Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #183
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997
 
PIPE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,040
Get an LEO to run the VIN number. They will be able to tell you where it is and who its owned by faster then anyone. They should be connected to the DMV database or can get connected.
__________________
PIPE
PIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #184
trm2
 
Drives: '13 Volt & '84 Vette
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
I'm really curious why the CarFax doesn't reflect that its been sold and is in Washington. Anyone know how that could happen? I REALLY doubt the current owner lied, but I dont really know how that's possible unless they haven't registered the car yet or something. It's just strange. No one on this forum or any forum I have asked has seen a car that is this distinct, and now the story is starting to sound a little weird.
The last report on Autocheck is from Zolfo Springs - 8/24/12 with mileage of 33,244 also. Nothing since then. Additionally, it does show only 2 owners.

Lets see if this is correct, it shows you got it with 4,079 miles on it. Is that right?
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #185
InvaderMoose

 
InvaderMoose's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: N/A
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm2 View Post
The last report on Autocheck is from Zolfo Springs - 8/24/12 with mileage of 33,244 also. Nothing since then. Additionally, it does show only 2 owners.

Lets see if this is correct, it shows you got it with 4,079 miles on it. Is that right?
Yes, but that's because the owner of the dealership would drive it around sometimes. He never really owned the car, he just liked to drive it a lot and it was on the showroom for a while
__________________

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #186
trm2
 
Drives: '13 Volt & '84 Vette
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
Yes, but that's because the owner of the dealership would drive it around sometimes. He never really owned the car, he just liked to drive it a lot and it was on the showroom for a while
I guessed that was the reason, I just wanted to see if Autocheck was accurate. You are right, something doesn't seem to add up here. No records for six months.
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #187
Abomb1223

 
Abomb1223's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,073
Im liking this CSI type thing we got goin. Lets get this thing back!
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #188
Scrappy Doo


 
Scrappy Doo's Avatar
 
Drives: Taylor Made M1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: W8n 4 Snow, Minnesota
Posts: 4,683
The plot thickens.

OP: I'd hire one of those firms to track it down for you, why not?

And don't let the crabbypants/attention posters bother you. And I think the attention from the thread is because it's interesting. It isn't another "I hate AFM" " thread.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #189
rare991

 
rare991's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Newport News VA
Posts: 896
Who's to say the new owner isnt lying to you.... it could still be in florida
rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #190
ALLTRBO
 
ALLTRBO's Avatar
 
Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by rare991 View Post
Who's to say the new owner isnt lying to you.... it could still be in florida
I was thinking the same... Only because Washington is on the other corner of the country and that's too convenient.
Or... they could be telling the truth.

Search for specific keywords on Corvette and GTR forums and see if the previous (or current, heh) owner posted anything about it that may give you a clue as to its current whereabouts. She was obviously a car person if the info about the cam & converter, Z06, and GTR was accurate, so maybe she's registered on another forum and just didn't feel like registering here. It happens. (You did search Camaro5, right?).

I wish you the best of luck, but just remember why you sold it and take that fully into account as to how much you want it back. I found a quote that might be fitting...

"Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days." ~Doug Larson
__________________
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #191
steel insane
 
steel insane's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smashin' Pumpkin View Post
If you have the VIN, try Carfax!! You will have to pay for the report tho!!
There's an idea... got any cop buddies? Have them run the VIN...
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #192
Sleez

 
Sleez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Willits, CA
Posts: 1,438
may have been shipped overseas!!???!!??

DOL in WA does not show the VIN as being registered there, they do show the VIN in their system, can tell what car it is, but it is NOT registered there currently!

spoke with a customs officer, she wouldn't give many any info on if that VIN was exported or not.

maybe someone knows a customs officer who may be able to get that info at least?

i tried!
__________________
2010 2LT/RS; 6M, ABM, Torq Thrust M w/custom center caps, Solo MachX-LLT, Blue Anodized Pedals, Barton Shifter w/UMI blue anodized pistol grip, Ported IM from Mace, 25mm isolator/spacer from Mace, Vararam CAI, Euro Rear Fascia, RX Breather Cap. SOLD 4/23/13.

Now have a 1965 Chevelle 4 dr wagon!!

Last edited by Sleez; 03-22-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #193
InvaderMoose

 
InvaderMoose's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: N/A
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
The plot thickens.

OP: I'd hire one of those firms to track it down for you, why not?

And don't let the crabbypants/attention posters bother you. And I think the attention from the thread is because it's interesting. It isn't another "I hate AFM" " thread.
Just might..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I was thinking the same... Only because Washington is on the other corner of the country and that's too convenient.
Or... they could be telling the truth.

Search for specific keywords on Corvette and GTR forums and see if the previous (or current, heh) owner posted anything about it that may give you a clue as to its current whereabouts. She was obviously a car person if the info about the cam & converter, Z06, and GTR was accurate, so maybe she's registered on another forum and just didn't feel like registering here. It happens. (You did search Camaro5, right?).

I wish you the best of luck, but just remember why you sold it and take that fully into account as to how much you want it back. I found a quote that might be fitting...

"Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days." ~Doug Larson
Thinking about signing up to NAGTROC and a few other forums to post this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleez View Post
may have been shipped overseas!!???!!??

DOL in WA does not show the VIN as being registered there, they do show the VIN in their system, can tell what car it is, but it is NOT registered there currently!

spoke with a customs officer, she wouldn't give many any info on if that VIN was exported or not.

maybe someone knows a customs officer who may be able to get that info at least?

i tried!
Oh man.. Thank you SO much for finding all that out. Really makes me want to hire a specialist or just maybe it isnt meant to be. I sold the car 7 months ago and its this much trouble to track it down.. Maybe it's a sign, who knows.
__________________

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs

Last edited by InvaderMoose; 03-22-2013 at 05:40 PM.
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #194
SIM Curly

 
SIM Curly's Avatar
 
Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Decatur, Alabama and Troy, Alabama
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
Just might..



Thinking about signing up to NAGTROC and a few other forums to post this thread.


Oh man.. Thank you SO much for finding all that out. Really makes me want to hire a specialist or just maybe it isnt meant to be. I sold the car 7 months ago and its this much trouble to track it down.. Maybe it's a sign, who knows.
Maybe it hasn't been registered due to winter??
__________________
SIM Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #195
stikSS
9691 & 97586
 
stikSS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS and 2LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cameron, NC
Posts: 2,814
I just tried through my DMV office... my office connects with DMV and HP. I'm gonna see if I can track down a HP officer and see what they can do.

Sent from my Apple sued Galaxy Note 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #196
GearheadSS
Member #63
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Forney, Texas
Posts: 2,060
Autocheck or Carfax won't show anything unless the car is registered, titled or inspected in Washington.
__________________
1969 Chevelle SS 454-4 Spd., Triple Black
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T-A8, Triple Black
GearheadSS is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.