Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #1
wayne watson

 
wayne watson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: loganville
Posts: 1,007
z/28

Who is considering either buying or trading for z/28 .I think its cool but for sure out of my range and will be interesting to see how long the special brakes would last ( not that we will see them on the street)
__________________
wayne watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"
 
el ess A's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 3,506
Although I could swing it financially, I have no interest in owning one here. I'm sure there's many who'll step up, though.
__________________
2010/2013 Camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
wayne watson

 
wayne watson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: loganville
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Although I could swing it financially, I have no interest in owning one here. I'm sure there's many who'll step up, though.
Oh it would be a awesome collector car for those who could because the z/28 was originally built for track to start with in 67 for trans am series but in today's market it will be interesting to see how big of a hit it will be
__________________
wayne watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
Hot Tamales
 
Hot Tamales's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mission, TX
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Although I could swing it financially, I have no interest in owning one here. I'm sure there's many who'll step up, though.
+1

I like the comfy features of my Z. That's plenty for me.
__________________
Hot Tamales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
Cam2011

 
Cam2011's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 2,056
Not me, I like the speed but I also like the creature comforts that are in my camaro.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #6
Fast/Furious
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Posts: 88
Id love to see one at a Cars & Coffee, but it really would be stupid to drive it NOT at a track.
Fast/Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
wayne watson

 
wayne watson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: loganville
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamales View Post
+1

I like the comfy features of my Z. That's plenty for me.
I wish I could've done that
Does anyone know if the z/28 is limited production or not and if they are can that be trusted?
Remember the 454 SS truck,I think they were supposed to be less than 1000 made and then didn't stop until 93? My uncle ordered one of the first in georgia, it took over 5 months until his order was approved to get this limited edition then they stopped production 4 yrs later
You have to hand it to f@rd when they have limited production they mean it
__________________
wayne watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #8
Q'smuscle
life with muscle
 
Q'smuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 4,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
I wish I could've done that
Does anyone know if the z/28 is limited production or not and if they are can that be trusted?
Remember the 454 SS truck,I think they were supposed to be less than 1000 made and then didn't stop until 93? My uncle ordered one of the first in georgia, it took over 5 months until his order was approved to get this limited edition then they stopped production 4 yrs later
You have to hand it to f@rd when they have limited production they mean it
Limited production? yes! it only really seems like GM will stick to limited because the new 2016 camaros will be out. That will be smaller and on a whole different platform . Supposedly!
__________________
Chevy's nothing Else matters
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #9
wayne watson

 
wayne watson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: loganville
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Limited production? yes! it only really seems like GM will stick to limited because the new 2016 camaros will be out. That will be smaller and on a whole different platform . Supposedly!
Is that suposesed to be the new bumblebee design if so I like it but not enough better than what I got to trade
__________________
wayne watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #10
LimaCharlie


 
LimaCharlie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,704
If I had the money and time to race at road course/autocross events on a regular basis, I would seriously consider the Z/28. I wouldn't get the car as a daily driver. It could be used as a DD but that's not what GM intended the Z/28 to be...
__________________
2011 Summit White Camaro 1SS/RS
-6.2 LS3, TR6060, 3.45, G80

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #11
Q'smuscle
life with muscle
 
Q'smuscle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Riverside,ca
Posts: 4,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
Is that suposesed to be the new bumblebee design if so I like it but not enough better than what I got to trade
No but might be a few cues for what's to come. I don't care for the new Bumblebee . But hey, someone will!
__________________
Chevy's nothing Else matters
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #12
Cheveey57

 
Cheveey57's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,425
Was getting one until they did the refresh, hopefully they don't ruin the next gen and I can get one then.
__________________
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Cheveey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #13
Blue10CamaroSS
454 RWHP 448 TQ
 
Blue10CamaroSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Brunswick, New Jersey
Posts: 2,453
for $75,000 I can get a fully loaded brand new Corvette Stingray with all the options the Z/28 will not have.

Not taking away from what a great track car the Z/28 will be but just not a practical choice in my opinion.

We've already got a Corvette 427 in the driveway as is with the LS7 engine, and the new Stingray with the LT1 with 460 HP is putting up identical numbers as the 505 HP 427 we have.
__________________
Blue10CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:03 AM   #14
razorz28
 
razorz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Rubicon, 2014 Camaro Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Abbotsford B.C. Canada
Posts: 464
Why does everyone keep saying we won't see these cars on the road. I plan on buying and driving it as much as possible.
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #15
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"
 
el ess A's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 3,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorZL1 View Post
Why does everyone keep saying we won't see these cars on the road. I plan on buying and driving it as much as possible.
Unless you're going to drive it to an event or I come up to Canada, it's likely I won't see yours on the road.
__________________
2010/2013 Camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #16
68vert
 
68vert's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
Who is considering either buying or trading for z/28 .I think its cool but for sure out of my range and will be interesting to see how long the special brakes would last ( not that we will see them on the street)
GM has warned us. "Not a daily driver." I hope no one trades their current Camaro DD in for a Z/28, unless they are fully aware of how different it will be. Spring rates that are around 80% stiffer, tires that will eat themselves in 5K miles (if lucky)....etc.

I think I read that the brake rotors will last quite a while, otoh the pads will probably wear in no time. A Corvette ZR1 owner could answer that.

Unless I hate the new design, I plan on getting a 6th gen 1LE.
__________________
2010 SIM SS/RS see garage for mods
68vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #17
mkorgan
 
Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sanford, Fl
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
GM has warned us. "Not a daily driver." I hope no one trades their current Camaro DD in for a Z/28, unless they are fully aware of how different it will be. Spring rates that are around 80% stiffer, tires that will eat themselves in 5K miles (if lucky)....etc.

I think I read that the brake rotors will last quite a while, otoh the pads will probably wear in no time. A Corvette ZR1 owner could answer that.

Unless I hate the new design, I plan on getting a 6th gen 1LE.
not to start an argument but can you point me to where Chevy has said what you are claiming?
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.