Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Camaro Convertible Forum For all Camaro Convertible specific discussions

Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
mdstanle

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible Top Issues

Need some help getting an issue resolved. I bought this care last month 2/18/13 to be exact 4 hours away in Granite City, Illinois. I drove the car home (in the rain) and the next day the floorboards were saturated with water. I took the car to I thought was a reputable dealer in Owensboro, KY to get it repaired under warranty. They checked it out for a week and told me that the top needed replaced. They had to go to training for a week and he (the shop manager) said he would find out what all was needed and get back with me the following Monday. One week and two days after repeated phone calls and messages, I finally got a reply. The manager said they did not have the resources to repair it and I should find someone else to do it. WOW what a big help. It would appear since they are a Chevrolet dealer they could make some phone calls and find a dealer that has the experience and would be willing to do it. I have a Case Number in which I just emailed Chevrolet Customer Service to see what they could do about it. It sure feels like I'm getting the run-around here!!!! Been a Chevy man all of my life and never been more disappointed in my life. Does anyone know what do in this situation if Chevrolet Customer Service does not reply back to me? Thanks
mdstanle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Just go to the next nearest dealer, hopefully they can help.
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
In the words of Chevy Customer Service; "Let us know how your next service visit goes..."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235016

Search the threads here for info on the Water Management Bag. You'll find the TSB regarding the inspection and repair. There's a chance the leak could be coming from another location, but this is most often the cause. Any service tech should be able to pull up what has been done to the car in the past, and what corrective actions need to be performed based on the reported problem. In the link above, you'll see photos (very graphic in nature, LOL) that will show you how to tell if a new style WMB has been installed already.

The top shouldn't need to be replaced for a leak unless there's actually a hole, or a serious fitment problem. In most situation like that, it can be fixed by simply adjusting the top.

Good luck!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
mdstanle

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Oh, they said they found the problem. They said where the top right behind the small windows is suppose to go over a divider was not doing what it is suppose to do. This is allowing the water to go straight to the floorboards and I could reach in there and push them back out. They know what the problems are they just don't want to fool with it. I hope the Chevrolet Customer Service rep reads my post and gives a hoot. Pretty sad to pay so much for a car and get a response like that.
mdstanle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
mdstanle,
you need to find a dealer that has convertible top experience and more importantly 5th gen camaro convertible experience.
as Bodih, pointed out and based upon the year of your car, your water management bag and/or drain tubes could be the culprit.The water bag problem is a known issue.I have had mine replaced in june 2012 and so far seems to be okay.
Just so you know, the newer water bag is slightly redesigned to allow for better fit and drainage.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdstanle View Post
Oh, they said they found the problem. They said where the top right behind the small windows is suppose to go over a divider was not doing what it is suppose to do. This is allowing the water to go straight to the floorboards and I could reach in there and push them back out. They know what the problems are they just don't want to fool with it. I hope the Chevrolet Customer Service rep reads my post and gives a hoot. Pretty sad to pay so much for a car and get a response like that.
In post #27 of the link I gave you above, you'll see a picture of the issue with the WMB. This is located right behind the small back window. If the top is fitted correctly, its sending the water where it needs to. The wings on the old style WMB is what allows the water into the dry section of the car body.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote