Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

USA - California The Golden State

Old 07-23-2014, 11:41 PM   #1
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss
What Mods Have You Done Or Recommend?

I am trying to figure out what potentially will be next on my list regarding engine modification ' s or what might you recommend?

As is i am running

Kooks long tube headers
Kooks high flow cats
NGK spark plugs
Spark plug wire shields
ADM Racing cold air intake with race scoop
SLP loud mouth 1

In addition I'm awaiting on the arrival of
VMAXX Throttle body
Elite Engineering E2

I'm planning on doing a top mount supercharger that is smog legal although I know I'm not smog legal as is i want to keep thoes wondering eyes at bay.. The rest isn't an issue to me. What else can I do to continue to prepare for the top mount in the mean time?
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:37 AM   #2
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Hey bro wassup. How come you never replied about the local camaro crew?

I texted you and messages you here several times.

2013 CAMARO 2SSRS 1LE Metallic Inferno Orange. Turbonetics T76 Kit, Granatellis Spark Plug Wires and Performance MAF Sensor, Wilwood Big Brake 6 Piston Kit. Eibach 1 1/2 drop lowering springs. ZL1 conversion of rear diffuser with heat shields, Side skirts and rear spoiler matter black. Original GM Transformers edition AuTobot fender logo and autobot wheel caps and autobot stiched ARM rest . Inferno Orange interior seats and dash trim panels, red billet racing pedals , Black CAMARO fuel door with lock. Chevy logo speaker covers, and Camaro logo chromed door kick panels . GM MTX subwoofer box.
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
lbheat
SoCal HT5(COTW 3/10/14)

Drives: In circles until I run out of gas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
I am trying to figure out what potentially will be next on my list regarding engine modification ' s or what might you recommend?

As is i am running

Kooks long tube headers
Kooks high flow cats
NGK spark plugs
Spark plug wire shields
ADM Racing cold air intake with race scoop
SLP loud mouth 1

In addition I'm awaiting on the arrival of
VMAXX Throttle body
Elite Engineering E2

I'm planning on doing a top mount supercharger that is smog legal although I know I'm not smog legal as is i want to keep thoes wondering eyes at bay.. The rest isn't an issue to me. What else can I do to continue to prepare for the top mount in the mean time?
Optional stuff that most people go after installing a supercharger:
1. Fuel System- ZL1 fuel pump w/ fpcm
2. depending on which top mount maybe purchase a Big dual pass heat exchanger.
3. Methanol kit
4. Noweeds (not needed but makes car sound badass)

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Hey bro wassup. How come you never replied about the local camaro crew?

I texted you and messages you here several times.
I've been super busy brotha. Work work work. Took a promotion and haven't had time for much of anything.

Have you been going to the meets?
Old 07-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Quote:
I've been super busy brotha. Work work work. Took a promotion and haven't had time for much of anything.

Have you been going to the meets?
Ohhh yeah bro every weekend I been going to car shows.

So you still want to be part of a local camaro???

I been planing this big event for Super car Sunday . We just got a date for Sunday 9/21 it's gonna be bad ass bro.

You should join us I have 4 spaces available if u interested

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366095

2013 CAMARO 2SSRS 1LE Metallic Inferno Orange. Turbonetics T76 Kit, Granatellis Spark Plug Wires and Performance MAF Sensor, Wilwood Big Brake 6 Piston Kit. Eibach 1 1/2 drop lowering springs. ZL1 conversion of rear diffuser with heat shields, Side skirts and rear spoiler matter black. Original GM Transformers edition AuTobot fender logo and autobot wheel caps and autobot stiched ARM rest . Inferno Orange interior seats and dash trim panels, red billet racing pedals , Black CAMARO fuel door with lock. Chevy logo speaker covers, and Camaro logo chromed door kick panels . GM MTX subwoofer box.
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #6
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
this thread could be dangerous haha. Youre going to want upgraded injectors and fuel pump. Like said above a good bang for the buck is the ZL1 fuel pump with that you will need a new FPCM i believe adp sells them. As far as injecors i would go with injector dynamics 850s they will make bot your life and whoever tunes and builds the cars life a lot easier. You could also go for a nice blower cam. Cant beat that sound and hp
Old 07-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #7
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
What are your end goals? I know when I started out I thought "hey, 500rwhp would be enough", now I'm over 600rwhp (depending on the dyno) and still wanting more.

If you think you will ever want more, I'd do the following:

ID850 injectors
Squash return style dual fuel pump kit
Alky control meth kit (single nozzle)
CAM! A good custom ground blower cam will protect the internals by dropping boost and giving it a great sound.

If you are going with a Maggie, you'll want to get a smaller pulley. 3.6 is the biggest I'd run with headers. I'm running the 3.6" and OD cogs and I'm right at 10#'s of boost. (I'm not sure what the new style heartbeat would make or need, so all of this is subject to getting an older style blower.)

Depending on how agressive the cam is and how it's spec'd, you should be close to 675rwhp with this setup.

Have you done any suspension mods yet? If not you will want to start looking for traction adding parts now.

LCA's, toe rods, cradle bushings (or inserts), axles, etc.

Auto or M6? If auto, you will want to start looking for a torque converter once you figure out where you want to end up power wise. If you have an M6, you will want to start shopping for a clutch. Stay away from ACT unless you like frustration and a very stiff clutch pedal.

Like you, I wanted to keep the visual appearance of being smog legal so I went with a PD blower. I'm kicking myself for not going with an F-1A right now.

Good luck!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
What are your end goals? I know when I started out I thought "hey, 500rwhp would be enough", now I'm over 600rwhp (depending on the dyno) and still wanting more.

ID850 injectors
CAM! A good custom ground blower cam will protect the internals by dropping boost and giving it a great sound.

If you are going with a Maggie, you'll want to get a smaller pulley. 3.6 is the biggest I'd run with headers. I'm running the 3.6" and OD cogs and I'm right at 10#'s of boost. (I'm not sure what the new style heartbeat would make or need, so all of this is subject to getting an older style blower.)

Depending on how agressive the cam is and how it's spec'd, you should be close to 675rwhp with this setup.

Have you done any suspension mods yet? If not you will want to start looking for traction adding parts now.

Auto or M6? If auto, you will want to start looking for a torque converter once you figure out where you want to end up power wise. If you have an M6, you will want to start shopping for a clutch. Stay away from ACT unless you like frustration and a very stiff clutch pedal.

Like you, I wanted to keep the visual appearance of being smog legal so I went with a PD blower. I'm kicking myself for not going with an F-1A right now.

Good luck!
None of the parts I should install before getting the blower on thought correct?

Also,

I'm wondering if I will still blow a clean smog with all of these goodies though? I blew a clean smog with my long tubes on so I'm hoping the same will apply if I run a mild cam and all of the other goodies your recommending. As far as the suspension mods. I'm going FE4 with BMR sways, bushings etc. and I've got 315's in the rear with 275's up front now.

Thanks for all of the advice brother!
Old 07-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #9
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post

ID850 injectors

Good luck!
you just want want want want want over there dont you rick
Old 07-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #10
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
this thread could be dangerous haha. Youre going to want upgraded injectors and fuel pump. Like said above a good bang for the buck is the ZL1 fuel pump with that you will need a new FPCM i believe adp sells them. As far as injecors i would go with injector dynamics 850s they will make bot your life and whoever tunes and builds the cars life a lot easier. You could also go for a nice blower cam. Cant beat that sound and hp
From what I've read and heard everyone recommends that ZL1 fuel pump and the same injectors. I plan of having Cunningham tune the beast when it comes time. I know he does a killer job from all of the feed back on the forums.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #11
Nighthawk89

While we are on the suspension topic.. Would you guys recommend I go with GM FE4 conversion parts or go all BMR?
Old 07-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #12
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
None of the parts I should install before getting the blower on thought correct?

Also,

I'm wondering if I will still blow a clean smog with all of these goodies though? I blew a clean smog with my long tubes on so I'm hoping the same will apply if I run a mild cam and all of the other goodies your recommending. As far as the suspension mods. I'm going FE4 with BMR sways, bushings etc. and I've got 315's in the rear with 275's up front now.

Thanks for all of the advice brother!

I can pass the sniffer with my cam and headers. As long as the shop spec'ing the cam knows what you want and what they are doing, you can still pass the sniffer, but we will never have to because of the year of the cars.

I would do the cam and fuel system prior to the blower. It's great insurance and you can make sure any kinks are worked out before you put the blower on. Plus, if you do it all at once, you may not feel like you are getting your money's worth because you won't feel the same difference. Stock to cam was a 60rwhp difference. Then the blower added another big jump so I could tell the money was well spent.

I didn't go big enough on the fuel system so it will need to be redone. I went ZL1/FPCM and should have spent the extra $$$ up front to do it right. Or just been happy with 725hp.....

Live and learn expensive lessons. Always listen to your tuner/builder. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk