Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #51
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
It's funny but also not. I had this happen to me with MAF cleaner straw lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Lmao it is pretty damn funny
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #52
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Lmao it is pretty damn funny
Lmao I had a "dumb / what the f**k just happened" look on my face.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #53
gotexas25
Camaroholic
 
gotexas25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 122
I'm about to get ipf supercharged. Should I do this before I install the supercharger?
__________________
gotexas25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #54
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotexas25 View Post
I'm about to get ipf supercharged. Should I do this before I install the supercharger?
Yes

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #55
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Lmao I had a "dumb / what the f**k just happened" look on my face.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Hahaha I didn't move for like a minute, I thought the manifold was going to have to come back apart.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #56
efpardo
Deep6
 
efpardo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro# 8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,082
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
WARNING!
Make sure the red straw that comes with the deep creep seafoam can is securely attached before spraying. I didn't press mine in hard enough and about 15 seconds into spraying the straw flew off like a projectile right into my manifold!
Almost happened to me too. I ended up routing the straw through a gap at the top of the silicone coupler at TB. That worked out best for me.
__________________

#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |

My Journal: Erick’s Mistress
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #57
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,275
Here's some interesting information on SeaFoaming over on LS1tech

Quote:
Ok....as you pour SeaFoam into the brake booster line it immediately gets sucked up by the rear two runners....the front 6 cylinders get pretty much nothing. So you are cleaning the two rear cylinders. Also, fluid is heavy and gets sucked right through the engine and has no time to sit and soak inside the engine....it does nothing. Allot of that SeaFoam that gets poured into the brake booster line pools in the intake also and sits in the rear of the intake.

The smoke show is mainly that SeaFoam getting sucked up when the engine is started later on. I'd be willing to bet that if someone does a Brake Booster Line SeaFoam job, a whole can, then removes their intake BEFORE starting the engine, they will pour allot of SeaFoam onto the ground. Then reinstall it and start the engine......no smoke show. Fluids of any kind are not meant to go through an intake where AIR should be going through.
If you pour it too fast, the rear two cylinders almost stall the engine because they're getting drowned out by the liquid.

You also run the risk of getting too much SeaFoam into a cylinder and hydra-locking the engine...BYE-BYE engine.

They make products that do this job properly....Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner (MCCC) and GM has one also. They are FOAM.......so when you spray them into the FORWARD PCV vacuum port this foam travels with the incoming air from the TB and travels to ALL 8 cylinders, (((unlike using the brake booster line and the SeaFoam having to fight against that flow of incoming air))). Which is doesn't, it gets sucked up by the rear two cylinders only. This foam also expands as it sits, so it bloats itself throughout the intake, runners, heads and cylinders...touching all of the inside surfaces to eat away the build-up of crap inside. Fluids can't stick to walls and ceilings, they fall to the bottom from gravity. This foam sits and eats.

I did two full cans of SeaFoam in one week....until I popped my head up and said, "what the hell am I doing, this is a joke." The next week I did one can of MCCC, and it smoked more than both SeaFoam treatments combined.

SeaFoam is GREAT for the gas and to clean out the crankcase during an oil change.

I have been using SeaFoam for almost 14 years in my 1998 T/A. Every 3-4 months a put a full can into 1/8-1/4 of a tank of gas to clean my entire fuel system, from gas tank to filter to lines to injectors to valves. I personally don't use it for oil changes, I use GUNK engine flush at every oil change.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/general-ma...ur-car-55.html
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:04 PM   #58
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Here's some interesting information on SeaFoaming over on LS1tech



http://ls1tech.com/forums/general-ma...ur-car-55.html
Doesn't apply to our engines. And Seafoam is a petroleum product which doesn't hydro lock anything. I also disagree with him as he states that nothing should be shot through the IM. Giggle juice and Meth has been delivered like this maybe before he was born lol. Also why do all automakers with no catch can send oil mixed with air and condensation into the IM? Also when you choke out the engine the last drops do stay sitting. Like I said to DarkSS you can also spray in or pour seafoam when you take the IM off. Or just unscrew the tip plate and pour some in each port while engine is off.

This isn't aimed at you Chris. Referring to the LS1 Op.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #59
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Doesn't apply to our engines. And Seafoam is a petroleum product which doesn't hydro lock anything. I also disagree with him as he states that nothing should be shot through the IM. Giggle juice and Meth has been delivered like this maybe before he was born lol. Also why do all automakers with no catch can send oil mixed with air and condensation into the IM? Also when you choke out the engine the last drops do stay sitting. Like I said to DarkSS you can also spray in or pour seafoam when you take the IM off. Or just unscrew the tip plate and pour some in each port while engine is off.

This isn't aimed at you Chris. Referring to the LS1 Op.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Oh I know it isn't. I'm just on the fence about everything and think it's good information to read. Plus I'm bored at work

I've heard a lot of good things about MCCC (Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner) and here is a guide on it.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/general-ma...-your-car.html

Once again just more information and it makes for a good read

Oh and I'm not saying seafoam wont work. Obviously it has worked for you.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #60
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Oh I know it isn't. I'm just on the fence about everything and think it's good information to read. Plus I'm bored at work

I've heard a lot of good things about MCCC (Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner) and here is a guide on it.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/general-ma...-your-car.html

Once again just more information and it makes for a good read

Oh and I'm not saying seafoam wont work. Obviously it has worked for you.
I've heard of MCCC but I haven't seen it anywhere. But I also don't look for it lol. I may give it a go and look for it. And add it to this thread on post #2 when I get my hands on some.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #61
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 5,275
Have to go to a Dodge dealer, thus why you have never seen it lol. I'll test it out soon, I'm due for an oil change. Just put in the sea foam in the fuel tank..

The MCCC may have to wait, having a lot of work done to my car and it might be this weekend.... lol. Depends whenever Jamie (J-Rod) has time to do it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #62
gotexas25
Camaroholic
 
gotexas25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 122
Thanks cant_see_me for the awesome tutorial! I did the whole process yesterday and nearly smoked out my whole neighborhood. Car seems to idle much smoother now too
__________________
gotexas25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #63
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotexas25 View Post
Thanks cant_see_me for the awesome tutorial! I did the whole process yesterday and nearly smoked out my whole neighborhood. Car seems to idle much smoother now too
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #64
efpardo
Deep6
 
efpardo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro# 8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 1,082
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Regarding using Gunk - I've used it in the past but was told by a mechanic that it cleans too well and may dry out the seals; especially on older cars.
__________________

#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |

My Journal: Erick’s Mistress
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #65
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,563
for some good knowledge!!
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #66
Toms2010
 
Drives: 2010 2LT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 204
Mine is done. Thank you for the write up. The pics made it much easier and I am not mechanically inclined.

Just a suggestion.....warn the wife what you are doing so she does not come running out of the house wondering what is wrong with the car and why it smells funny.

I opted for IM cleaning option two. Did a little smoking while spraying in the deep creep. Once I took off down the road, smoked real bad for about a half block and by another block it was all clear. Next time I may try the IM cleaning option one to see if it makes a difference.

Will do the crankcase just before I have to get the oil changed.
__________________
2010 2LT CGM Auto
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #67
Forte
 
Forte's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Madera, CA
Posts: 562
Sorry, just to clarify before I start this project. So I change the oil and THEN do the seafoam into the booster/IM? Don't have to worry about an oil change after that right?
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #68
mhog
 
mhog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Sorry, just to clarify before I start this project. So I change the oil and THEN do the seafoam into the booster/IM? Don't have to worry about an oil change after that right?
I would do the oil change after everything.
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #69
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5
 
CamaroC-17's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,732
Don't put in the brake booster! It enters the right side of the IM and does not get to the left side ports. The can even says only to ingest the seafoam where it will be distributed evenly or damage could occur. First time I did it ai used the brake booster and heard a big metal clunk.Go through the throttle body.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #70
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroC-17 View Post
Don't put in the brake booster! It enters the right side of the IM and does not get to the left side ports. The can even says only to ingest the seafoam where it will be distributed evenly or damage could occur. First time I did it ai used the brake booster and heard a big metal clunk.Go through the throttle body.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
The loud metal sound you hear was the engine stalling and the pistons stopping. Its always been said that the booster line doesn't clean both sides. This is why the IM part is important as it helps clean it. What I have told some before is to take off the top plate on the IM and spray or pour into the cylinders individually. Best way to go about it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #71
ChadG

 
ChadG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
The loud metal sound you hear was the engine stalling and the pistons stopping. Its always been said that the booster line doesn't clean both sides. This is why the IM part is important as it helps clean it. What I have told some before is to take off the top plate on the IM and spray or pour into the cylinders individually. Best way to go about it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
You mean the plenum cover?
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #72
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
You mean the plenum cover?
Yeah!
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #73
azw131
Team LLT
 
azw131's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 WRX (Stage 2)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 525
i picked up a can of MCCC and i want to use it to clean my top end tomorrow morning. Before I do though, I have a few questions, where exactly should I spray it, someone mentioned the forward PCV Vacuum (what is this and what does it look like). Also, since im just doing the top end and not the crankcase do I really need an oil change after? My car is still certified and I have another 1500 miles before my next change from a chevy dealer.
__________________


Mods: Bolt On's and Such, Some Cosmetic Stuff Too
azw131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #74
Toms2010
 
Drives: 2010 2LT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by azw131 View Post
i picked up a can of MCCC and i want to use it to clean my top end tomorrow morning. Before I do though, I have a few questions, where exactly should I spray it, someone mentioned the forward PCV Vacuum (what is this and what does it look like). Also, since im just doing the top end and not the crankcase do I really need an oil change after? My car is still certified and I have another 1500 miles before my next change from a chevy dealer.
When I did mine, I did the brake vacuum line and the front PCV. I do not have a pic of the PCV, but there is one in the first post by the OP. It is right next to the TB, pointing to the left.

You do not need to do the crankcase now unless you want to change your oil now. It is okay to do it later.
__________________
2010 2LT CGM Auto
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #75
Forte
 
Forte's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Madera, CA
Posts: 562
Finally did it! Didn't smoke too much, more like 2 or 3 big puffs. Engine light is on now, I think it should be cleared tomorrow though when I get my oil changed...
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.