Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #188
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo
 
scubadoo7's Avatar
 
Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfax Station Va.
Posts: 864
My guess for the base Z/28 is 57K
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #189
Wizard1183

 
Wizard1183's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lafayette,LA
Posts: 1,447
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Sooooo, the car should $44,995? So basically it should list for what a loaded 1LE lists for but have $25k in extra equipment for free.
They didn't NEED carbon ceramic brakes. Nor the recaro racing seats. No one asked for that, and regular seats and zl1 brakes would've been sufficient no? It'd perform basically the same. Eliminate that and how much are you saving? Where would the price be??? Thank you!
__________________


Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #190
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW
 
aquablueL99's Avatar
 
Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chalmers, Indiana
Posts: 1,648
I guess $52,995....the first one.....North of $1 million....and Rick Hendrick will get that one too...."Big Deal"....

Kurt ABL99...
__________________
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #191
GearheadSS
Member #63
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Forney, Texas
Posts: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
They didn't NEED carbon ceramic brakes. Nor the recaro racing seats. No one asked for that, and regular seats and zl1 brakes would've been sufficient no? It'd perform basically the same. Eliminate that and how much are you saving? Where would the price be??? Thank you!
Says YOU. YOU don't think it needed carbon brakes. Guess what, I'm not going to be able to afford one but I think it's awesome that they're offering the car that way. Obviously it wouldn't have been sufficient since those brakes help significantly in being able to be 3 seconds faster than a ZL1. And the seats? For a track car the stock seats suck. Anyone doing serious racing would rip the stock seats out so they did right in making the Recaros standard. Out of the box with no modifications, this car will outperform almost anything offered for less than $100k.

Bottom line is that GM doesn't care if you're not going to buy this car because someone else will. If there's not a Camaro out there to fit your needs then you obviously only care about the badge and not performance.
__________________
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #192
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 8,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
While it is nice to guess the MSRP and observe the guess that are falling in the $40K to $80K range, we need to be careful of guessing too high.

GM may see us as potential customers and think that we are will to pay $80K for it!
I bet they would sell every one of them at 80k.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #193
WLNY
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I bet they would sell every one of them at 80k.
I actually think they can get close to 100k for it. I would still buy one. To me this car would compete with the GT-R, Viper and 911 Turbo. I don't think this car is intended for the SS guys looking to trade up. I think Chevy is heading up market and this is the new halo car in the Camaro lineup.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #194
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 8,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLNY View Post
I actually think they can get close to 100k for it. I would still buy one. To me this car would compete with the GT-R, Viper and 911 Turbo. I don't think this car is intended for the SS guys looking to trade up. I think Chevy is heading up market and this is the new halo car in the Camaro lineup.
Wonder if they'll post times over at the ring for this car. If it kicks ass over there the price could easily make 100k.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #195
IOMZL1

 
IOMZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 1991 Z28; 2008 SRT 10 Viper Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
They didn't NEED carbon ceramic brakes. Nor the recaro racing seats. No one asked for that, and regular seats and zl1 brakes would've been sufficient no? It'd perform basically the same. Eliminate that and how much are you saving? Where would the price be??? Thank you!
Last time I checked everyone on the ZL1 forums was asking for Recaro seats. I was. I also wanted the carbon rotors.
__________________


Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance, prejudice, and fear walk hand in hand...

http://dougshelbyengineering.com/Viper.html

https://www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #196
Dinosoar
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
I'd say $49,995
Ditto on this estimate. The car's got expensive brakes, but is de-contented enough. My best guess on marketing is below the ZL1 at around the FORMER BOSS 302 price. Although, Chevy doesn't have to compete with that anymore...which is good for Ford (and I'm a Ford guy).
Dinosoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #197
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Wonder if they'll post times over at the ring for this car. If it kicks ass over there the price could easily make 100k.
GM says 3 seconds faster than the ZL1 on the "track" that is the result of demb brakes... no way THIS car sells for under 65K. And THAT may be wishful thinking. The factory hand builds about only 30 LS7s a day.

Oh and removing content ADDs cost!!

tramtwo posted this on the go
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #198
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Says YOU. YOU don't think it needed carbon brakes. Guess what, I'm not going to be able to afford one but I think it's awesome that they're offering the car that way. Obviously it wouldn't have been sufficient since those brakes help significantly in being able to be 3 seconds faster than a ZL1. And the seats? For a track car the stock seats suck. Anyone doing serious racing would rip the stock seats out so they did right in making the Recaros standard. Out of the box with no modifications, this car will outperform almost anything offered for less than $100k.

Bottom line is that GM doesn't care if you're not going to buy this car because someone else will. If there's not a Camaro out there to fit your needs then you obviously only care about the badge and not performance.
+1

THIS car will be embarrassing A LOT of cars costing way more than 100k!!

tramtwo posted this on the go
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #199
avcbm
 
avcbm's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville (area), FL
Posts: 258
If the 5th gen Z28 is going to be priced high, how much do you think the 6th gen will be.....the Z28 might be forever out of the price range for most .... i don't see prices coming down
__________________
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #200
brt3
Runs with scissors...
 
brt3's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,443
Despite all the speculation, I still believe the Z/28 will be priced below the ZL1. If the ZL1 MSRP starts at $54,350 then I don't think the Z/28 will be over $52,000. It is really hard to speculate about a limited production "halo car" that is only being built to make a statement. Oh sure, it will make Chevy fans happy, but this car is all about throwing down the gauntlet -- to Ford and others. As such, there may be a strong incentive to hold the price down...
__________________
brt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #201
SilverIceman

 
SilverIceman's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 965
Agree with those saying MSRP will be more than the ZL1. Don't know what their plans are for the ZL1, but I'd say the current version is done. Seriously, who would order one when the Z/28 is faster, lighter, newer and has an engine with way more build potential. They'll have to up the hp in the ZL1 by another hundred to get people to pay more than the Z/28.
__________________
Built and tuned by Cincy Speed

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:18 AM   #202
KarFan
 
KarFan's Avatar
 
Drives: CARS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
If the 5th gen Z28 is going to be priced high, how much do you think the 6th gen will be.....the Z28 might be forever out of the price range for most .... i don't see prices coming down
It would certainly seem that GM has chosen to honor the Z/28 by getting back to the spirit of it's roots for all out performance. I would tend to agree that GM is setting a precedence at the tail end of the 5th Gen Camaro that the Z/28 moniker will only be on the highest performance road going Camaro that they offer. I wouldn't see that changing in Gen 6.

With the advent of the SS, ZL1 and now 1LE GM has broadened the Camaro market for all enthusiasts and left the Z/28 plenty of room at the top to be the halo showcase for GM performance in a pony car.

And really that's the way it should be.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #203
sykb47l
 
sykb47l's Avatar
 
Drives: 73' VW Bug
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Agree with those saying MSRP will be more than the ZL1. Don't know what their plans are for the ZL1, but I'd say the current version is done. Seriously, who would order one when the Z/28 is faster, lighter, newer and has an engine with way more build potential. They'll have to up the hp in the ZL1 by another hundred to get people to pay more than the Z/28.
You have to remember its a track car. People that think this way are in for a rude awakening when they try to daily drive the car for a couple of months. The ZL1 is still the best Camaro for MOST drivers out there. I think we will see more (percentage wise) Z28's up for sale than any other model from buyers that "cant take it anymore". Lack of comfort features, stiff ride, expensive tires, noise....

Even though the Z28 is faster the ZL1 is still the better choice for drivers. Track stars Z28....
__________________
sykb47l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #204
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Despite all the speculation, I still believe the Z/28 will be priced below the ZL1. If the ZL1 MSRP starts at $54,350 then I don't think the Z/28 will be over $52,000. It is really hard to speculate about a limited production "halo car" that is only being built to make a statement. Oh sure, it will make Chevy fans happy, but this car is all about throwing down the gauntlet -- to Ford and others. As such, there may be a strong incentive to hold the price down...
Chevrolet itself has already said the Z28 will be priced higher the ZL1, sorry.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.