Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Old 03-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
misc. ???

I read in one of these reviews there is no launch control??? Why? Isn’t that just a software mode? If so too bad..would have helped on launch in slightly sandy parking lot autox out here.

The brake fluid that comes in the car is not good enough as per someone who actually knows. I always used AP super 600 but I think this is a punt…it should have the best IN the car at delivery.

Are there brake ducts under that car or something that channels the air on to the caliper or just the wheel?

Wicker bill should be in a bag with the car so install it or put it on ebay…absurd you have to buy this as it is on all the test cars.

No spare tire and no way of even holding one down? Can a space saver be used to limp somewhere?

Recaros have shoulder belt slits but not sub stap slits???…so I have to sit on 2 sub belts???…punt.

0-60 in 4.4???…i thought 4.0 at least.

Is there a water trap in the hood vent or not? If not…is that ok for extreme weather?

Can you monitor tire pressures running???…or have a chime/dummy light if one is too high or low?

Is there a gps based lap timer in the dash?

Not that I would, but how would one tune or change anything on the dssvs?
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
Is there a water trap in the hood vent or not? If not…is that ok for extreme weather?

Is there a gps based lap timer in the dash?
There is a water trap; in most of the pictures from Barber this was removed. I believe the Owners Manual suggests removing this for track use.

There is no GPS timing system on the Z/28. Maybe they'll decide to include that on the 2015?
Old 03-29-2014, 10:43 PM   #3
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
I read in one of these reviews there is no launch control??? Why? Isn’t that just a software mode? If so too bad..would have helped on launch in slightly sandy parking lot autox out here.

The stress on components during an automated launch is something for the Z/28 engineers to determine if more durable parts are/are not needed to be installed. However, regardless of their decision the balance of launch control is software code, and the code needs to be written. So, there is some added development expense in writing, debugging, and refining this launch control code.

Wicker bill should be in a bag with the car so install it or put it on ebay…absurd you have to buy this as it is on all the test cars.

100% agree and . . . not too late to change this policy. Hello? Anybody?

Are there brake ducts under that car or something that channels the air on to the caliper or just the wheel?

I would leave the front end of the Z/28 alone. The fake fog light facia seems to invite adding aftermarket brake duct openings. Not for me.

Clearly, no such brake cooling ducts for these brakes are needed at low speeds. What happens at high speed? The facia does its job. It blocks airflow, which creates an area of high pressure above the front splitter. What does this high pressure do? It creates downforce on the front splitter. When do you need the downforce on the front splitter? At high speed. Therefore, leave it alone.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:28 AM   #4
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

Drives: 13 ZL1, 14 Z/28, Cessna 182T
Yes tire pressure is monitoring while driving. The front opening for fog lamps do not need to be changed, they have the openings for the brake ducts as is. The car has all the provisions for brake ducts. No need for launch control. It's not a drag car, it's a road racing car. No GPS timer, all is some what what the ZL1 has, just a lap timer and two axes G meter, unlike one axes like the ZL1.

Last edited by Skylane765; 03-30-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:51 AM   #5
Justin Moreno

Drives: G5.R
There are brake ducts behind the lower grille. They channel air into the wheel wells, but not directly to the brakes. most of the cooling is done on high speed straights and the air is aimed toward the brakes. Effective, yes, but certainly not optimal.
Justin Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:40 PM   #6
Skylane765

Remember when the wheels turn they will block air from the ducts
Old 03-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
There are brake ducts behind the lower grille. They channel air into the wheel wells, but not directly to the brakes. most of the cooling is done on high speed straights and the air is aimed toward the brakes. Effective, yes, but certainly not optimal.
The ducts stop at the wheel liner just like zl1 but they are pointed right at the brakes and do work. In addition it has ramps in the lower panel that throw air at the rotor too just like the zl1. You do not need any extra brake cooling unless u add a lot more power and full race slicks.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #8
Skylane765

Yes the provisions are there just like the ZL1
Old 03-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
Justin Moreno

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
The ducts stop at the wheel liner just like zl1 but they are pointed right at the brakes and do work. In addition it has ramps in the lower panel that throw air at the rotor too just like the zl1. You do not need any extra brake cooling unless u add a lot more power and full race slicks.
I agree. I meant that they are not ducted all the way to the rotors, but you are right that they are aimed towards the brakes.
Justin Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote