Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HAVOC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #76
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
If it didn't change, there would be lots of complaining. I don't have a problem with any of the changes. It can't stay the same. And the 6th gen is right around the corner anyway (which will start this whole debate all over again).
Yep. No matter what they did, the whiners would whine. The 6 th gen will get trashed by the same crowd
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #77
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
On the surface it would seem as though the automotive enthusiast community is becoming more and more ideological. However looking under the surface of things and I generally find that those who tend to whine about changes only represent about 10-15% of the community however have about 50-75% of the voice. Because of this they tend to take over the narrative of a discussion, and in many ways tend to drive the discussion because of that.

One thing that i noticed, is they tend to make wild claims such as because of the C7 their may not be a C8 or any future Corvette.

It really makes it hard at least for me to play a part in automotive forums, I tend to be a general fan of vehicles from all regions and all types. However I find that there are not many places on the internet where I can enjoy my love of cars with other like minded people. Forums tend to be geared one way or another, from the import crowd to the domestic crowd. You have your two wheel forums, truck forums, and car forums....... modern and classic forums. Even on many forums where there is an attempt at creating different sections for different fans you end up with those sections being taken over by the same group.

The reality though is this, while even on this forum you have people who own Camaros and other Chevy/GM products you have those who don't own other Chevy/GM products. There are plenty of people who for example own a Corvette and lets say a Mercedes or a BMW, though we are told that this isn't/shouldn't be the case.

The 2014 Camaro looks to be a pretty big improvement over the 2013 Camaro with improvements from styling to aerodynamic. Color HUD and driver information center also seems to be a pretty cool improvement. Also, while I would have done the Z/28 Camaro different I think that they made a perfect Z/28 Camaro.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 AM   #78
BigRed82

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Taillights look like an old Acura.

Chevrolet could have done better, imo.
BigRed82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #79
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
So, am I correct in my understanding that now, when you order the RS package, the DRLs will not be the fog lights, and you will have factory fog lights with the HIDs?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #80
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed82 View Post
Taillights look like an old Acura.
Chevrolet could have done better, imo.
On that analogy, Acura's taillights copied the '69 Camaro's.... maybe Acura could have done better.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #81
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Looks like a '10-'13 hood will swap with the '14...yes/no?
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #82
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:

··
Quarter flares (LPO VRV) and Argent Ground
Effects Package (LPO VTD) discontinued for 2014

I wonder why these items are discontinued for 2014? I realize they may have needed to be slightly redesigned but then again, the car itself somewhat was so it doesn't seem like that'd be a deal breaker. Glad I have the GM GFX on my 2010 SS.

K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #83
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post
Looks like a '10-'13 hood will swap with the '14...yes/no?
Depends if the facia meeting point has changed. I did see that the heat extractor is an SS only option, the V6 won't have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post

I wonder why these items are discontinued for 2014? I realize they may have needed to be slightly redesigned but then again, the car itself somewhat was so it doesn't seem like that'd be a deal breaker. Glad I have the GM GFX on my 2010 SS.

The order code has been discontinued. They'll have to re-introduce a different order code for each item, based on the new design.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #84
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Tail lights do have a lot of '69 influence, but I also see this -

No complaints here.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #85
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Yep. No matter what they did, the whiners would whine. The 6 th gen will get trashed by the same crowd
I'm looking forward to what the 6th will have to offer considering the technology age we are in.

It'll be a night and day difference from the 2010-2014 models that we know it. Hopefully the Recaro seat option is here to stay as an option for future models, color HUD, etc. I'm still pushing for a blind sensor in the mirrors and front end collision option maybe marketed as a "Safety tech" package. The design of the 6th Gen is a different topic in itself.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #86
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Ack. Just re-read the changes cards and Recaro is available for coupes only. What a load of crap. I was hoping because I'm gearing up to order one in about 6-9 months. But I guess the chances are less you'll be needing a seat like this on a soft top.

One GOOD thing is that it seems at least for the SS/LT that the coupe and convertible get the same spoiler. Hope that holds true for the ZL1 as well.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #87
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
Depends if the facia meeting point has changed. I did see that the heat extractor is an SS only option, the V6 won't have it.

Toasty, do you see the heat extraxtor as an option for the SS or an SS feature? I see as a feature. Hope you are correct but I fear the hole in the hood has replaced the mail slot.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #88
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viz View Post
Interesting. The longer document of the two says this is for sales reps only inmate fine print.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #89
5150WS6

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
On that analogy, Acura's taillights copied the '69 Camaro's.... maybe Acura could have done better.

Well put

I'm not a huge fan of the rear lights either but will hold out to see them up close and personal. Still have my eye on a custom ZL1. I think a full evil black version is in order!
5150WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #90
AnthonyR
AnthonyR

Drives: 1987 Iroc-Z
I'm still trying to decide on whether to buy the Z/28 or the ZL1!! I guess i'll have to drive em both and see which one I like better! Either way I want to send it to Lingenfelter for a nice "tune up". Does anybody know if they have packages that work in Cali?
AnthonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #91
5150WS6

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
I just figured something out too staring at the rear end of the 2014. I think the reason most people(myself included) were a little(a lot for some) unhappy with the tail lights is they are one solid piece. Prelude-ish as mentioned about a billion times before in these threads. I like the look of the dual Corvette type lights. So on my black ZL1 I'll just have the tail light section in between where the reverse lights sit painted black. Easy cheap fix and it would bring back the look of the dual tail lights without to much hassle.

Just a thought. Looking forward to getting that bad boy for sure........
5150WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #92
The Viz

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Interesting. The longer document of the two says this is for sales reps only inmate fine print.
That is correct. I guess you all are honorary sales reps for the Camaro

"God help the child who grows out of everything"
The Viz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #93
Uileat

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I'd like to know a little more about this new option:

"Blue Interior Accent Trim Package"

Could be a nice mod opportunity for my IBM.
Uileat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #94
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uileat View Post
I'd like to know a little more about this new option:

"Blue Interior Accent Trim Package"

Could be a nice mod opportunity for my IBM.
Or Summit White.
White with blue interior has always been my favorite combo.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #95
wahoo

Drives: Dreaming of a 2SS/RS
No hood stripes?!!!??
wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #96
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Don't care for the plastic looking hood vents. Looks very 80's to me. Also, is that a chrome strip across the edge of the front facia right above the grill and headlights? OMG, really? There's no other chrome on this car so why would they do this? There's a time and place for chrome and that ain't it! And I agree with others on hating the tail lights. Very Honda Prelude/Acura. Looking more like a ricer now.

Some may call it whinning...I call it like I see 'em.

Glad I got my 5th gen!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #97
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Don't care for the plastic looking hood vents. Looks very 80's to me. Also, is that a chrome strip across the edge of the front facia right above the grill and headlights? OMG, really? There's no other chrome on this car so why would they do this? There's a time and place for chrome and that ain't it! And I agree with others on hating the tail lights. Very Honda Prelude/Acura. Looking more like a ricer now.

Some may call it whinning...I call it like I see 'em.

Glad I got my 5th gen!
Yes, that is a chrome strip. I believe its part of the RS package

I hated the hood vent 2 weeks ago, but now I think I'm starting to like it. Still don't have an opinion, for or against on the tail lights.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #98
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamslam3 View Post
the same thing happened with the mustang. the camaro is going through its ugly phase
plz plz plz no1 waste their money on this model! so they can see how bad they made our beautiful camaros! i dont kno where they got their design ideas from but it surely wasnt from people with 2010 camaros haha

Brilliant idea, NOBODY BUY IT! That way in a few years they will cancel the Camaro again because it is not making Chevy any money. Then nobody can complain what the 6th Gen will look like because we will never see it and you will have to go buy a Mustang to get some new muscle.

I think the changes look good and it would not stop me from buying one. I sure hope they never stop making the Camaro again so my grandkids can get one when they can drive. I want them to have the same permagrin driving their new Camaro as I have driving mine. I would love to take a ride in theirs, or if I am no longer around I hope they blow past a Mustang and say, "Just like Grandpa used to do it".
2SS L99, CAI, Kooks Stainless 1 7/8 headers, Kooks Catted Oem Connection Pipe, MBRP Exhaust, MSD LS1 Superconductor 8.5 mm Wires. NKG Copper Spark Plug Set, Full Dyno Tune. BMR G8Trailing Arms - Hammertone and BMR Rear Toe Rods, GFX, Devils Tail Side Stripes, Side Vent Stripes, Synergy Green Door Panels and SS Grill & Trunk Badges .
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #99
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99 IOM
I like the looks of the '14, may order one instead of the '13.
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #100
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black, aka "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post

New info on new quarter flares and body colored hood louvers for '14 model year.

Distribution Updates

Updates for Camaro

Week of 4/29/2013

Effective 4/29/2013, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

All Coupe sections-ZL1 Coupe 1EY37, changed the equipment group to "1ZL".
All Convertible sections-ZL1 Convertible 1EY67, changed the equipment group to "1ZL".
Coupe Interior section-(U2K) SiriusXM Satellite Radio, applied current footnote 2 to 1LT and 1SS.
Coupe Interior section-(UE1) OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan, added an extended description that reads "includes Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation". Also, updated footnote 1 to now read "Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions."
Coupe Interior section-Deleted "Automatic Crash Response" completely.
Coupe Interior section-Deleted "Stolen Vehicle Assistance" completely.
Coupe Interior section-Deleted "OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation" completely.
Convertible Interior section-(U2K) SiriusXM Satellite Radio, updated footnote 1 to now read "SiriusXM subscription extended to a full year. If you decide to continue your service at the end of your trial subscription, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-866-635-2349 to cancel. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at siriusxm.com. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change." and applied to all equipment groups. Also deleted footnote 2 completely.
Convertible Interior section-(UE1) OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan, added an extended description that reads "includes Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation". Also, updated footnote 1 to now read "Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions."
Convertible Interior section-Deleted "Automatic Crash Response" completely.
Convertible Interior section-Deleted "Stolen Vehicle Assistance" completely.
Convertible Interior section-Deleted "OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation" completely.
Coupe Exterior section-(S0J) LPO, Body-color hood louvers, added a footnote 1 that reads "Late availability." and applies to 1SS and 2SS.
Coupe Exterior section-(VQK) LPO, Molded splash guards, added a footnote 1 that reads "Late availability." and applies to 1LS, 2LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS.
Coupe Exterior section-(5W6) LPO, 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Black inserts and Red flange stripe, updated footnote 1 to now read "Late availability. Not available with any other LPO wheels." Also updated footnote 2 to now read "Late availability. Not available with any other LPO wheels or (1LE) SS Performance Package."
Convertible Exterior section-(S0J) LPO, Body-color hood louvers, added a footnote 1 that reads "Late availability." and applies to 1SS and 2SS.
Convertible Exterior section-(VQK) LPO, Molded splash guards, added a footnote 1 that reads "Late availability." and applies to 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS.
Convertible Exterior section-(5W6) LPO, 21" (53.3 cm) 5-spoke wheels with Black inserts and Red flange stripe, updated footnote 1 to now read "Late availability. Not available with any other LPO wheels."