Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

FLOWMASTER
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
FlowmasterMufflers

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Flowmaster's Scavenger Series Elite Headers

Flowmaster’s Scavenger Series Elite long tube exhaust headers are designed to replace the restrictive factory cast iron manifolds. These high quality exhaust headers are manufactured from stainless steel and are ceramic coated for maximum durability. They feature 1-5/8 In. primary tubes, 3/8 In. thick flanges and incorporate Flowmaster’s popular 3 In. ball flange collector connections ensuring a leak free installation. Scavenger Series long tube exhaust headers deliver maximum performance and are suited to the enthusiast who wants the best.

Flowmaster's Scavenger Series Elite shorty headers are designed to replace the restrictive factory manifolds. These high quality headers are manufactured from stainless steel and are ceramic coated for maximum durability. They feature 1-1/2 in. Primary tubes, 3/8 in. thick laser cut flanges and factory collector connections, ensuring a direct-fit, leak free installation. Like all Flowmaster products, the benefits include improved throttle response, power and engine efficiency. Designed for an easy fit, these headers include gaskets and necessary hardware for easy installation. Note: this product has been granted a California Air Resources Board (CARB) exemption, an E.O. number, or is a direct or consolidated replacement part. It is 50-state legal, per the application guide.

Phone: (707)544-4761 M-F 6AM–5PM PST, Sat 7:30AM–5PM PST
Visit our website: www.flowmastermufflers.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/FlowmasterMufflersINC Instagram: @flowmaster_official
Twitter: @Flowmaster1 Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Flowmaster
FlowmasterMufflers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
So we get the shorty's with the V-band connector Matt?

I mean, that's been done...
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, FE4 struts,ZL1 toe rods/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing front sway bar, JPSS FE4 rear sway and radius arm inserts, Pedders rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
FlowmasterMufflers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
So we get the shorty's with the V-band connector Matt?
Shorty headers, 3-1 one piece, are the only headers that we currently offer for the 2010-2011 LT or LS model Camaros. However, we do offer Block Hugger shorty headers and Long Tube headers for the 2010 to 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/FlowmasterMufflersINC Instagram: @flowmaster_official

Last edited by FlowmasterMufflers; 07-16-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #4
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Flowmaster View Post
Shorty headers, 3-1 one piece, are the only headers that we currently offer for the 2010-2011 LT or LS model Camaros. However, we do offer Block Hugger shorty headers and Long Tube headers for the 2010 to 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS.
fyp...
Old 07-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
BiG_TiMe

Drives: idk
sooo what do they sound like?
Old 07-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
FlowmasterMufflers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
sooo what do they sound like?
They will deepen the tone of your exhaust but individual sound will be dependent on how your system is set up after the header.

Last edited by FlowmasterMufflers; 07-16-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
pgustavson

Quote:
Thanks for pointing that out but, our header will fit early 2012 models. The design of the cylinder head on the V6 engine changed about half-way through the model year.
mmmmmmmmmkay.... I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I can't find any information regarding early 2012 V6 Camaros having anything but the LFX engine with the integrated exhaust ports. Can you point to a source? There was a time on this site when it seemed almost every other day that a 2012+ owner was asking about the best headers for their car, and this little nugget never came up. Though I could have missed it I suppose...
Old 07-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
If you have a LLT, you can expect about 14hp and 13lb/ft of torque with these (pretty sure same as JBA shorts).

With the stock cat in place they are CARB legal in 50 states and you will not get a CEL even without a tune.

Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, FE4 struts,ZL1 toe rods/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing front sway bar, JPSS FE4 rear sway and radius arm inserts, Pedders rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #9
FlowmasterMufflers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
mmmmmmmmmkay.... I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I can't find any information regarding early 2012 V6 Camaros having anything but the LFX engine with the integrated exhaust ports. Can you point to a source? There was a time on this site when it seemed almost every other day that a 2012+ owner was asking about the best headers for their car, and this little nugget never came up. Though I could have missed it I suppose...
You are correct and I apologize for my error. I had the incorrect information in my application notes. Thank you for pointing this out in such a professional way.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #10
pgustavson

You're welcome. Do you have any videos that give an idea of the sound?
Old 07-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #11
FlowmasterMufflers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
You're welcome. Do you have any videos that give an idea of the sound?
Our headers may deepen the tone of your exhaust a bit, but a video clip isn't going to give you a precise idea of what the headers will sound like when added to your exhaust system.

Last edited by FlowmasterMufflers; 07-22-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #12
Evil-Bee-NH
WEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Our headers may deepen the tone of your exhaust a bit, but a video clip isn't going to give you a better idea of what the headers will sound like when added to your exhaust system.

I dunno i know vid clips do distort some sound but we've heard so many that we can easily decide if we like it or not and for the money i'd add in only a positive criticism manner that you get a clip up here or on the site to help make peoples minds up for them.
Roto-Fab CAI | Ark N-II Exhaust | Elite Oil Catch Can | Setina Push Bumper | Vmax Ported TB | Vitesse Throttle Controller | VMax Ice-olator | EmblemPro's Custom Badges | Painted Underhood Accessories | Custom Full Car Plasti-Dip | Vitesse Paddle Shifters | DT Shorty Headers | OPT7 LED Pods & Light Bar | OPT7 Interior Full Spectrum Lighting
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #13
KappaSig

Drives: 2011
I would love to give the Flowmaster Scavenger headers a shot. But I can't find a video to give me an idea of what they sound like. Don't want to do JBA headers, so you have anything to offer Matt?
KappaSig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:20 PM   #14
Mike@Flowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaSig View Post
I would love to give the Flowmaster Scavenger headers a shot. But I can't find a video to give me an idea of what they sound like. Don't want to do JBA headers, so you have anything to offer Matt?
We appreciate your interest. Unfortunately, we do not have a sound test video for these headers. Typically, headers will deepen your exhaust note when compared to the factory exhaust manifolds. Your best bet may be to search around on YouTube for a video of a Camaro with a similar setup to yours that is running Flowmaster headers. I hope that helps. Good luck!

Phone: (707)544-4761 M-F 6AM–5PM PST, Sat. 7:30AM–5PM PST
Website: www.flowmastermufflers.com Facebook: Flowmaster Mufflers INC. Youtube: Flowmaster Inc
Instagram: @flowmaster_official Twitter: @Flowmaster1 Pinterest: Flowmaster Mufflers Snapchat: flowmaster_inc.
Mike@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flowmaster, headers, long tube, scavenger, shorty