Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 04-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #26
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
Had a few days of warm weather and finally get to get it out and get on it a little. I have a track day coming up at mid Ohio on the 13th-14th and wanted to practice banging gears seeing how i haven't had much seat time after break in (only 1800 mile on it) Since day one of owning this car I have felt that when shifting fast its hard to to go from 2nd to 3rd.(seems like I always hit the gate area between 1st and 2nd). Also Sometimes It would go in second kinda hard. (like notchy) Well today it started grinding when shifting in to 5th. With the track day coming up I think i may just run it like this and have the dealer look at it after....

but what do you guys all think. Anyone else have any of these problems?

Also have a note worthy clunk when you transition from on to off gas or off to on gas at low speeds in first or second.
tomster,

Sorry to hear about those issues, but once you are ready to take it to the dealer or need the appointment scheduled, please let me know. I'd like to create a case for you in our system and help monitor this for you.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #27
Samson2029

Drives: 328xi, ML350, ZL1 man. 2013
Manual transmission issues zl1

Is it normal to occasionally hear noises from the transmission, if so what is considered normal.The transmission seems to make a noise similar to differential chatter in 1-2-3 gear. shifting also feels notchy or hesitant. All seems to come back to normal if i turn the car off and on again or if I do long rides in 5 or 6th gear. this was present from day one of ownership. Does anyone have similar experience.

Last edited by Samson2029; 05-09-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Samson2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #28
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
dealer called today stated g/m is shipping them a hole new trans. G/m wants mine back in one piece to find out what failed. They didn't even want the dealer to open it up and look.
they did the same thing with my 08 vette. Second gear syncro failed at low miles. It is basically a supplier issue at the point if the dealer opened the tranny tremec would not get the propper feedback. One of the GM engineers called me at one point just wanted to know how the car was driven and such.
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #29
tomster
Mid Ohio 1:41.45

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson2029 View Post
Is it normal to occasionally hear noises from the transmission, if so what is considered normal.The transmission seems to make a noise similar to differential chatter in 1-2-3 gear. shifting also feels notchy or hesitant. All seems to come back to normal if i turn the car off and on again or if I do long rides in 5 or 6th gear. this was present from day one of ownership. Does anyone have similar experience.
does not sound normal. I do not get any noises out of my trans
Old 07-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #30
Outlaw-ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I'm searching for a resolution on this one as well. It seems to hit the "gate once every 10 or 15 shifts going from 2nd to 3rd"
Outlaw-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote