Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Old 03-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
dltnjarrel

Drives: camaro ss
need an opinion. ss vs gc srt vs sts-v

Im been in the market for a few weeks now with no avail. The past two weekends ive been to over 20 dealeships looking for a manual ss with black leather... noone can find me one in my price range at over 20 dang dealerships... since ive got a little more time now. I was wondering which yall would prefer.. its going to be a daily driver play toy that can get decent fuel milage on the highway. You can also add 5.0 mustang and trailblazer ss in there as well... all opinions welcome (just please no rude comments or arguing)

Thanks,
Dalton
dltnjarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dltnjarrel View Post
Im been in the market for a few weeks now with no avail. The past two weekends ive been to over 20 dealeships looking for a manual ss with black leather... noone can find me one in my price range at over 20 dang dealerships... since ive got a little more time now. I was wondering which yall would prefer.. its going to be a daily driver play toy that can get decent fuel milage on the highway. You can also add 5.0 mustang and trailblazer ss in there as well... all opinions welcome (just please no rude comments or arguing)

Thanks,
Dalton
i have a trailblazer ss, but its heavily modified. Its not to to bad on gas, but its not getting what the camaro and mustang are getting. Anyways its really fun especially since it has the LS2 in it. I never drove it stock so idk how it is stock. The camaro i have a v6 so i cant help you there since my 1LE wont be here till the summer. If i were you and didnt need a truck/suv id go for either the 5.0 or ss depending whatever you prefer

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
need an opinion. ss vs gc srt vs sts-v

Quote:

Thanks,
Dalton
If you're looking at a SRT Jeep, don't compare it to the Stock Trailblazer. I have never seen one SS beat my friends stock Jeep SRT off the line or anywhere after. Mustang and Camaro are essentially the same performance with handling edge stock going to the Mustang 5.0 but once you add the 1LE option to the SS it more than favours the Camaro...
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
u can look in the sales section on forums and get a good deal sometimes.

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2012 CTS-V coupe
Just sold my 2006 300cSRT8 with Procharger making 643rwhp for $20k. Great toy that got 19mpg hwy and made its runs on 93 octane.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=0GyjncnhQVQ

And yes that's a GTR in the other lane. A pissed off GTR I might add.
cvp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
dltnjarrel

Drives: camaro ss
Thats sick^

Ive been leanin heavily towards the camaro.. but i keep seeing a guy in town with an srt jeep.. makes me drool a little
dltnjarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Thats sick^

Ive been leanin heavily towards the camaro.. but i keep seeing a guy in town with an srt jeep.. makes me drool a little
Don't get the Srt jeep get the Camaro. If you get a SUV get the tbss lol it's cheaper and has he sweet ol LS2 and they mod very well

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote