchase for me will be the LEDs for the Fogs - just seems incomplete with all that great color and white fogs. Curious what specific order would need to be placed to extend the install to include the 2 fogs? I have the Halo Kit + Harness + Grill Light

Please advise...
Old 07-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #247
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
I need at least 1, maybe 2 SL modules...when will they come available?
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #248
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNW View Post
Short video of the new look...

Lovin' it...

Any answer from the NightOwl team on my prior post RE: Next purchase for me will be the LEDs for the Fogs - just seems incomplete with all that great color and white fogs. Curious what specific order would need to be placed to extend the install to include the 2 fogs? I have the Halo Kit + Harness + Grill Light

Please advise...
Looks great!

We would love to have some type of halos that match the factory ones, but we haven't come up with anything. There are RGB LED rings out there that can be controlled with the NightOwl system, but nothing that we've seen yet where you can't see "the dots".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
I need at least 1, maybe 2 SL modules...when will they come available?
You can contact me directly via email and I can get you set up. We have sold several to members already. We're just not ready for a lot of volume.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #249
chef-beavis

Roll call!

Any of the NightOwl peeps getting set to head to C5Fest 4?

Last edited by chef-beavis; 07-26-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #250
Picklez

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Talking

You can count on me... ive been working hard the last couple of days running over 27 four wire cables to the 6 modules. ... youll see me coming... lmao..promise!
Picklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #251
chef-beavis

WOW! I can't wait. Forecast is looking up, too.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #252
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Of course we will be there. Can't wait to see all of you that are coming, and can't wait to see your creations! I have a feeling that the cars with NightOwl systems will be a stand-out this year.

We'll be bringing our Black Ice camaro again this year, as well as a new NightOwl camaro that is still under construction.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #253
chef-beavis

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
Of course we will be there. Can't wait to see all of you that are coming, and can't wait to see your creations! I have a feeling that the cars with NightOwl systems will be a stand-out this year.

We'll be bringing our Black Ice camaro again this year, as well as a new NightOwl camaro that is still under construction.
My boy is gonna freak!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #254
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
I'll be there with mine as well. Finishing up a lighting project today in anticipation for the Fest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #255
RpdFire

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS
Hey guys I got min installed this weekend and they look great.

The one thing I did not like about the whole things was master module being in the center console. it is just awkward with the short cable and takes up to much space. So this is what I did.

I took a mini USB adapter from Powergen, similar to the one that comes with the kit, and cut it along the edges with a dremmel. Open it up and this is what you get.

The spring is the positive and tabs on the side are negative. I just de-soldered these and solder on some 14 gauge wire ( I only had one colors so I just put some black tape on the ground).

I added some quick disconnects so I could easily unhook it. A ring connector for the ground and a "add-a-fuse" for power.

Then used some heat shrink tubing over the whole thing. Get the good kind that shrinks to 1/3 it's original size. Got mine at harbor freight, it was labeled as marine heat shrink tubing. all the others only shrink to 1/2 their original size.

Now in the car just goto the fuse panel inside where you put the jumper in for the nightowl installation. The ground went to the black bolt on the dash frame and I put the add-a-fuse with the trunk fuse. But any that are on all the time will work.
Then ran the wires behind the vent and plugged in the master module. Now it is hidden out of sight all the time and the antenna is up near the window so it's a win win!

Hope this can help you guys out. I suppose you could also buy a 12v outlet or a 12v splitter and cut the ends and wire it. might be good if you don't have soldering equipment as there probably is room for that to fit. But I wanted to to be small and compact as possible so if I wanted to move it under the hood in the fuse box I could.

Last edited by RpdFire; 07-27-2013 at 11:13 PM.
RpdFire is offline   Reply With Quote