Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Old 03-31-2013, 02:32 AM   #1
camaroboy1985

Drives: camaro ss rs 2010 6.2 432 hp
Unhappy camaro ss rs 2010 manual transmission issue

hello i have big problems with my manual transmission, the clutch was broken last year and the workshop replaced it with new one but after that the clutch was sitting on the floor 2 times and they fixed it again, yesterday when i was driving my camaro i heard something from clutch and i feel it that something broke again and clutch was not hard anymore it was soft, i dont know what to do now its makes me crazy is this the workshop cant fix it or camaros r so bad? should i sell this car? please help me sorry my english is not that good
camaroboy1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:38 AM   #2
casper sc/1ss/rs

Drives: 2011 camaro ss vortech supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroboy1985 View Post
hello i have big problems with my manual transmission, the clutch was broken last year and the workshop replaced it with new one but after that the clutch was sitting on the floor 2 times and they fixed it again, yesterday when i was driving my camaro i heard something from clutch and i feel it that something broke again and clutch was not hard anymore it was soft, i dont know what to do now its makes me crazy is this the workshop cant fix it or camaros r so bad? should i sell this car? please help me sorry my english is not that good
i surely wouldn't sell my car because of this, try a different shop and go from there i haven't had any problems with mine yet.
casper sc/1ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
camaroboy1985

Unhappy

thanks for ur answer, so u think its the workshop cant fix it? i cant go to other workshops because i payed it with insurance and i have warranty from this workshop, if i go to another workshop i must pay again and i will get -points from insurance that sucks :(
Old 03-31-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Try a different shop. I saw your other post. You can either A continue to pay the same shop thousands to do a horrible job at so called fixing your issue or you can pay a few hundered to a different shop and hope it is done right.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valve Train, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, Trunion upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, RX CC, GFX, Subs.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
camaroboy1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Try a different shop. I saw your other post. You can either A continue to pay the same shop thousands to do a horrible job at so called fixing your issue or you can pay a few hundered to a different shop and hope it is done right.
thanks for answer i will try it this time
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Yeah i also would not sell my camaro because of this. Im sure its very frustrating especially because its not the first time but if they dont know how to fix it right then why take it again to them. They are probably just going to keep doing the same type of bad work. I would just suck it up and take it to another shop. Do ur reaserch before u take it to any other shop. Make sure they specialize on those types of cars so u can avoid all these issues again. The previous shop is obviously not doing a good install on the clutch or whatever else is that they are replacing. Take it to someone that knows the car and then enjoy the car once again. Again i know its frustrating and its not cheap but it has came down to the point that now u've even though of selling the car!!! thats a No, No... So no, take it to an expert so they can solve that problem. Mine hasnt had any problems. Wish u the best. Get it fixed and enjoy ur car.
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
camaroboy1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Yeah i also would not sell my camaro because of this. Im sure its very frustrating especially because its not the first time but if they dont know how to fix it right then why take it again to them. They are probably just going to keep doing the same type of bad work. I would just suck it up and take it to another shop. Do ur reaserch before u take it to any other shop. Make sure they specialize on those types of cars so u can avoid all these issues again. The previous shop is obviously not doing a good install on the clutch or whatever else is that they are replacing. Take it to someone that knows the car and then enjoy the car once again. Again i know its frustrating and its not cheap but it has came down to the point that now u've even though of selling the car!!! thats a No, No... So no, take it to an expert so they can solve that problem. Mine hasnt had any problems. Wish u the best. Get it fixed and enjoy ur car.
they working with just american cars i dont know why they cant fix it i think they just sucks or they dont wanna fix it, idont wanna sell my car but its makes me crazy thanks for answer
Old 03-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Don't take this the wrong way, but do you abuse the car? Clutch drops are notorious for causing the symptoms you're describing.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
camaroboy1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but do you abuse the car? Clutch drops are notorious for causing the symptoms you're describing.
no idont do that idont even drive my car and drive fast, just sometimes after they fixed the clutch i drove may be 4000km in 1,5 years
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I'm truly sorry to hear about this. I understand your level of frustration. We definitely want your vehicle operating as designed. With that being said, are you still experiencing issues? What is the status of this concern. Let me know when you get a chance.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #11
camaroboy1985

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I'm truly sorry to hear about this. I understand your level of frustration. We definitely want your vehicle operating as designed. With that being said, are you still experiencing issues? What is the status of this concern. Let me know when you get a chance.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
yes i have still problem with it and my workshop cant find the issue! please help whats the wrong with the transmission on camaro ss 2010 s? we need to know the secret issue to fix it! they tried to fix it 4-5 times and everytime the clutch is sitting on the floor after 3-4 months im getting sick of this!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
yes i have still problem with it and my workshop cant find the issue! please help whats the wrong with the transmission on camaro ss 2010 s? we need to know the secret issue to fix it! they tried to fix it 4-5 times and everytime the clutch is sitting on the floor after 3-4 months im getting sick of this!
Greetings camaroboy1985,

Sincere apologies to hear about the ongoing transmission concerns. I certainly understand the frustration you must be experiencing. Since I am US-based, I would encourage you to contact customer assistance in your home market of Sweden at 46-155-249 000.

Let me know if that is helpful for you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
camaroboy1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Greetings camaroboy1985,

Sincere apologies to hear about the ongoing transmission concerns. I certainly understand the frustration you must be experiencing. Since I am US-based, I would encourage you to contact customer assistance in your home market of Sweden at 46-155-249 000.

Let me know if that is helpful for you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
its saab service not gm?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #14
Bjorn

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
its saab service not gm?
SAAB och GM har ju varit samma generalagent för GM, vet dock inte om det är samma som tar in Camaro eller om det är en annan.

Är din en Europabil eller är den import härifrån? Skicka PM till mig med en beskrivning på dina problem, jag har haft 3 st Camaro's av senaste Gen och byggt otaliga så jag kanske har lite ideer.

Sorry for the Swedish guys, just answering his question about the Swedish GM customer service
Bjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
its saab service not gm?
Hello camaroboy1985,

Indeed! Hopefully Bjorn was able to clarify that for you. Let me know if you any further questions.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care