Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
jdanza

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS VR-BLACK
When you bring the car in for warranty work, do you get loaner car?

does the dealer give you a loaner vehicle while they fix your car ?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
Camaro's from Dave

Drives: chevy
In varies dealer to dealer. However if your car requires overnight work and it is covered by warranty. GM does make provisions for rental cars. Meaning that if it must be kept over night the dealer can arrange a rental car for you and GM reimburses the dealer
Camaro's from Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
jdanza

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS VR-BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro's from Dave View Post
In varies dealer to dealer. However if your car requires overnight work and it is covered by warranty. GM does make provisions for rental cars. Meaning that if it must be kept over night the dealer can arrange a rental car for you and GM reimburses the dealer
I guess they don't have loaner cars on their lots anymore ?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Well when they worked on my car for two weeks, they brought me to enterprise and paid for it. Also they do give out loaners for a couple hours.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanza View Post
I got a loaner car (not a rental) when they were working on my current vehicle a few years ago. Probably depends on the dealer. Either way, you shouldn't be stranded.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #6
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
4 years ago I got a rental from the dealer for a week. The dealership covered it...they have an arrangement with Enterprise.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
mine gives loaners
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #8
Scott Jones

Drives: Black 2010 1LT
When my dealer had my new Camaro in the shop for two days they gave me a brand new Impala as a loaner. While the car sucked compared to the Camaro, I didn't have to pay a dime.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #9
joepitt

Drives: 2013 LT2 Camaro, 2008 Enclave
Dealer loaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro's from Dave View Post
It'll probably be the base Cobalt or equivilent.
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
my dealer does loaners... only thing they ask is you fill'er up before bringing it back....
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:25 AM   #11
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
I usually wait outside the post office next door to the dealer and when some idiot leaves their car running, jump in, take it and use it for the day.
Then at the end of the day I'll drop it off (running) at the 7-11 down the road and wait for the next guy to drive it off.
Eventually it winds up back at the post office because these jerks don't shutoff their car and take the keys when they stop at the post office or 7-11.
So, its all good...

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #12
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
If I have to bring mine in, I'm going to want an loaner Camaro for the day!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #13
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanza View Post
depends

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
If I have to bring mine in, I'm going to want an loaner Camaro for the day!
fat chance

Locally, which is all I can say for...

Most dealers have rental cars and you can usually guilt them into it. It is a given on an overnight warranty job, yes you get one but if it is just a day job, they will give you one if you push the issue. I took the in laws Durango in for remote start and they gave me a rental... not a loaner. And free remote start but that another story... thanks Chrysler!

The local BWW dealer gives you a loaner. If you bring a BMW in for any service, even oil change, no matter how old or POS the BMW is, you get a brand new BMW. I think the only ones they don't loan are M cars and the 6 and 7 series. The rest the do, even the Z4.

My dealer does rentals, usually mid class GM. I had an Aura once and a Equinox once.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #14
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
my dealer is giving me a loaner this week, when i do the stripes, but I have a good relationship with them, I just hope its not an Aveo!
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #15
UCF w00t
Geek

So my output shaft broke (I'm assuming that's what it is). I just called (they're closed) and the after hours person said they don't give loaners anymore??????? WTF?!?!?!? They better do something for me.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #16
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
So my output shaft broke (I'm assuming that's what it is). I just called (they're closed) and the after hours person said they don't give loaners anymore??????? WTF?!?!?!? They better do something for me.
I beleive they are required to provide you with a car if the repair will take more than one day...GM Warranty would cover this cost, so I don't see why they would not provide it? It may be stated right with your warranty info

Most dealers I have used in the last couple of years have used rental vs. loaner, but the rental is either on site or they have taken me there (and covered costs, etc.) The Saab dealer let me use his demo for the afternoon while I had my oil changed and a reflash, but I am sure that's not required.

I know some BMW does give a loaner for any service even an oil change, but they usually charge such a premium for the oil change you're basically paying for a day rental...

A good friend with a Lexus went on and on how much better the Lexus dealer was because they gave her a loaner for the day with an oil change and when she picked up her car that afternoon they had a bottle of water in the cup holder...I was impressed until she told me it was $120 for a oil change...not even synthetic oil
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #17
coolman

Mind comes and gets mine at home ,leaves a car and then drops it off when it's done. Even for oil changes he picks it up at home or if its a work truck he comes to the shop and gets them.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #18
UCF w00t
Geek

Talked to the service advisor this morning and they're gonna get me a rental. It was kinda funny I was asking if I should come in with the wrecker and if they were gonna do a rental and he was like well we'll call you if it's gonna take more than a day and get that taken care of then I told him what it was and he was like yea... just come in with the wrecker. Then, of course, they get here this morning and it's a wheel lift and not a flatbed like I was told. Now I have to wait probably another hour before they get here.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #19
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
My local dealership will give me a rental for the day if I need it no quesions asked.

Sean
Old 11-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #20
UCF w00t
Geek

I am now the (not so) proud driver of a Chevy Aveo.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #21
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
Quote:
Ewww...Sorry to hear that :( I checked back to make sure you didn't post that they didn't give you a car...Hey at least it is a Chevy

You'll appreciate the Camaro more when you get it back...hopefully fast!

I have to drive a rental in Texas for a month til our cars are shipped...2 more long weeks...I feel your pain!
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #22
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
We have 30+ available at the dealership. Our policy is that they are available for any reason other than the quick oil change or collision repairs. All the customer needs to do is schedule it with the service advisor. Every dealer is different, we're the only one in the area with this service.
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #23
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherR View Post
Ewww...Sorry to hear that :( I checked back to make sure you didn't post that they didn't give you a car...Hey at least it is a Chevy

You'll appreciate the Camaro more when you get it back...hopefully fast!

I have to drive a rental in Texas for a month til our cars are shipped...2 more long weeks...I feel your pain!
Hah thanks. Apparently the deal that Enterprise has with GM dictates that the car rented to the customer must be a GM vehicle. I was angling for a Challenger but they shot me down :(. Since I'm going to be out of commission for a few days (maybe a week) I'm gonna try and find something a little better and swap it out.. This thing doesn't even have power windows/locks!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #24
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
That sucks! I joked with the enterprise guy about that but he said they try and give you the same "level" of car. In the 3 times mines been in I got a G6, an Impala, and a Mazda 3 (the Mazda being the nicest, LOL... but I dont think they are supposed to give you non GM cars as per their agreement).
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #25
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

Drives: 2012 ssrs
I believe I read some where in the recent past that is now GM policy that dealers are to provide loaners for most warranty work. Ultimately though, I think the dealer calls the shot on this one. Most dealers here provide loaners and ask you leave it with as much gas as you started with which is usually not much.

BMW also provides loaners but depending on the dealer, you can end up with a rent-a-car instead of a bimmer.
camarogolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote