Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars Camaro5 Sponsors' Camaro Build/Poroject Showcase

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #476
ModBargains.com


 
ModBargains.com's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro, 996TT, 335i, Etc.
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, Ca 90631
Posts: 2,091
SOOO Sick.
__________________

Jurrian Terpstra | Modification Expert | Jurrian@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext. 8002
We Specialize In: Camaro Wheels | Camaro Suspension | Camaro Performance | KW Coilovers |
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm | Sat 8:00am-5:00pm (PST)
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #477
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 9,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Yes hoping to lose approx 15 lbs.

One more for you since your so complimenting, LOL

Attachment 644188

Wow!
__________________
kjkjr27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #478
woodside783
Casey Woodside
 
woodside783's Avatar
 
Drives: W/28
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tn
Posts: 1,203
How is the rear cradle
__________________
2014 camaro5 fest 5 camarocross super modified 3rd
2013 camaro5 fest 4 camarocross modified champ
Instagram @caseywoodside
http://youtu.be/CSc9aPh_X_w
woodside783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #479
ZL575BumbleBee
 
ZL575BumbleBee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ZL575 Bumble Bee
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 509
Hi Nathen,

Who's catch can is that ?

opps I almost forgot - WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Yes hoping to lose approx 15 lbs.

One more for you since your so complimenting, LOL

Attachment 644188
__________________
ZL575BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:22 AM   #480
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 4,086
Anytime I need a "wow" moment, I come here at look at the outcome of hard, dedicated work. Inspiring.
__________________
Pfadt Suspension, Supercharged, Showstopper 'bling', Pedderized by Bruce and Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #481
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)
 
OK2DRUL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: St. Simons Island, GA
Posts: 1,007
Incredible work and detail on this build. I would want to get buried in this thing after the amount of time, money, and effort that has gone into this build. I don't think I would ever be able to part with it.
__________________




OK2DRUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #482
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family
 
1977and2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dunedin FL
Posts: 798
I don't know how you guys are so patient. I would have half ass slapped it together to go tear up some tracks with it. With all of the weight loss that thing will drive so much different/ better than any other gen 5. Great work.
__________________
1977and2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #483
SteveDoten@ARH

 
SteveDoten@ARH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS, (ARH/Farks 8sec car)
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Deer Park, NY
Posts: 137
This is amazing to say the least!!

Al, you and your sons must be very proud to have built this. That is something to be proud of right there!!
SteveDoten@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #484
tribaltalon
 
tribaltalon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: CenTex
Posts: 40
i love how you routed the rear section of the rollcage. Looks like you'd be able to have a backseat in there and a decent amount of room for passengers (if they were wearing helmets lol)
tribaltalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #485
Pharmaro
 
Pharmaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Louisville
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
Hi Nathen,

Who's catch can is that ?

opps I almost forgot - WOW
Looks like an Apex catch can.

Those engine shots are amazing. I really want to get my hands on some Katech valve covers.
Pharmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #486
Brax
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6
This thing is bonkers!
Brax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:04 PM   #487
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy
 
Rockin the BlueSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 1,245
i think i missed it somewhere but why did you have to move the motor and trans 2" back?

car is looking awesome!
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #488
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: overseas
Posts: 3,418
front/rear weight distribution would be my assumption.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:32 PM   #489
nak3dsnake


 
nak3dsnake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
i think i missed it somewhere but why did you have to move the motor and trans 2" back?

car is looking awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
front/rear weight distribution would be my assumption.
Yes. Moving the engine back takes some of the weight off of the front wheels and changes the cars center of gravity. It shifts some of that weight onto the rear wheels. At the same time it also takes some load off of the brakes to assist in breaking. A road course car will actually handle better with a little more weight on the rear wheels than it would with a perfect 50/50.
__________________
Looks: AAC P13W DRLs, Heritage Grille, RS Embroidered Headrests, GM Door Sill Plates, GM Premium Floor Mats, Body Color Engine Cover, LLT Mobile 1 Oil Cap, ZL1 Sport Pedals, 3M Clear Bra.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #490
tribaltalon
 
tribaltalon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: CenTex
Posts: 40
i would never move the motor 2 inches back.. you'd pretty much say bye bye to the rear spark plugs. just like on a 4th gen lol.
tribaltalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #491
ZL1-V

 
ZL1-V's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribaltalon View Post
i would never move the motor 2 inches back.. you'd pretty much say bye bye to the rear spark plugs. just like on a 4th gen lol.

Did that happen on your project car? Was it a 4th Gen or 5th Gen?
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #492
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribaltalon View Post
i would never move the motor 2 inches back.. you'd pretty much say bye bye to the rear spark plugs. just like on a 4th gen lol.
I remember how god awful the 4th gen was to work on, yuck. Bellhousing bolts, spark plugs, etc etc. Having the engine under the dash wasnt a good idea.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #493
BLACKVORTECHSS
Matthew Pigott
 
BLACKVORTECHSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 93
You must remember that They've removed the cowl so there is about 6 inches gained that would normally hide the engine. Lots of space for a move like 2".
BLACKVORTECHSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #494
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKVORTECHSS View Post
You must remember that They've removed the cowl so there is about 6 inches gained that would normally hide the engine. Lots of space for a move like 2".
On top of all the hoses, wires, lines, modules, etc that have been moved. Even with 2 inches back it will be the roomiest engine bay out of all 5th gens haha.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #495
sik63caddy
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post

Introducing Project G5.R. The main goal is to push the envelope in the suspension/ handling department. Our dream would be to get an invitation to the 2014 Optima Challenge. The second goal is to build it with a level of attention to detail worthy of a spot at SEMA.


Attachment 635988

Attachment 635994


The plan is to shed as much weight as possible (approx 500 lbs). We will also be pushing the engine baack 2" and drop it 1". The will help transfer weight off the front and lower the center of gravity.



















What wheels are on the rendering? And what model? Nice build BTW
sik63caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:05 AM   #496
TommyTheCat
TEAMLFX
 
TommyTheCat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribaltalon View Post
i would never move the motor 2 inches back.. you'd pretty much say bye bye to the rear spark plugs. just like on a 4th gen lol.
pushing the 4th gen motor back 2 inches would be saying good bye to the front plugs
and the rear plugs would actually be saying hello, as they'd be in the drivers seat by that point.

i love how roomy the 5th gen is in comparison...
TommyTheCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #497
Denis


 
Denis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Yes hoping to lose approx 15 lbs.

One more for you since your so complimenting, LOL

Attachment 644188
__________________
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #498
Nathan Moreno


 
Nathan Moreno's Avatar
 
Drives: G5.R
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains.com View Post
SOOO Sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Anytime I need a "wow" moment, I come here at look at the outcome of hard, dedicated work. Inspiring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH View Post
This is amazing to say the least!!

Al, you and your sons must be very proud to have built this. That is something to be proud of right there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brax View Post
This thing is bonkers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Thanks guys! We really appreciate all the positive feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik63caddy View Post
What wheels are on the rendering? And what model? Nice build BTW
Thanks and Forgeline competition series GA1R open lug

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK2DRUL View Post
Incredible work and detail on this build. I would want to get buried in this thing after the amount of time, money, and effort that has gone into this build. I don't think I would ever be able to part with it.
Thanks and the ideas is to pass it on as a family air loom, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
I don't know how you guys are so patient. I would have half ass slapped it together to go tear up some tracks with it. With all of the weight loss that thing will drive so much different/ better than any other gen 5. Great work.
Don't think the idea hasn't crossed our minds on multiple occasions, LOL But the end vision keeps us going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribaltalon View Post
i love how you routed the rear section of the roll-cage. Looks like you'd be able to have a backseat in there and a decent amount of room for passengers (if they were wearing helmets lol)
Thanks and its about as tight as it can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
Hi Nathen,

Who's catch can is that ?

opps I almost forgot - WOW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmaro View Post
Looks like an Apex catch can.

Those engine shots are amazing. I really want to get my hands on some Katech valve covers.
You got it, Apex. We did modify the bracket to allow us to mount it to the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribaltalon View Post
i would never move the motor 2 inches back.. you'd pretty much say bye bye to the rear spark plugs. just like on a 4th gen lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Yes. Moving the engine back takes some of the weight off of the front wheels and changes the cars center of gravity. It shifts some of that weight onto the rear wheels. At the same time it also takes some load off of the brakes to assist in breaking. A road course car will actually handle better with a little more weight on the rear wheels than it would with a perfect 50/50.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKVORTECHSS View Post
You must remember that They've removed the cowl so there is about 6 inches gained that would normally hide the engine. Lots of space for a move like 2".
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
On top of all the hoses, wires, lines, modules, etc that have been moved. Even with 2 inches back it will be the roomiest engine bay out of all 5th gens haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
pushing the 4th gen motor back 2 inches would be saying good bye to the front plugs
and the rear plugs would actually be saying hello, as they'd be in the drivers seat by that point.

i love how roomy the 5th gen is in comparison...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
front/rear weight distribution would be my assumption.
^^^^ Bingo, we got rid of a lot of weight off the rear and figured it would help compensate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
How is the rear cradle
Craig sent us this pictures today. Everything is welded in except for the upper control arm brackets. He still need to finish the upper control arms. Hoping to get everything ready for shipping by tonight.
Name:  023.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  127.3 KB

Name:  022.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  155.9 KB

Sorry for the delay on updates. We have a lot of stuff we've done but haven't had time to down load pictures and post the updates. Hopefully over the weekend I'll get some time.

I feel the interior is going to be as nice as the rest of the car. Wiat till you guys see what we are doing.
Nathan Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #499
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,426
Excited about the interior, but you better have mirrors underneath at events so people can appreciate that one-off cradle.
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #500
woodside783
Casey Woodside
 
woodside783's Avatar
 
Drives: W/28
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tn
Posts: 1,203
Wow!!!!!!
__________________
2014 camaro5 fest 5 camarocross super modified 3rd
2013 camaro5 fest 4 camarocross modified champ
Instagram @caseywoodside
http://youtu.be/CSc9aPh_X_w
woodside783 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.