Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Breathtaker
 
Breathtaker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 73
Question Z/28 hood on SS?

I like that Z/28 vented hood and wondering if it would fit on the SS (it looks like it would).. if it does I'm sure quite a few people will start getting it.. what do you think? would you purchase one for your SS?
Breathtaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
Bomino
 
Bomino's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nurburgring
Posts: 104
Look at the pics. The cowl extends into the front fascia.

I'm sure it would bolt on but the front fascia is different so it may not look great
Bomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Al C.
 
Al C.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathtaker View Post
I like that Z/28 vented hood and wondering if it would fit on the SS (it looks like it would).. if it does I'm sure quite a few people will start getting it.. what do you think? would you purchase one for your SS?
I'm sure it would be cheaper to mod ur current SS hood, and when you say "wondering if it would fit on the SS" I'm taking it you mean MY13' and below.. 14's SS come standard with the extractor..
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Breathtaker
 
Breathtaker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C. View Post
and when you say "wondering if it would fit on the SS" I'm taking it you mean MY13' and below
yes.. like most of us on here
Breathtaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
Al C.
 
Al C.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathtaker View Post
yes.. like most of us on here

You never know on here....
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,127
Are you talking about your 2010? No.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....
 
MikeSVX's Avatar
 
Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C. View Post
I'm sure it would be cheaper to mod ur current SS hood, and when you say "wondering if it would fit on the SS" I'm taking it you mean MY13' and below.. 14's SS come standard with the extractor..

If it will swop with the older cars, I'm sure someone would trade a 2013 hood for an older one. I'm guessing there are quite a few people not liking the vented look.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!
 
Obzen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
If it will swop with the older cars, I'm sure someone would trade a 2013 hood for an older one. I'm guessing there are quite a few people not liking the vented look.
I'd imagine the hoods will swap just fine, however the cowl lines wont line up unless you do some work/repaint on the front fascia.

The new hood has a wider cowl.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.