Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #309
avcbm
 
avcbm's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jacksonville (area), FL
Posts: 259
I think it shouldn't have been built.... not this Gen...
__________________

2012 Camaro ZL1
2010 Camaro SS (Sold)
avcbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #310
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
I think it shouldn't have been built.... not this Gen...
I think the next Gen will be one that will be more affordable and more available to the masses. Instead of Z/28 it will be Z28.
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #311
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,967
3 Questions, someone at one time said the Gen 5 Z/28 would exist because of the left over LS7 engines from the now discontinued Z06. If that is true will the Z/28 only be around until that warehouse of leftover LS7 engines are gone? Or is it possible it may return in the 6th Gen with a LT1 or a new engine that will also be used in the C7 version of the Z06? Or is it possible the Z/28 will dissapear from the lineup when the 5th Gen ends?
Something to think about...
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #312
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
3 Questions, someone at one time said the Gen 5 Z/28 would exist because of the left over LS7 engines from the now discontinued Z06. If that is true will the Z/28 only be around until that warehouse of leftover LS7 engines are gone? Or is it possible it may return in the 6th Gen with a LT1 or a new engine that will also be used in the C7 version of the Z06? Or is it possible the Z/28 will dissapear from the lineup when the 5th Gen ends?
Something to think about...
Don't worry. Chevy has some amazing engines coming for the Corvette and 6th gen Camaro.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #313
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
3 Questions, someone at one time said the Gen 5 Z/28 would exist because of the left over LS7 engines from the now discontinued Z06. If that is true will the Z/28 only be around until that warehouse of leftover LS7 engines are gone? Or is it possible it may return in the 6th Gen with a LT1 or a new engine that will also be used in the C7 version of the Z06? Or is it possible the Z/28 will dissapear from the lineup when the 5th Gen ends?
Something to think about...
1) Gen-5 Z/28s, as intro'd Wednesday, will have LS7s through the 2015 Model Year. How many built = how many orders can be processed...

2) Yes...

3) No.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #314
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
I think it shouldn't have been built.... not this Gen...
...and I for one am VERY happy they did...

BTW, does your "Barley Street Legal" ZL1, as per sig, "hop" down the street/road/track? Or does it BARELY get there?
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #315
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 6,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
I think it shouldn't have been built.... not this Gen...
What???
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #316
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 6,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
3 Questions, someone at one time said the Gen 5 Z/28 would exist because of the left over LS7 engines from the now discontinued Z06. If that is true will the Z/28 only be around until that warehouse of leftover LS7 engines are gone? Or is it possible it may return in the 6th Gen with a LT1 or a new engine that will also be used in the C7 version of the Z06? Or is it possible the Z/28 will dissapear from the lineup when the 5th Gen ends?
Something to think about...
A wise man once said, "Live in the now!"
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #317
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
1) Gen-5 Z/28s, as intro'd Wednesday, will have LS7s through the 2015 Model Year. How many built = how many orders can be processed...

2) Yes...

3) No.
This assumes they are still building LS7s. Are they? They shut down Wixom and moved the plant to BG. They never really detailed what was going there. With C6 production done, that would imply both LS7 and LS9s are shut down as would be the LS3 with dry sump. So what moved to BG? If the Corvette does't get the LS7 then why would it's production move to BG?
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #318
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
A wise man once said, "Live in the now!"
My questions were more for others interested in the Z/28, like my son, and people that want one but cant afford one right now. I love the idea of one, but really have no need myself, just like the SS or ZL1.. That's why I have a V6.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #319
ToolFan66


 
ToolFan66's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
No dude. I don't want just a badged car. But reality of what this car is? Is a garage queen. Sure it's a track car no doubt. But the many of those that say its a real Z, grew up in the 60s. If I could afford to throw $60+k at it right now I'd own one and burn it up on a track strip or street. I'd gladly trade mine to get one if the price was lower. I wanted a stripped out racer FACTORY built with warranty. But I won't trade mine and dump $40k more on it. Later on maybe but it sucks I have to grow old before owning in my youth.


You do realize many forum members already own garage queens including myself and you have a problem with the Z/28 being one? It won't be your car so why should you care?

You are almost borderline trolling my friend.
__________________


KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #320
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Sure it can be driven on the street, but with no amenities. I think they should have made this into a more streetable car. Drop in the ls7 and a few other goodies. The price could be in the 40's then.
...I can take your side somewhat and see your point. Here's why. Sour grapes for the majority of us who want one, but won't get one because...A. Be able to afford it, and B. Can't get an allocation because of limited supply. It's a one off send off to the LS engine platform and Gen 5 Camaro. Another testiment to grand architecture and engineering prowess. God Bless Chevy!
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #321
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...I can take your side somewhat and see your point. Here's why. Sour grapes for the majority of us who want one, but won't get one because...A. Be able to afford it, and B. Can't get an allocation because of limited supply. It's a one off send off to the LS engine platform and Gen 5 Camaro. Another testiment to grand architecture and engineering prowess. God Bless Chevy!
I bet most people would have been happy if the 1LE had been called the Z28 if there had also been a bump in HP from the SS...
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #322
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 SS M6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 4,308
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Wow, this is really sad. Just because the Z/28 will be expensive and will not have Halo lights, it is the brunt of so much hate. What did anyone expect? We already have the Camaro that does everything, the ZL1. We have Camaros for everyone else too.

This is the Track Car. The one that might become another legend. If we put all the luxury items back on the Z28 and ditch all the extra performance/weight upgrades all we would have is another good handling $45K-$50K Camaro that would have trouble staying ahead of a well driven 1LE with long tubes and a CAI.

Do we need or want that? Just because you cannot afford a Z/28 or can't live with out console gauges, don't knock a car of a higher order because you don't understand it or can't have it.

But rather chill and enjoy the best times for muscle cars ever.

Now the legend part is still to be proven by the Z/28. Time will tell. it will be interesting. And know that the Z/28 hopefully representing so well, is the same basic car with the same chassis genetics all 5th gen owners are driving. Enjoy.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.