Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #126
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
RRM - and they were the same car.
so both of these are RRM?! wowza!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #127
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
All you so called Camaro enthusiasts need to get your heads out of your butts and quit saying the tail lights look like a Honda, Nissan, Acura, etc etc... You need your American citizenship revoked if you cannot see the influence in some of the classic Chevys from the 60's and 70's. it has been pointed out numerous times the new lights have design elements from the 66 and 67 impala SS, the 69 Camaro, the 75-78 Monza coupe, the mid to late 70's Camaros, all of which came BEFORE any of those lame ass Japanese cars.

Note I never said you could not hate it just these Japanese comparasons are stupid, especially when there were Chevys that came before them that were the actual inspiration.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 03-28-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #128
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
glad i have my iom,and in the early production model,im just not sure if i like the new 14',i certainly dont like it enough to trade for,i would trade for the ZL1,just wish i had that LS7 dropped in mine,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #129
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: '10 Camaro SS and 2LT
The RRM needs more orange.... as I was reading through this thread and all the discussions of what it may look like... all I could think of was Sunset Orange Met that came on the 4th Gen which was stunning.... Make it close to that and it's def a winner.
Attached Images

stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #130
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha1 View Post
I just wish the Z28 would have been talored more for the daily driver, oh well. Still a sweet car.
That's what the ZL1 is for. I wouldn't be surprised if the Z28 has a 0-60 close to or slower than the ZL1. The ZL1 is still the car to get for the Camaro owner that wants everything.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #131
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
The RRM needs more orange.... as I was reading through this thread and all the discussions of what it may look like... all I could think of was Sunset Orange Met that came on the 4th Gen which was stunning.... Make it close to that and it's def a winner.
I loved that color and the RRM is growing on me. Would like to see it in sunlight.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #132
adplusone

Drives: 2011 Cayman 2012 Suburban
Two questions.....

1) If indeed the 1LE package is continued will you be able to get the Recaro Seat option for 2014?

2) On the stage with the Z28 was a coupe with the wheels from this years "Dusk" package (see pics six posts up....any idea if they are a freestanding option or what?

Last edited by adplusone; 03-28-2013 at 08:36 AM.
adplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #133
adplusone

Drives: 2011 Cayman 2012 Suburban
White Diamond Paint On The Z-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGstayUp View Post
I was thinking the same thing. To me it appeared to look like a pearl white....hmmm
To me that screams gold kit Caddy of the 1980's...
adplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #134
Easton091

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Those tail lights are ugly. I bet the Z28 will be $50,000 plus. I will stick with my 11
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #135
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
RRM if it were lighter would look like corvette sunset orange metallic.
tailights have changed just like 1974 changed from 1970 to 73.
even though I want color like ABM, really wanted a sunset orange metallic Corvette a few years ago, maybe RRM, when I see it in daylight.
I also would like a few more options available on Z28, light weight is nice, but I want navigation and a few more options, maybe the 2014 Corvette would be better?
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #136
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by adplusone View Post
Two questions.....

1) If indeed the 1LE package is continued will you be able to get the Recaro Seat option for 2014?

2) On the stage with the Z28 was a coupe with the wheels from this years "Dusk" package (see pics six posts up....any idea if they are a freestanding option or what?
Since the 1LE is an option package for the SS and the SS will have the Recaro Seats as an option I would say yes.. But they may include them in the 1LE package too, that makes sense to me.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #137
wpgcamaro

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR3 View Post
Yep, this has been a problem for Chevy for a while. The guys on the Corvette side have been saying the same thing. Need MORE brighter Blues! The C7 Vette is coming with Laguna Blue so that will kinda help on the Vette side. As for the Camaro they should keep making that Hot Wheels Blue color. That color looks really good.

In a video posted recently on YouTube, Ed Welburn was asked about the boring, darker, greyish colors that GM does so much of and he said they (at GM) feel that buyers want "safe" colors that dont really stand out that much...

Uhhhhh WRONG Mr. Welburn!... I want a color that DOES stand out. Brighter colors, not boring colors.
The HW Kenetic Blue is an awesome color but knew it wouldnt be offerred as part of the regular production line as that color is exclusive to the HW Special Edition and part of an agreement between Chevy and Hot Wheels.
wpgcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #138
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Big bummer that the spoiler is not standard on all models anymore. I'm so thankful that it was standard on my 2012 when I bought it -- the Camaro just doesn't look right without a spoiler.

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #139
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
All you so called Camaro enthusiasts need to get your heads out of your butts and quit saying the tail lights look like a Honda, Nissan, Acura, etc etc... You need your American citizenship revoked if you cannot see the influence in some of the classic Chevys from the 60's and 70's. it has been pointed out numerous times the new lights have design elements from the 66 and 67 impala SS, the 69 Camaro, the 75-78 Monza coupe, the mid to late 70's Camaros, all of which came BEFORE any of those lame ass Japanese cars.

Note I never said you could not hate it just these Japanese comparasons are stupid, especially when there were Chevys that came before them that were the actual inspiration.
I was joking earlier, but I did mention in another thread that the tail light design on the 5th gen was different and in the beginning people didn't like it because it looked too much like the Vette lights or the 2nd Gen lights, now they go back to a single lens it's like OMG! haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Big bummer that the spoiler is not standard on all models anymore. I'm so thankful that it was standard on my 2012 when I bought it -- the Camaro just doesn't look right without a spoiler.
A spoiler add is simple and cheap. Hardly a breaking point with regards to the new model changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
We have asked for a blue until we're blue in the face. If we don't see it now, we aren't getting it. If we're lucky the sixth gen will have an ABM oil fill cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR3 View Post
Limited also!

Kinda like Synergy Green. Once its gone its gone.
I know I was just giving you the name, you and others kept calling it the Hot Wheels blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha1 View Post
I just wish the Z28 would have been talored more for the daily driver, oh well. Still a sweet car.
But then all the hardcore Z/28 fans wouldn't be happy.

For the most part it is, other than no radio. The A/C can be added, and the sounds batt. and carpet for the trunk can be added. You can also do an HID conversion and a tail light conversion probably. And you can always add the Fog Lights. Other than that, I am not sure what else they removed that wouldn't make it a decent DD too. I would be you can also add an aftermarket stereo and speakers, which I normally do anyway. So in all it's not bad from my point of view.

Last edited by SummoneR; 03-28-2013 at 10:59 AM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #140
1990Camaro

Drives: 1990 Z28 Camaro
I have been waiting to buy a Camaro for 3 years now, finally going to pull the trigger this summer... I'm really hoping that the "hood" is optional, I can't stand it. it looks completely like an afterthought. The shape is just blah, looks like it can be bought at Pep Boys.
1990Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #141
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Not Feeling to Warm about the NeW Rear End

I know it's one man's opinion. But, I am not feeling the warnth about the rear end restyle. Looks too much like an old Nissan 240SX (1990 - I believe).

But heck that's just me.

The Z/28, however, is a real pleasant surprise! Good move!
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #142
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
I'm pretty bummed that we don't have a lot of "grabber" colors. This isn't a cadillac we're talking about. RRM looks nice but it's not a musclecar color. Where is the bright blue, green, or orange? I'm just glad they didn't take away yellow and red! Without the yellow, these color options would be something you'd see in a caddillac brochure. I bet that they are going to do some better colors in 2015 but I don't really want to wait that long just to get orange, green, or blue.
AAC Concept LED sidemarkers, red strut covers, RPI painted GM strut tower brace, ABL LED Dome light, RPI painted speedo surround & console gauges surround, Gary's Customz bowtie!, Lloyd's custom mats, sequential tails, KMC rockstar wheels!

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #143
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990Camaro View Post
I have been waiting to buy a Camaro for 3 years now, finally going to pull the trigger this summer... I'm really hoping that the "hood" is optional, I can't stand it. it looks completely like an afterthought. The shape is just blah, looks like it can be bought at Pep Boys.
It is standard on the 2LT, 2SS and Z/28 models I believe.

at first I did not like it, but it has grown on me. It looks better in Carbon Fiber.

Congrats on your future purchase.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #144
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
You're exactly right. The RRM is not really orange. Those of us who were hoping to order a 2014 in orange are not going to look at RRM as orange. It's dark red with a touch of orange in it. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of so many cool colors. it's weird and I don't like RRM.
AAC Concept LED sidemarkers, red strut covers, RPI painted GM strut tower brace, ABL LED Dome light, RPI painted speedo surround & console gauges surround, Gary's Customz bowtie!, Lloyd's custom mats, sequential tails, KMC rockstar wheels!

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #145
1990Camaro

Drives: 1990 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
It is standard on the 2LT, 2SS and Z/28 models I believe.

at first I did not like it, but it has grown on me. It looks better in Carbon Fiber.

Congrats on your future purchase.

That's great news then, I was looking at getting the 1SS/1LE in Grey, w/sunroof. Now I'm adding in the seats, they look AWESOME!!!
1990Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #146
INTENSS

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS LE
I like the looks of the redesign - no beef with the front and rear end changes. However, I am dissapointed once again in the color choices. I could have sworn Kinetic blue or a light blue of some kind would have been offered. And then my other two favorite colors, IOM and Victory Red got discontinued. RRM doesn't seem to do it for me, though I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person.

Looking forward to seeing what is done with the 1LE package as I'll pass on the Z/28 due to lacking some basic comforts - and that's a damn shame.

2002 Camaro SS 35th LE
Hurst, LSS, Hotchkis STB, CAGS, SLP Lid, SLP 85mm MAF, SLP Loud Mouth, Y-Pipe,
LPW Rear Girdle, 338 RWHP 356 RWTQ
1987 Monte Carlo SS
It's not stock!
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #147
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
A spoiler add is simple and cheap. Hardly a breaking point with regards to the new model changes.
It is a cheap mod, and it definitely isn't a breaking point, but it is nice when some of the "standard" mods come ... well, standard. Thinking about it more, it might have something to do with the new decklid design.

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #148
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
This is a really good picture of the new tail lights, diffuser, rear spoiler and deck lid. I have to agree with the earlier posts in that it looks a bit plain as compared to the current model. Tail lights shape has just a hint of the mid to late 2nd generation Camaro look to them as well.
I just..don't..like..the..back. Too plain. Not as dynamic looking as the models it's replacing. If they wanted to do the one-piece again they'd have done better with something like this (I modded the right side):

Name:  2014-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-011[1]a.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  139.9 KB

instead of this:

Name:  2014-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-011[1].jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  149.2 KB

Wrapping the tail light around the side just makes it look like an ordinary sedan. Not having the recessed back is also a mistake. That was one of the distinctive features of the 67-70 Camaros. This is fixable with some custom bodywork but it shouldn't have been this way in the first place.

The front I'm okay with; that wouldn't be a deal-breaker for getting a Z/28. The back though....I'd have to get that fixed.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #149
COPZ

Drives: 2011 SYNERGY GREEN 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Red Rock Metallic - and don't go by the pics - you must see it in natural daylight to get the effect. You were looking at it under show lights.............
Just like Synergy Green and Kinetic Blue. You have to see it under natural light as pictures are so different then in person.
Vararam CAI
SLP Wheels
SLP Splitter
ZL1 Grill, Rockers and Spoiler
Complete 2013 Hot Wheels conversion
COPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #150
Camss57

Drives: 2008 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_beltran805 View Post
Hello sir, are we gonna get to see any pictures for the 1LE package soon? hopefully a z28 spoiler
I really want to see the 1LE as well, but I think the Z/28 spoiler too big. I think the SS spoiler in black like the current 1LE would look better.
Camss57 is offline   Reply With Quote