Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #154
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,099
Yeah Pete I rebuilt them with RB brakes boots and seals. The pads seem to be right. I'll have to search out some pics and verify.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #155
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Yeah Pete I rebuilt them with RB brakes boots and seals. The pads seem to be right. I'll have to search out some pics and verify.
Let me know what you find.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #156
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,099
Pete, everything looks right...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #157
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Pete, everything looks right...
Then bleed those suckers and take another test drive with the ebrake off
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #158
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,099
One thing. Is there a front and a rear to the spring clips out back? I know there was on the fronts.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #159
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,099
I noticed there was an x stamped on them like the fronts but the fronts also had an arrow.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #160
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I noticed there was an x stamped on them like the fronts but the fronts also had an arrow.
I don't think the rears are directional, but I am not certain about that.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #161
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,099
I looked at my stockers which I slipped off w/o messing with the pads etc. The X's are on the outside on both of them. All the pics I found were the same also. The ones I just installed had one with the X out and one the other way. They look like they are symmetrical. So I doubt that is it. Besides the one that is acting up is set with the X out or "normal". It seems it must be the bleeding. I'll switch the spring in the morning that is "backwards" just because I'll be in there when I bleed the brakes again.

I'm doing traditional "2 man bleeding" that should be sufficient right?
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #162
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I looked at my stockers which I slipped off w/o messing with the pads etc. The X's are on the outside on both of them. All the pics I found were the same also. The ones I just installed had one with the X out and one the other way. They look like they are symmetrical. So I doubt that is it. Besides the one that is acting up is set with the X out or "normal". It seems it must be the bleeding. I'll switch the spring in the morning that is "backwards" just because I'll be in there when I bleed the brakes again.

I'm doing traditional "2 man bleeding" that should be sufficient right?
It should.

The bleeders are all on top of the calipers, aren't they?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #163
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,099
Absolutely. I wouldn't make a rookie mistake like that.

I know you don't know me well enough to know but I've been working on cars for roughly 25 years now and I spent about 5 or 6 of them on the line at a Chevy dealer in the late 80's to the early 90's.

I'm new to many things but I got the basics down. I'm never too proud to ask for advice or help though. Cars have changed drastically in the last 15 years or so.
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #164
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Absolutely. I wouldn't make a rookie mistake like that.

I know you don't know me well enough to know but I've been working on cars for roughly 25 years now and I spent about 5 or 6 of them on the line at a Chevy dealer in the late 80's to the early 90's.

I'm new to many things but I got the basics down. I'm never too proud to ask for advice or help though. Cars have changed drastically in the last 15 years or so.
I know you better now than I did.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #165
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,099
All is well now.

I vacuum bled the calipers. The rubbing was the backing plate by the ebrake drum. Bedded the pads. I'll be out driving for a while. See you guys later.
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #166
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 5,154
Nice job. That is definitely on my to do list after my rotors wear out. I hope you don't mind me stealing the 1LE logo idea, though I would leave my calipers red.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #167
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Nice job. That is definitely on my to do list after my rotors wear out. I hope you don't mind me stealing the 1LE logo idea, though I would leave my calipers red.
Have at it man. I don't have a copy right on the logo. GM might though... lol

The swap is totally worth it. You might want to consider doing it sooner rather than later. You should be able to recoup a decent portion of the swap by selling almost new 1LE brakes.
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #168
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,099
So a few initial impressions.

After getting everything sorted out she feels great and the brakes definitely are an improvement. I want a week or two of some driving around town and hitting the highway.

I will say this though when you want to stop it happens RIGHT NOW!

I honestly feel like the car is just about how it should have been delivered.

It has the right brakes now and when I added the ZL1 skirts and the Convertible rear spoiler the look and performance is right now.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #169
ModBargains.com
 
ModBargains.com's Avatar
 
Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, Ca 90631
Posts: 2,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Few more pics...





New to the thread, hadn't seen it before, and I get greeted with these pictures. My god what a great looking brake kit. Congrats, it looks absolutely fantastic.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #170
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,099
Thanks man. It looks even better now that she got washed today.

I am planning on detailing her this Saturday/Sunday.

I'll take some updated pics after that.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.