Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #222
silverds
2015 SS 6M
 
silverds's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
You read that wrong. The Z06 Carbon is 3 seconds faster than a standard Z06, not the ZR1.
You're absolutely right. I did read that wrong. I got so excited about the coincidental "3 seconds faster" claim, and the specified track, I misquoted the article and then I strenuously proved that I misread it aswell.

Still if a base Z06 IS $74,000 and the 3 seconds faster Carbon Edition is $107, 000. That gives a pretty good idea what a premium the Z28 might demand over the Camaro SS or even the ZL1.
__________________

Last edited by silverds; 03-29-2013 at 09:55 PM.
silverds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #223
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ1 View Post
Really??? I'm willing to bet the new Porsche GT3 991 will whip the Z28's arse on any road course. Funny thing is the GT3 has all the creature comforts AC, awesome stereo, navigation. Not to mention one of the fastest shifting transmissions on the planet. Good look beating that with any camaro.
Not sure what your point is. A ZR1 will beat a Z28 around any road course s well and the ZR1 has all the amenities that the Porsche has (interior refinement not withstanding )

No one ever said this was the greates road race car ever. But it will kick the snot out of it's competition from Ford and Fiat.

Also, not sure why everyone is saying the Z28 is faster than the ZL1. It might be on the track, but I'm guessing the 80 hp will make the ZL1 slightly faster in the 1/4 mile. But we'll have to wait and see on that.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #224
LimaCharlie


 
LimaCharlie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,837
$64,950
Anyone saying it will be under $50K is crazy. The LS7 is not a cheap engine. The carbon ceramic brakes will add some $$$ too. GM needs to price this car high anyways to make a decent profit from it. I don't see the Z28 selling particularly well.......because it is a track based car, not a comfortable driver. Most people want a car they can live with daily. I love the idea of this car, but it will attract certain people.
__________________
2011 Summit White Camaro 1SS/RS
-6.2 LS3, TR6060, 3.45, G80

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

Last edited by LimaCharlie; 03-29-2013 at 10:15 PM.
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #225
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Z06?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ1 View Post
Really??? I'm willing to bet the new Porsche GT3 991 will whip the Z28's arse on any road course. Funny thing is the GT3 has all the creature comforts AC, awesome stereo, navigation. Not to mention one of the fastest shifting transmissions on the planet. Good look beating that with any camaro.
Really??? No really???
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #226
Jer4251
Camaro Addict
 
Jer4251's Avatar
 
Drives: too many
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 912
Posts: 1,240
I'd say in the ballpark of 65k, and hopefully not much more for my sake!
__________________
2013 ZL1 Vert
1990 IROC-Z Vert
1996 SS Vert #1468
1991 Z28
2014 Sierra Denali
Jer4251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #227
silverds
2015 SS 6M
 
silverds's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
I love the idea of this car, but it will attract certain people.


Sorry. I had to.
__________________
silverds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #228
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,857
,,,after much soul searching, product review, and getting off the denial bandwagon....it's going to be in a Z06 range, whatever that will be....ballpark 64,995 Simolians...
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:55 AM   #229
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER
 
pumpkinrancho's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2ssrs,2013 zl1,67&69 allcoupes
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SE. WYO & Northern CO, W NEB
Posts: 1,192
This may sound crazy, however I feel that its going to be just a hair under $75k. Zl1 $59k plus 6500 for ls7 upcharge, plus another 6500 for the frickin awesome brakes, plus another 3 or so for the seats. Less 1500 for no audio. $72595
__________________
pumpkinrancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #230
cbass

 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho View Post
This may sound crazy, however I feel that its going to be just a hair under $75k. Zl1 $59k plus 6500 for ls7 upcharge, plus another 6500 for the frickin awesome brakes, plus another 3 or so for the seats. Less 1500 for no audio. $72595
Yes, that does sound crazy. That's Z06 price. I guess they could price a camaro the same as a Z06 corvette, but I don't see it being that high.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:31 AM   #231
Brian 1LE SS
 
Drives: 98 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Not sure what your point is. A ZR1 will beat a Z28 around any road course s well and the ZR1 has all the amenities that the Porsche has (interior refinement not withstanding )

No one ever said this was the greates road race car ever. But it will kick the snot out of it's competition from Ford and Fiat.

Also, not sure why everyone is saying the Z28 is faster than the ZL1. It might be on the track, but I'm guessing the 80 hp will make the ZL1 slightly faster in the 1/4 mile. But we'll have to wait and see on that.
You guys no how to read? GM themselves said the Z28 is faster than a ZL1 on a road course and since its 300lbs lighter it will give it a good run on the dragstrip as well.
__________________
98 Camaro SS M6, a few mods
13 Ram R/T, tow vehicle
6th gen??
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:06 AM   #232
Squillo

 
Squillo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,172
I can't imagine paying 75K for a stripped down Camaro with an LS7 motor. It just doesn't make sense.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:14 AM   #233
Stingray23
 
Stingray23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Ford SVT Raptor
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post


Sorry. I had to.

Stingray23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #234
Thrillz


 
Thrillz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,559
There is a lot of things i really love about the 2014 Z28 but here is my concern. I'm willing to bet its going to be well over 60k here in Canada add in tax's and freight you have over 70k invested in a Camaro. Correct me if im wrong but aren't these type of cars at any trim level including the Z28 suppose to be a average working mans car not just for the upper middle class or higher. Last time i checked that's a lot of money for the average folk. Did i miss something here or am i out of line.
__________________
Quote of the year, from 6.1hemi:
"I just wanted to type some junk cause I am having some beers and I really like cars."
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #235
WLNY
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
There is a lot of things i really love about the 2014 Z28 but here is my concern. I'm willing to bet its going to be well over 60k here in Canada add in tax's and freight you have over 70k invested in a Camaro. Correct me if im wrong but aren't these type of cars at any trim level including the Z28 suppose to be a average working mans car not just for the upper middle class or higher. Last time i checked that's a lot of money for the average folk. Did i miss something here or am i out of line.
Chevy is trying to move up in the market place. It's tough to produce a lot of cheap cars and make money. I think they want to leave the average folk market over time or at least make it a smaller part of their business.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #236
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,606
The tires alone are $3k. The wheels have to be $6k. This car has to be over $60k. Only true track enthusiasts are going to buy it. It's NOT a street status cruiser. This car is going to dominate on the track.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #237
87GNX

 
87GNX's Avatar
 
Drives: Alot
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Norcalifas
Posts: 1,336
70k ..bottom line
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #238
ace2777
 
ace2777's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Orange
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 383
These are crazy numbers. Makes the 35k I spent on my 2010 ss seem like a bargain. Add 15k of mods and still a steal.
__________________
IOM 2SS / RS / LS3 / IO INTERIOR

VORTECH V3 SI SUPERCHARGER
JRE UPGRADE KIT
AMERICAN RACING HEADERS
SOLO MACH-X CAT BACK EXHAUST
JRE CUSTOM TUNE
EIBACH PRO SPRINGS AND SWAYS
CATCH CAN
604 RWHP / 547 TQ
ace2777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.