Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
GavinF
1BlueLT

Drives: 2011 1LT SE Imperial Blue
2011 1LT Limited Edition

I plan on keeping this very up to date and long term. You will be filled in about every little change that happens on this car. I'll start with a little back story about me and my Camaro. I'm currently 16 years old and I drive a 2011 1LT XM Package. This is a limited edition car with only 230 of them being made! I didn't know this at the time of purchase. I found this out a couple days later when I was trying to get more details about the wheels on my car. The XM package includes: "Unique" grill (which really is identical to a heritage grill), the spoiler (which is on most other camaros), the 21" wheels (They have a hurst look to them), custom floor matts, the stripe down the side, and a year of XM Radio. Now a little more about the me. Like I said I am 16 years old, before any of you freak out and say I'm too young, just give me the benefit of the doubt. I have loved cars for a very long time and my family is the same way. My mother has a 2011 1SS Camaro that I drove whenever I got the chance for about 2 years. I took better care of it than she did and it wasn't technically mine! My first car that was fully mine was 2004 Envoy XL with only 36k miles on it. I loved that vehicle, but it wasn't a camaro. I originally wanted a F Body, but it didn't fly with my parents. I looked and looked going from one car I wanted to another. One day while getting my moms camaro worked on we look a lap of the camaro aisle at the dealership and found a blacked out 1LS, and my mom jokingly said that it would be the perfect car for me. The game was on. After much persuading and convincing we went back to look at it. Got a salesman and went to check out the interior and it reeked of cigarette smoke. It was a no go from my parents. I then spent quite a bit of time looking for the perfect one, and this one just kind of fell in my lap. My dad loved the color and the looks so we had it brought down to a closer dealership. It was love at first sight, and I got it the next day. So now my goal is to just keep making this car my own. I am very happy and blessed to call a vehicle like this mine. I try to give back and help others when the opportunity presents itself. I can't wait to start modifying my baby and making one lean mean machine. Thank you for reading my short novel and enjoy the ride.
Attached Images

GavinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
GavinF
1BlueLT

My current wants for the car are
[x] LED Interior Lights
[x] Tint
[] Spyder Dual Halo Projector Headlights
[] 2 JL w1's installed (From my last vehicle)
[] Scosche Head Unit with 7 inch pioneer head unit (Also from my last vehicle)
[] Totally redo the audio
[] Cold Air Inductions CAI
[] Delimiter Tune
[] Ported Throttle Body
[] Headers
[] Paint Engine Cover and Intake Tube IMB
[] Paint the bow ties IMB to match the car
[] Resonated X pipe, Resonator Delete, Rear Cat Delete, 3 Inch tips
[] Blue Footwell lights
[] Lights in the door speaker
Old 05-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #3
Cheeyuhh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Awesome car! Great story! Let the modding begin!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #4
GavinF
1BlueLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeyuhh View Post
Awesome car! Great story! Let the modding begin!
Thanks man! I really appreciate it!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green SE
I had forgot all about that special edition. Nice find.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
CyberG11

Drives: 2011Camaro Cyber Gray
Looks great
Tinted windows, RX catch can, MRT 2 Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Trifecta Tune, Plastic dipped rims, foot well lighting, upgraded DRL, Ghosted side markers, LED interior and trunk lights, Painted calipers, Heads up display, Ported Throttle body, Air scoop, washer bottle relocation kit.

Up next Dynamat, amp and subs, Hex vents, Long tube headers.

CyberG11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
scottc
Central PA Camaro5 Club

Drives: 13 1SS/1LE - Veloster Turbo
Nice ride kid, love the wheels!! Keep it up
scottc is offline   Reply With Quote