Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #151
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
All you so called Camaro enthusiasts need to get your heads out of your butts and quit saying the tail lights look like a Honda, Nissan, Acura, etc etc... You need your American citizenship revoked if you cannot see the influence in some of the classic Chevys from the 60's and 70's. it has been pointed out numerous times the new lights have design elements from the 66 and 67 impala SS, the 69 Camaro, the 75-78 Monza coupe, the mid to late 70's Camaros, all of which came BEFORE any of those lame ass Japanese cars.

Note I never said you could not hate it just these Japanese comparasons are stupid, especially when there were Chevys that came before them that were the actual inspiration.
I agree. The tail lights IMO are retro camaro from the 60's. The old tail lights were modern.

I still am not a fan of the tail lights though and I wasn't a fan of the 60's tail lights either. That's just personal preference on my part, but the fact remains the tail lights are camaro retro IMO.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #152
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I agree. The tail lights IMO are retro camaro from the 60's. The old tail lights were modern.

I still am not a fan of the tail lights though and I wasn't a fan of the 60's tail lights either. That's just personal preference on my part, but the fact remains the tail lights are camaro retro IMO.
I agree... I think MAYBE if they found a way to "break up/divide" the lights... it would look more appealing...

Just that one solid look - looks BLAH.
RiCEADDiCTBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #153
Russell James

Drives: '12 SS/RS LS3 IBM
Don't get the whole string of LED lights trend. To me it looks gawdy, something Elton John would bejewel out a car with. Happily keeping my '12 for quite a while, maybe the LED light string trend thing will fade away sometime soon.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #154
shazam

Drives: IOM/IOM 2LT
tailights are now horrible

I guess we have to see them in person, and maybe GM should have asked someone, who maybe isn't blind...

my two pennies!

They should have just did the afterburner thing on the original concept, I'm pretty sure people would have loved that!

Let's start a I hate the new tail lights poll
shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #155
cbass

The thing I liked from the older camaros was the front end.

I thought the 2013 was more true to the older front end:

The 2014 looks more modern.

Both IMO are great looking cars, but I tend to like the 2010-2013 since I liked the more retro front end and I did not like the retro tail lights.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #156
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Still don't understand the reason of the chrome bezel in the front....
RiCEADDiCTBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #157
Mojave

Drives: FOR SALE: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCEADDiCTBOY View Post
So we can all try out Plastidip
Old 03-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #158
GearheadSS
Member #63

Drives: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCEADDiCTBOY View Post
I don't either. It's so out of place. Maybe it's to try and take away from how terrible the hood extractor looks.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #159
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: people crazy.
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:

Both IMO are great looking cars, but I tend to like the 2010-2013 since I liked the more retro front end and I did not like the retro tail lights.
I agree. I still like the 10-13 front end more for that very reason (the retro), but the 2014 doesn't necessarily look like shit. My main issue with the new one is that stupid chrome strip. It looks like such an afterthought. The Z28 they showed didn't even have that chrome strip and its front bumper already looked better as a result! Lol
Old 03-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #160
cbass

I take back what I said about the 2010-2013 camaro tail lights not being retro. It looks like they were modeled after a 1968 camaro with modern touches.

So looks like the 1968 camaro rear end is my favorite.

Anyways, I have gotten way off topic and made this thread stray. Sorry. I'll stop.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #161
cbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
I agree. I still like the 10-13 front end more for that very reason (the retro), but the 2014 doesn't necessarily look like shit. My main issue with the new one is that stupid chrome strip. It looks like such an afterthought. The Z28 they showed didn't even have that chrome strip and its front bumper already looked better as a result! Lol
The chrome strip may be a RS package thing. The z28 did not have a RS package while the SS did. That's why the Z28 tail lights were different and perhaps why there was no chrome strip????
Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #162
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1998 Riviera White
Good to see pictures of 2014 as there is nothing new I like better than my 2011 2LT. Well, perhaps I like the front a little better but not enough for me to consider trading. Will hold judgement on the chrome detail until I see it 1:1 as I have nothing against a little sparkle detailing.
Do not hate the rear end, just looks too generic / bland for me to even think about if I hate it or love it. Think the 2010-13 rear is more unique in a much better way.
Only thing I really dislike is the hood extractor that looks like a plastic part bought from PepBoys and taped on. Know this is some kind of styling trend but it breaks up the smooth body lines. Perhaps if it was painted the body color it would not be so noticeabale.
Agree with about everyone GM needs to rethink their colors for the Camaro. Why would they think people buying a Camaro would want to play safe with color and a body design that screams look at me. More color options please! That includes more interior colors.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #163
cbass

Let me know if you get any information on the 2014 1LE. With the hood changes I wonder if the black wrap will still be on the hood or if the vinyl wrap is a thing of the past.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #164
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Let me know if you get any information on the 2014 1LE. With the hood changes I wonder if the black wrap will still be on the hood or if the vinyl wrap is a thing of the past.
The black wrap will mask that new extractor quite well. It may not be the best looking vent but as long as that sucker works well then no major complaints here.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #165
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Interesting and a little hard to understand why they are discontinuing the GFX option. I realize they'd have to somewhat redesign parts of it a little but big deal. Makes me all the more glad I have it on my ancient 'ol 2010. I wonder how long it will take the different aftemarket vendors to come up with one?
K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #166
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
<--- jealous of the new red :(

curious to see what the color DIC and HUD will look like.. overall, the refresh is MEH to me.. i feel like 2010-2013 have a more timeless/iconic design

i dont like anything other than the front end of the z/28 and the recaros
Old 03-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #167
FirstandFifthGen

Drives: 68 Camaro, 48 Chevy truck, 36 Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazam View Post
I guess we have to see them in person, and maybe GM should have asked someone, who maybe isn't blind...

my two pennies!

They should have just did the afterburner thing on the original concept, I'm pretty sure people would have loved that!

Let's start a I hate the new tail lights poll
They sure don't look retro to me...looks like a dang Mazda going down the road...yuk.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #168
1990Camaro

Drives: 1990 Z28 Camaro
Quote:

You can always add the body kits if you like the old style front ends...
http://www.lingenfelter.com/page/ret...tyling-package
1990Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #169
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
To me it looks gawdy, something Elton John would bejewel out a car with.
Wonder if Elton John is a member here. Must get his feelings hurt alot.
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 AM   #170
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Tail lights aside, which I dont like either, there is just way too much plastic on the rear end. Anyone know why the Camaro out sold Mustang by such a large margin in the 2011-2012 model years? You guessed it, one of the biggest reasons was the ugly rear end of the Mustang. I like the front end changes but am not a fan of that new rear end. Thats just my humble opinion however.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #171
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
I have a love/hate relationship with the 5th gen camaros it looks ok up front but the heat extractor on the hood are too small it could have been designed better 2014 model still has that ugly dash the rear lights are ugh! And I HATE the fact Iom is discontinued another stupid decision was to kill the dream of everybody that anticipated the wait for return of the Z28 with making it only available with a manual transmission that mistake was made with the 1le I thought car companies were in the business to sell cars not make people wait years for an overpriced (the Z28 will be up there) car with one speaker and only a manual transmission that's thinking like ferrari spending all that money on a car without a radio is just stupid & how many times will people go to the track with their cars? If I spend $40/$50 grand on a car I would want to drive it everywhere not just on the track I don't think much weight was reduced by removing a few speakers what are these guys thinking at chevy/gm? Because for the last few years their thinking has been backwards
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:44 AM   #172
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Heading to New York to see it for myself. Ill take better ( different ) pics and post them.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #173
Verbolten

Drives: someday a convertible
Not sure I like the trumpet looking exhuast tips.. I rather see regular dual tip design.
Verbolten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #174
JAustin

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS auto, SW/tan top/beige
Taillights

Quote:
Originally Posted by agkelly73 View Post
... I know some may not see it but IMO the rear tail lights are more true to the 69 Camaro than the current twin tail light setup. Current models seem to resemble the 67-68 with the double lens set up.
Good observation. I still like the 2010-2013 series taillights much better. (It's all idle speculation for me, in any event; after nearly 2 years, I still have less than 10K miles on my 2011 vert, so I'm not in the market for a new one anytime soon ...)
JAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #175
JC6

Drives: 2011 GS Vert. Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
Tail lights aside, which I dont like either, there is just way too much plastic on the rear end. Anyone know why the Camaro out sold Mustang by such a large margin in the 2011-2012 model years? You guessed it, one of the biggest reasons was the ugly rear end of the Mustang. I like the front end changes but am not a fan of that new rear end. Thats just my humble opinion however.
Your 100% right!!! I hate plastic, and that is why I not buy a 2013 California Edition Mustang the licsense plate area is all cheap ugly plastic!
JC6 is offline   Reply With Quote