Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #69
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
I just always keep a tire deflator in my car in case someone thinks its a good idea to "ding" my door
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #70
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
This is providing much needed entertainment for me at work right now.

Keep it going guys.

JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #71
13SS

Drives: 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
Another internet badass.... So sure that you're the one handing out the beatings... Over someone parking next to you and maybe dinging your door.... Dafuq is this world coming to? Now I remember why I went about a year without visit these forums. Because of kids like these
I think my point was more about how people feel like they can get away with anything because they no longer have to worry about what those around them will do in response. I've never been one to attack a person for something trivial; I will call a person out for doing the wrong thing. I do feel that if everyone felt accountable to their community we would have fewer issues like the OP mentioned. Stop being such a pretentious douche.
13SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #72
Kgarner1624

Drives: Black 2010 2SS
Quote:
THIS is THE most ridiculous thing I've ever read. "...stand up for themselves or their property". Were talking about someone parking next to you in a public parking lot. Let me guess, you're a total badass huh? "YOLO"...Tell me chief, what are you going to do if you find a dent/ding on your door? Call the cops? Think they'll take you seriously? Even if they did what do you think they can do? You think their insurance is going to pay out on a door ding? Small claims court? Even if you saw him ding your car how would you prove it? Which is exactly what cops, insurance, AND courts would ask. Then You'd be out court costs AND still have to pay for it yourself. Grown men think things through. This is not a situation where you can possibly gain anything by acting like a douche in public. Welcome to the real world, kid. Your best bet is having a decent insurance that'll give you a freebie PDR like most give a free windshield crack replacement every so often. Haha "or you'll have to pay for it yourself" what exactly did you believe was going go happen?
If you wanna let someone beat your car to hell, so be it. Do nothing and continue to get walked all over for the rest of your life.. great thinking man! If i found a dent in my car?!? I dont care if i get my ass kicked i will stand up for myself! Its people like you who avoid confrontation their whole lives and lie down at the first sign of trouble that let others continue to think its alright to screw with peoples possessions they work hard to maintain. Get outta here with bull $hit.
Kgarner1624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #73
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgarner1624 View Post
If you wanna let someone beat your car to hell, so be it. Do nothing and continue to get walked all over for the rest of your life.. great thinking man! If i found a dent in my car?!? I dont care if i get my ass kicked i will stand up for myself! Its people like you who avoid confrontation their whole life and lie down at the first sign of trouble that let others continue to think its alright to screw with peoples possessions they work hard to maintain. Get outta here with bull $hit.
Yea junior. You nailed it. That's exactly the type of person I am. Just because I don't sweat things like someone parking next to a $30k car in a public parking lot. You read me like an open book. You go right ahead and risk getting your ass kicked, or possibly worse, for a $50 PDR. People like you are my heroes. all out balls to the walls pedal to the metal regardless of how trivial something may be. Total badasses. "gangstas". You can't even begin to imagine how much I wish I could be like you instead of the me. You have "awesome" written all over you.... That's all sarcasm btw. Really you just have "clueless kid" written all over you. Kid being the key word. I guess some of us never grow up huh?
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #74
jcthegrate

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT Cyber Gray Metallic
this happened last thursday at work. im still trying to find out who did it...

jcthegrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #75
PLuche

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthegrate View Post

Dont try to find out or you'll risk getting your ass kicked.

Sorry but i couldn't help myself.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #76
Kgarner1624

Quote:
Yea junior. You nailed it. That's exactly the type of person I am. Just because I don't sweat things like someone parking next to a $30k car in a public parking lot. You read me like an open book. You go right ahead and risk getting your ass kicked, or possibly worse, for a $50 PDR. People like you are my heroes. all out balls to the walls pedal to the metal regardless of how trivial something may be. Total badasses. "gangstas". You can't even begin to imagine how much I wish I could be like you instead of the me. You have "awesome" written all over you.... That's all sarcasm btw. Really you just have "clueless kid" written all over you. Kid being the key word. I guess some of us never grow up huh?
Sounds like thats exactly the type of person you are. Never said i had a problem with somebody parking next to me. But i will not simply let a door ding slide... sorry not made of money, guess you are and thats cool. Good luck being a doormat the rest of your life!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #77
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthegrate View Post

Sounds like someone gave you the wrong rub.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #78
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
My bad. I didn't realize he owned the parking lot or that only cars he considered to be nice and fancy were allowed to park next to his camaro.... Im curious, If he found a ding what was he going to do? Key the other guys car? Call the cops? How was he going to even prove it was done by that other guy? Its public parking. People can park in whatever open parking spot they please. Cars get dings all the time. Only thing you can do is suck it up and get it fixed. Looking for dings in public parking lots is a douche move. I don't car what you drive. At least act like this isn't your first rodeo. Leave your car at home if you're so paranoid about it being touched.
This thread is about people deliberately going out of their way to vandalize someone else's property. Not to whine about other drivers having the nerve to park next to your baby in a public parking lot.
You are a complete Moron I did nothing wrong but park in the farthest spot from the door in the very corner of the lot, This guy had the spot right next to the front door or any other spot , There was no reason for him to park all the way to the 2nd farthest spot from the front door other to be a ass, Like you. I hope you get a thousand dings and if I lived in your area I would park right next to your 45th and let my van door swing wildly into your car rich boy . Love how you say that it is ok for a yah hoo like you to park 1 foot from my car in a empty parking lot , but it is a douche bag move to see if the guy pegged my car with his door , What a tool you are
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #79
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
I really don't see the problem here. Some guy parks his piece of junk right next to his car when there are 50 other spots open. He comes out to check for a door ding and the guy driving the piece of junk yells a smart ass comment from across the parking lot. I guess you're right, he should've just come out of the store, checked for dents, allowed the guy to yell at him, then he puts his head down and sulks away like a whipped dog ("Sorry sir, I didn't mean to check for door dings on MY car.").
Thanks man , that guy just loves to hate I guess.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #80
bluebox

Drives: '12 1SS LS3 IBM/SIM
Quote:
Perfect response, except... well, I guess you did have to mention you were being sarcastic...

Honestly, a lot of people have no common sense or respect for others' property, regardless of their reasons why or their age.

Caught a 60-something year old starting to poke around at my car in a parking lot one night. From a dozen yards away, yelled a quick "hey", he just about jumped out of his skin. Asked him what was he doing, said he was just admiring it, so I asked why he had to poke at it, and would you want someone to do that to your brand new car. He stood there with mouth hanging open and no answer, so I just said "thought so, have a nice night" as I buckled my 5 year old in the back seat. I do wonder what the reaction would have been if it were a 20-something "kid" like junior here, but glad I didn't have to find out...

Now: Invo's on Nurburgs | Ext. Eng. catch can | heritage grille
Next: a few Pedders bits, tighten it up | better sways | drop coils, maybe | CAI, exhaust, JRE tune
Then I'm done, I swear.

bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #81
Kgarner1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
You are a complete Moron I did nothing wrong but park in the farthest spot from the door in the very corner of the lot, This guy had the spot right next to the front door or any other spot , There was no reason for him to park all the way to the 2nd farthest spot from the front door other to be a ass, Like you. I hope you get a thousand dings and if I lived in your area I would park right next to your 45th and let my van door swing wildly into your car rich boy . Love how you say that it is ok for a yah hoo like you to park 1 foot from my car in a empty parking lot , but it is a douche bag move to see if the guy pegged my car with his door , What a tool you are
YES.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #82
Kgarner1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebox View Post
Perfect response, except... well, I guess you did have to mention you were being sarcastic...

Honestly, a lot of people have no common sense or respect for others' property, regardless of their reasons why or their age.

Caught a 60-something year old starting to poke around at my car in a parking lot one night. From a dozen yards away, yelled a quick "hey", he just about jumped out of his skin. Asked him what was he doing, said he was just admiring it, so I asked why he had to poke at it, and would you want someone to do that to your brand new car. He stood there with mouth hanging open and no answer, so I just said "thought so, have a nice night" as I buckled my 5 year old in the back seat. I do wonder what the reaction would have been if it were a 20-something "kid" like junior here, but glad I didn't have to find out...
I dont see how you are agreeing with someone that has started the argument, yet you have the same viewpoint as the rest of us wondering why this nut case doesn't care about people "poking" around his car or even door dinging it. You are obviously confused....
Old 04-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #83
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
...... I hope you get a thousand dings and if I lived in your area I would park right next to your 45th and let my van door swing wildly into your car rich boy . Love how you say that it is ok for a yah hoo like you to park 1 foot from my car in a empty parking lot , but it is a douche bag move to see if the guy pegged my car with his door , What a tool you are
.... And this, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly the type of turd that does the things being discussed in the thread. 'Tards that really believe they have some weird justification that makes it ok to destroy someone else's property... Be it because someone parks next to them or someone believes theyre overreacting or they feel slighted in some way by the world or any other weird excuse that in their sick minds makes you just have it coming and they're doing the world a favor....

Btw my bad. I said $30k car. I see you have a 2lt. I meant $25k car.... That you want your own personal public parking spot for....
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #84
bluebox

Drives: '12 1SS LS3 IBM/SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgarner1624 View Post
I dont see how you are agreeing with someone that has started the argument, yet you have the same viewpoint as the rest of us wondering why this nut case doesn't care about people "poking" around his car or even door dinging it. You are obviously confused....
Hardly confused, except by your response... Tried to show what I thought was a good way to deal with something that DID happen, without confronting in a way that would "get your ass kicked" in your words (and write a post that doesn't infer use of intimidation, foul language, or violence in said situation -- a.k.a "beer nuts"). Yeah, it helped that I had my kid with me...

I agreed with his post because I read too much of this internet bravado on the C5 forums, and it's a bit pointless. Especially for a door ding that didn't happen.

Now: Invo's on Nurburgs | Ext. Eng. catch can | heritage grille
Next: a few Pedders bits, tighten it up | better sways | drop coils, maybe | CAI, exhaust, JRE tune
Then I'm done, I swear.

bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #85
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
FYI, you can get reimbursed for ding damage if you have a witness, and take pics.

carry on kids

batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote